Joan Laporta

jairzinho

Looks like we're set to sign a huge new deal with nike. Wonder if that helps with transfers and the whole 1:1 thing?

Messi983

Will definitely help especially if we'll really get a big signing bonus (reportedly 150m).

Have to wait for official confirmation though as these details that are reported in media are usually always better than the actual deal.

Porque

Will definitely help especially if we'll really get a big signing bonus (reportedly 150m).

Have to wait for official confirmation though as these details that are reported in media are usually always better than the actual deal.

Nike would want a crack. Probably an Adidas one so they can use their mileage under the club rights.

In other words.

#EnjoyMbappe

khaled_a_d

Good way to undermine Deco again.

Not essentially, as long as both have clear roles.

Alemany wasn't SD, I have said that many times, he is a lawyer with masters in finance and spent his entire career exclusively as an executive. He isn't the football guy who scout players and decide fits, but he is the one handling agents and other clubs during negotiations. He plays as a link between the SD and the economic division in the club. The SD is the one who handles the planning of the team in Sporting way.

Deco can handle both as he had an experience as agent, who is essentially a reverse SD who do it all. But a guy like Alemany is far more experienced business part.

But that is easier said than done, because there is ego part. Alemany worked well with Planas until Xavi kicked him out, then he worked well with Xavi and Jordi too, although how it ended leaves something for interpretation about him and Jordi. But after returning it seems both him and Deco didn't knew how to work together.

Deco clearly want the "Txiki power" as he is the one building the project (best strategy IMO) but it seems that it made Alemany feelings undermined and he decided to make it easy for everyone and leave.

Loki

Alemany wasn't SD, I have said that many times, he is a lawyer with masters in finance and spent his entire career exclusively as an executive. He isn't the football guy who scout players and decide fits, but he is the one handling agents and other clubs during negotiations. He plays as a link between the SD and the economic division in the club. The SD is the one who handles the planning of the team in Sporting way.

Deco can handle both as he had an experience as agent, who is essentially a reverse SD who do it all. But a guy like Alemany is far more experienced business part.

But that is easier said than done, because there is ego part. Alemany worked well with Planas until Xavi kicked him out, then he worked well with Xavi and Jordi too, although how it ended leaves something for interpretation about him and Jordi. But after returning it seems both him and Deco didn't knew how to work together.

Deco clearly want the "Txiki power" as he is the one building the project (best strategy IMO) but it seems that it made Alemany feelings undermined and he decided to make it easy for everyone and leave.
Exactly. Alemany's financial expertise combined with Deco's sporting expertise and connection with agents is an absolute dream combo. We can only hope that Laporta manages to bring him back.

Birdy

On paper it could work, and that was the original idea before Alleamany left
But the fact that he left, and the leaks from that time, tell us that Deco did not want him around
How is that going to change now?

PS: Allemany and Planes were the only two people in Laporta's organizational chart that were not buddies of the president, returned favors, nephews and relatives, or random clowns in general
but were top professionals in their field
Too bad we don't have a president with the intention to populate the entire organization with such professionals

Birdy

Laporta is considering the RETURN of Mateu Alemany! @alexpintanel

OIP.Y3gtVv9NHDMq9DLvN-qC2gAAAA

Laporta's stint in an image

PS: Although I am 100% behind Allemany

khaled_a_d

On paper it could work, and that was the original idea before Alleamany left
But the fact that he left, and the leaks from that time, tell us that Deco did not want him around
How is that going to change now?

PS: Allemany and Planes were the only two people in Laporta's organizational chart that were not buddies of the president, returned favors, nephews and relatives, or random clowns in general
but were top professionals in their field
Too bad we don't have a president with the intention to populate the entire organization with such professionals

I know you currently hate Laporta, and I don't like wasting time trying to change opinions that won't change.

But Laporta was and is a top recruiter, that is his area of strength. He can recruit and sell people in joining in. There is actually plenty of competent people that joined him, and there will be plenty of people that will still join. Many in the economic, legal and marketing departments are very good actually and he lets them do their thing. You can hate the guy and be fair to him.

Retaining them though? Now that was always a weakness.

As for the Deco and Alemany, that was my point. They both need to accept their territories, otherwise it won't work.

Alemany actually didn't stick to his business side, and he is the one caused the issue when he resigned for another offer before it was finalized (leaks said he was joining Aston Villa) and when he flipped back Deco was already hired. Different leaks say different things, there was talks that Deco didn't want him, but mainly because Alemany didn't accept there is new sheriff in town.

Alemany was the one suggested Romeu to Xavi for example, that was pretty much confirmed back then. Him working as football guy won't end well, that is sure thing.

Our best bet that Alemany at his age (61) is unlikely to get much offers and Barca is still his best bet. Stick to the business part, be the bad cup during negotiations (with Deco as the good cup) and be a team. I doubt Deco will have a problem with Alemany if he is there to make his job easier, rather than competing with him.

But then again, we are all acting like we know what is behind the scenes, so very possible I am just wrong. We will see how it goes.

Birdy

I know you currently hate Laporta, and I don't like wasting time trying to change opinions that won't change.

But Laporta was and is a top recruiter, that is his area of strength. He can recruit and sell people in joining in. There is actually plenty of competent people that joined him, and there will be plenty of people that will still join. Many in the economic, legal and marketing departments are very good actually and he lets them do their thing. You can hate the guy and be fair to him.

Retaining them though? Now that was always a weakness.

As for the Deco and Alemany, that was my point. They both need to accept their territories, otherwise it won't work.

Alemany actually didn't stick to his business side, and he is the one caused the issue when he resigned for another offer before it was finalized (leaks said he was joining Aston Villa) and when he flipped back Deco was already hired. Different leaks say different things, there was talks that Deco didn't want him, but mainly because Alemany didn't accept there is new sheriff in town.

Alemany was the one suggested Romeu to Xavi for example, that was pretty much confirmed back then. Him working as football guy won't end well, that is sure thing.

Our best bet that Alemany at his age (61) is unlikely to get much offers and Barca is still his best bet. Stick to the business part, be the bad cup during negotiations (with Deco as the good cup) and be a team. I doubt Deco will have a problem with Alemany if he is there to make his job easier, rather than competing with him.

But then again, we are all acting like we know what is behind the scenes, so very possible I am just wrong. We will see how it goes.

I said I appreciate Allemany and Planes as professionals. Planes was not Laporta's choice, he found.
Who are all the other 'good professionals' that Laporta picked as a top recruiter?
Deco? Xavi? Rafa Marquez for Barca B? or all that trash he has accumulated close to him in the board like Echeveria?

Enlighten us here, because everybody and Laporta's mother knows that he hires people based on political alliance, friendship, and returning favors like he does with the transfers with Mendez and Zahavi

Home of Barca Fans