Joan Laporta

Messi983

The Blaugrana basket fell to Madrid in the semifinals, at the Palau, and added new disappointment to one of Barça's worst seasons in its entire history. There had never been a year in which football and basketball did not win any titles and Madrid's football team won a Champions League and League double.

Could be even worse but at least Pana took basketball Euroleague away from Madrid.

Only FCB Femeni is keeping us alive. And we'll see if handball team can win EHFCL Final Four next weekend. Will probably lose against Kiel though.

Messi983

Isn't it time for Laporta to explain Alejandro Echevarría's role?

Joan Laporta has never wanted to explain in depth what Alejandro Echevarría's role is at the club. He once said at the Círculo Ecuestre that “Alejandro is a fundamental person to lead Barça.” But little more. It is a strange presence that has become naturalized. He is known to have exceptional power and sits at the table at any important meeting alongside the president. But he has no official position, he has not endorsed as several directors have done (not all) and he does not have to justify himself to the partners.

By the way, hours after the dismissal, Yuste waited on the grass before the next training session to hug Xavi. He, who already knew about the betrayal, did not want Echevarría to be present at the meeting in which Laporta told him that he no longer counted on him. He was such a friend of his (without his influence Xavi would not have been the Barça coach) and he ended up like he did with Messi, extremely estranged.

In this corner we have carried out a cheap demoscopy exercise and we have asked some Barça members about Echevarría. Should Laporta clarify his mission once and for all? Does it bother that someone without a position has so much power or does it absolutely not matter? Obviously it is not a barometer, it has no scientific value, it does not indicate anything. There are only five opinions from five partners. There is the laportista, the non-laportista and the equidistant ones. They appear with their initials.

G. S. "I think Laporta should clarify Alejandro Echevarria's role, give explanations and be absolutely more transparent. There is no board of directors since all power is held by both."

G. B. "I think it is a shame that a Francoist is even in the Barça orbit. In fact, I think it is Laporta's black note and a great contradiction that I have never understood."

A. S. "There are so many problems that the figure of Echevarría is alarm number 25. It is a scandal and I don't know why he has so much power. I calculate that we will have it until Laporta stops being president. Nothing that surprises me in the way to go for the life of Laporta, who governs with maximum opacity and with a small clan that does not question anything, or so it seems.

I. F. "It is worrying that a person without a position, who everyone sees is very present, no one explains what he does. Since he does not have a position, he cannot be held accountable. It must be done directly to Laporta. And all of this is added the family bond, which always invites suspicion, and the link with the Franco regime, which is why he was fired in his first term."

Q. C. "I think that, indeed, Joan Laporta should clarify the role that Alejandro Echevarria plays at Barça. The members voted for a board of directors in which this person was not, nor does he appear in the club's organizational chart. Instead, he is in all important meetings. It is a dysfunction that for the sake of the club's already battered governance and the code of ethics should be clarified."

Messi983

Summer of changes in all professional sections but handball.

Football - Xavi replaced by Flick

Football femeni - Jonathan Giraldez leaving for NWSL after a historic quadruple season

Basketball - Roger Grimau about to be sacked following trophyless season

Handball - Carlos Ortega is staying (at least for now, you never know with Laporta, lol)

Futsal - Jesus Velasco rejected Barça's renewal offer months ago and will reportedly take over Spain. Had a pretty succesful three years winning 9 trophies including CL in 2021/22 but lost this year's final and failed to qualify for CL Final four last year. Can also still win La Liga before leaving.

Hockey - Barça won't renew contract of Edu Castro who has been at the club for 19 years and won 22 titles since he took over as first team coach in 2017.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

"Es ist Real Madrid, das von den Schiedsrichtern am meisten bevorzugt wurde. Niemand kann beweisen, dass wir Spiele oder Schiedsrichter gekauft haben, denn das haben wir nicht getan", pestete Laporta nun zurück.

Doch damit nicht genug. Auch in Sachen Kylian Mbappe hat der 61-Jährige seine Meinung kundgetan. "Wir wollen, dass Barca die Champions League gewinnt und jedes Spiel gewinnt. Was die Verpflichtung von Mbappe betrifft, so vertraue ich mehr auf die Philosophie von Barca, die darin besteht, Talente aus La Masia (Jugendakademie von Barca, Anm.d.Red.) hervorzubringen."

He says it's Real madrid which are favoured by the refs, nobody can prove that Barca bought refs.

Also he wants the cl....

Blanco

Laporta thinks Barca problem is in physical preparation. That says enough how far is he from understanding football. One of Xavi's main accomplishments was the tremendous improving of exactly that.

Windhook

Laporta thinks Barca problem is in physical preparation. That says enough how far is he from understanding football. One of Xavi's main accomplishments was the tremendous improving of exactly that.
He did improve it, but not enough apparently. Barca won some games in the 80+ minutes of games. Don't know if true, but post Flick era in Bayern, Nagelsmann asked Kimmich to drop few pounds to be more agile.. Heard the story from a Bayern friend of mine.

Porque

Laporta is just echoing the voice of his inner circle. Deco, the SD and Echidna.

By reports, they proposed/advised personnel changes to increase the physical preparations of the team and Xavi rejected it, insisting keeping his whole team.

The subsequent loss to Girona and the press comments before Rayo then sealed his fate.

Andresito

Staff member
A powerful Saudi club has contacted Barça to explore football collaboration agreements. It could well be that they look to invest in Barca Vision, as the Blaugrana struggle to find a replacement for Libero's €100m due this summer. @sport

Home of Barca Fans