Joan Laporta

Gnidrologist

Speaking to CNN, he said: “When a player, and with all respect, prefers to go to Saudi Arabia, basically there are no sporting reasons. You know, there are other reasons that are the priority. And the football must be the priority – the sporting reasons must be the priority.”

He is like the club-behind the times. Sport is not sport anymore. It's more of a business.
He's not wrong tho.

TheStig

Speaking to CNN, he said: “When a player, and with all respect, prefers to go to Saudi Arabia, basically there are no sporting reasons. You know, there are other reasons that are the priority. And the football must be the priority – the sporting reasons must be the priority.”

He is like the club-behind the times. Sport is not sport anymore. It's more of a business.

And then he will try to convince Lenglet to join Saudi league. It will surely help to say in the media that he is going there just for money.

I hava an idea, could Laporta just shut up? His stupid statements are constantly making trouble for the club. From Dembele being the GOAT, that Barca is back in the market to this....

iniestaGOAT

And then he will try to convince Lenglet to join Saudi league. It will surely help to say in the media that he is going there just for money.

I hava an idea, could Laporta just shut up? His stupid statements are constantly making trouble for the club. From Dembele being the GOAT, that Barca is back in the market to this....

Laporta thinks he is God..

And I agree with him. In my eyes he can do no wrong.

My president.

khaled_a_d

You absolutely sure about that? Doesn't seem that way...

I mean, which players did Laporta signed and we didn't offer a competitive financial offer?

Again, look at Dembele case, club publicly shamed him and his agent, but once he accepted a reasonable financial offer it was all forgotten. We didn't make it personal or anything.
Laporta has pulled the levers, went to gulf countries trying to get funds, insisted on Super league. All are moves for finances that he himself would have damned any other person if he has done it because they aren't correlated to our "values".
I would think those are all indicators that he knows it is all about money and how you manage it.

JamDav1982

Barca have absolutely made it personal with players both at the club and comments on those they are chasing.

The 'personal' side of it is never going to be about that only and not money anyway. Almost cannot comment on one without the other.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have doubts about those reports saying Laporta wants to sign Neymar at all cost. If they are true, then this guy is officially crazy and should resign.

Porque

It's a weird one as Neymar is by and large a Rosell/Barto signing.

So unless in a twisted way it is a self perceived one-up on them, being the one who brought back Neymar after being the one that lost Messi, it would be odd for him to be supposedly big on a return.

Now though, for a season loan with a really low percent of wages paid, it could be magic.

As said before, don't think we could pull off such terms and not with our strained PSG relationship.

But two parts are absolutely true.

1) PSG management want NeyNey out
2) Neymar wants a Barcelona return

Only thing is

3) Barcelona have no salary margin and no transfer budget.
4) Doubts of Xavi wanting Neymar despite wanting an offensive creative player.

While

5) Huge marketing potential for his return. And he improves our 11.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It makes no sense from any perspective. Sporting-wise Neymar has little left to offer us, even if he was to stay healthy. Financially the Neymar brand has lost a lot of appeal, it is not like Messi, or Mbappe or Haaland. I don’t think it will be beneficial to us. Also even on a reduced level, his wages would still cost a lot and I don’t see how we can register him. The whole thing is so absurd and doesn’t make any sense.

Porque

Aye. To put it in perspective, if we were to pay 35-40% of his wage, that would still put him in Lewandowski territory.

Could probably manage for a season to be fair.

khaled_a_d

Aye. To put it in perspective, if we were to pay 35-40% of his wage, that would still put him in Lewandowski territory.

Could probably manage for a season to be fair.

But no signing fee and ammortization.
Would take that for a year over B.Silva tbh
Though, would prefer niether

Porque

Las salidas de Sergio Busquets y Jordi Alba y la venta por 8,5 millones de Nico González al Oporto no han permitido ganar el límite salarial suficiente como para abordar las inscripciones de los renovados y los nuevos fichajes.

---

After the Neymar talks, back to reality. After the sales of Kessie and Dembele, we will barely scrape registering everyone. Hell, we may not even be able to still.

What a joke situation.

iniestaGOAT

Barça has closed a deal with Mexican company Mountain Nazca for the sale of 49% of Barça Studios for €180M.

This is why laporta is gods gift to Barcelona

Home of Barca Fans