Joan Laporta

serghei

No not 'sample size' as that was your same rationale for why Real better last season and Barca couldnt win.

Barca were better last season.

Why would Barca need to win league and Real flop? Why would Barca winning the league and Real not winning CL be enough? Due to trophies 3 years prior?

If Barca win league and Real dont win CL then Barca are better again. Simple.

That's good if you think that. Better doesn't necessarily mean better squad though. Unless you think Lille had better squad than PSG when they won the league, applying this kind of argument.

So... even if you go down this weird path, you're still out of luck. :lol:

jamrock

True.. Serghei thought the situation was hopeless and club were going to fall into ruins whilst being repeatedly told otherwise by other people.

Fast forward, we won a La Liga, could be on course for a next La Liga and have one of the best teams in Europe despite a tight budget.

He got it badly wrong.

TBF, not a single soul when we were 9th and putting out some of the worst XI in our history thought we would go on to build the squad we have now and win the league, those were indeed terrible times.

Were we better than 9th, sure, were we anywhere close to winning the league, no.

The league win predictions came after the awesome summer we had, and from pretty much 90% of the board, the exceptions got so high in fact that for some honestly, some just trying to secure a win against Laporta (Impossible) that even the league win alone wasn't good enough, they wanted more.

So Serghei maybe thinking we were worst than we actually were, but it's equal revisionism to say we were way better, every single member of the forum was down on the team bar one or two of their favorites.

JamDav1982

That's good if you think that. Better doesn't necessarily mean better squad though. Unless you think Lille had better squad than PSG when they won the league, applying this kind of argument.

So... even if you go down this weird path, you're still out of luck. :lol:

No I think Barca had the better squad last season.. not by much but better than Reals and that was despite them winning the CL and league the season before.

Thought they won a very poor La Liga and won CL in way that would be almost impossible to repeat.

I dont have to think Lille winning league means they had a better squad after the fact. Irrelvant point.

Barca beat Real multiple times and won the league by double digits and that was AFTER said had Barca as slight favourites for the league.

Now weird path. I was correct.

JamDav1982

TBF, not a single soul when we were 9th and putting out some of the worst XI in our history thought we would go on to build the squad we have now and win the league, those were indeed terrible times.

Were we better than 9th, sure, were we anywhere close to winning the league, no.

The league win predictions came after the awesome summer we had, and from pretty much 90% of the board, the exceptions got so high in fact that for some honestly, some just trying to secure a win against Laporta (Impossible) that even the league win alone wasn't good enough, they wanted more.

So Serghei maybe thinking we were worst than we actually were, but it's equal revisionism to say we were way better, every single member of the forum was down on the team bar one or two of their favorites.

Nah Serghie was saying all this during last season and repeated most of it again this summer.

Nothing to do with when 9th or the mess in at that point.

serghei

Of course you said Barca are favorites for the league :lol:.

You can trash Xavi if they don't win a league you say they are favorites in, and you can also claim you predicted right Barca are favorites if they win, to not give Xavi credit and diminish his role.

JamDav1982

Of course you said Barca are favorites for the league :lol:.

You can trash Xavi if they don't win a league you say they are favorites in, and you can also claim you predicted right Barca are favorites if they win, to not give Xavi credit and diminish his role.

Yes I said had Barca slight favs for league and barely anything in the two.

Predicting Barca would win the league was with Barca as coach...you thought he couldnt for years.

Xavi hater.

But you shit the bed about 'not winning for years' as want excuse if Xavi didnt win for years.

Easy peasy to go and check.

Again you are speaking shite and made this Xavi claime before and here is what i told you...Xavi gets credit if Barca win the league... Xavi even gets credit for keeping pace with a good Real and narrowly missing out.... what Xavi cant do with this squad is lose to a poor Real or by a distance to a good one'.

All very simple and covered at time.

Last edited:

serghei

:lol:

I think I need to implement a time-validity grade on my posts. Given that I make 90% observational posts based on present events, not predictions for the future.

A grade are posts that can be refferenced for 1 year and still recognized by me as valid for the present.
B grade are posts that can be refferenced for 6 months.
C grade are posts that can be refferenced for 1 month.

If no letter is written at the end the post, that post is valid only in the context of that conversation. Any future referrence outside of that context is gonna be ignored.

Starting today.

serghei

Makes no sense that but if think it sounds good keep at it.

Sounds excellent. If you see letter A at the end when you look for my post about something, it is prediction-checked to bring it up. This is gonna allow you to spend less time bringing my posts back from months and years. If it's longer than a year, don't even bother.

ajnotkeith

:lol:

I think I need to implement a time-validity grade on my posts. Given that I make 90% observational posts based on present events, not predictions for the future.

A grade are posts that can be refferenced for 1 year and still recognized by me as valid for the present.
B grade are posts that can be refferenced for 6 months.
C grade are posts that can be refferenced for 1 month.

If no letter is written at the end the post, that post is valid only in the context of that conversation. Any future referrence outside of that context is gonna be ignored.

Starting today.
You may as well hold your tongue then because a chimpanzee can tell you 'Real won the CL so they are good' or 'Barca were 9th so they are bad'.

No point making such posts as they add nothing.

There is no such thing as a 'time validity'. When you give your opinion you are making a statement on what you believe to be the case at the time. You're either wrong or right and eventually it is discovered which.

The problem with your copouts by claiming 'I said that a long time ago' is you yourself have said about basically everything 'I will only agree when I see it happen', which logically implies a continuation of time and a prediction for something which happens in the future. Like Spurs and United having a better squad, to be disproven on that we had to wait for the results of the season as you wouldn't accept logic.

Or like now when you claim Madrid are still way better than Barca... best proof of that will be going forward and seeing what happens this season. At the end of the season will you just say 'I said that a long time ago'?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans