Joan Laporta

Barcelonista001

New signing
For me i dont know why no one started to question madrid all this years, its a clear from history and the political situations of spain history there was a favorite site, its also a political move to help a community that u despise with what they adore or believe

Making excuse about how many titles we got from francos era and the bankruptcy wont make a difference of how the region was treated

If i am not mistaken, the powerhouse of athletism in spain were mostly from catalan and basque region, then came franco and things shifted
And they still are going on, but no ones tried to actually investigate them, i see people saying they have smart people that runs the business, i dont think so, lots of cover ups has happened, and coincidences always occures repeatedly even for the basketball section.
I sincerely hope some people in europe start to investigate Rmadrid

Rory

For me i dont know why no one started to question madrid all this years, its a clear from history and the political situations of spain history there was a favorite site, its also a political move to help a community that u despise with what they adore or believe

Making excuse about how many titles we got from francos era and the bankruptcy wont make a difference of how the region was treated

If i am not mistaken, the powerhouse of athletism in spain were mostly from catalan and basque region, then came franco and things shifted
And they still are going on, but no ones tried to actually investigate them, i see people saying they have smart people that runs the business, i dont think so, lots of cover ups has happened, and coincidences always occures repeatedly even for the basketball section.
I sincerely hope some people in europe start to investigate Rmadrid
Spain decided to just forget about Franco and move on so there's rarely reflection on these things. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacto_del_olvido

Real Madrid have opened a can of worms releasing that video. Shows how confident they are that the media will stay on side and not push back on the video and offer the full story. That in itself is eye opening.

iniestaGOAT

The National Basketball league in Spain has apologized for retweeting Madrid’s video last night. They say it happened due to “reasons beyond our control” and have also issued an apology to Barcelona

VARDRID even controls spain basketball. These people are shameless!

Patricia Plaja, spokesperson for the government of Catalonia: "The video published by Real Madrid is a manipulation of history and is irresponsible".

Messigician

𝗦𝗮𝗺𝘂𝗲𝗹 𝗘𝘁𝗼'𝗼: "I cannot compare José Mourinho to Pep Guardiola, one of them failed to win the Champions League with Bayern Munich while the other won it with Porto ."

serghei

Barcelona are well covered in this imo. Initial gut feeling is often the best.

Laporta is not as great as Florentino Perez, but the best Barca President i've seen in 25 years by a huge distance. Keep that in mind.

jamrock

Barcelona are well covered in this imo. Initial gut feeling is often the best.

Laporta is not as great as Florentino Perez, but the best Barca President i've seen in 25 years by a huge distance. Keep that in mind.

He was definitely up there with Perez his first time around, ahead of him infact.

Bartomeau made us fall so far behind during his absence, it's basically impossible to catch perez back at this point.

If he had stayed who knows.

I've been Saying the same thing for years upon years here, the single most important thing for the success of any organization is leadership, he's shown even with his flaws, that he has that ability in abundance.

He puts the right people in the right places to have them execute as a high level.

#fuckbartoumeu.

JamDav1982

Laporta should offer out Perez for a debate in public over the history of both clubs under Franco.

Perez of course would not accept and that in itself would be a big win for Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would like to remind people of this:

"The legal process against the Catalan club and those other parties involved is ongoing, but in the leaked documents seen by The Athletic, the prosecution and the tax authorities have not found clear evidence of corruption. There is no record or suggestion in those papers of payments to active referees or match-fixing."

From three weeks ago or so, but still relevant, and before someone complains about The Athletic the same have been reported in the Spanish press.

This is what the club is banking on. They don't care if they're implicated in some relatively minor tax offence as long as the corruption charges/accusations go away.

Also why Laporta said a lot, but didn't say much, and why you won't get the full report regardless of what it showed @Luftstalag14

Socis might "own" the club on paper, but they're not shareholders in a traditional sense so they don't owe the socis full disclosure here.

Also Negreira is not going to testify to anything, especially considering his family is saying the old man is going senile.

JamDav1982

One thing wish he had made more a point of the other days was this idea that Barca 'hid' the payments.

The reality is Barca made the payments from official accounts and auditors in 2010 as well as in last few years were all fully aware.

Yet even today seen primarily Real fans on social media questioning why Barca 'hid' payments if did nothing wrong.

jamrock

Lufts is a good guy, but he has an overly lets say romanticized view of what a good leader should be.

He expects someone who is of great moral character, who is always upright, honest, builds consensus before making decisions, some form of robot/A.I leader.

When in reality no good leader is any of those things to to extent he would like and if they were they would be terrible leaders.

He was never gonna come out & explain everything in detail as if he's some auditor, that's not is job as president.

Sometimes you have to just make a decision and do what's the best thing to do at the time.

Note right & best are two seperate things.

JamDav1982

He wont explain much more than did as it is on the other side to prove guilt.

Barca dont have to come out and prove innocence in any great detail.

The one area could question him on could be going after Real with no 'evidence' when state no evidence against Barca but maybe that diversion will ultmately help deflect a bit.

This whole thing could be good for Spanish football in some perverse way.. assuming Barca cleared.

The 'El Classicos' been a bit less of a global spectacle with the era just come out of and this adds spice big time.

serghei

On legal side, only way Barca get badly burnt on this is if they initiated contact with Negreira to influence refereeing. Provenly so. Then, even if this is disguised as "keeping things fair", and protecting Barca from Madrid's influence, this is attempted bribe, or bribe if the money got to the refs.

Any other scenario, Barca are innocent of any corruption charges imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Socis might "own" the club on paper, but they're not shareholders in a traditional sense so they don't owe the socis full disclosure here.

Also Negreira is not going to testify to anything, especially considering his family is saying the old man is going senile.

Then the president and the board answer to who, first and foremost?

Home of Barca Fans