Joan Laporta

Messi983

So the new coaches are not germans in the physical aspect.

No, but don't tell that to Birdy, lol.

The arrival of Hansi Flick represents a small revolution in the technical staff of the Barça first team. The changes are already happening and being known, especially in the physical preparation section, one of the aspects that president Joan Laporta gave greater importance in a recent interview with the club's media.

The first thing that was known is that the club incorporated Julio Tous as a strength physical trainer and that they were trying to close an agreement with Raúl Martínez to be the new coordinator of physiotherapists and masseuses. Xavi's physical trainer until now, Iván Torres, will not continue.

This Tuesday, Cadena Ser revealed that physical trainer Pepe Conde, until now at Sevilla, is joining Barça and MD added that Rafael Maldonado, from Real Sociedad, would also be part. Two additions that add to the work team, with Edu Pons, the person responsible for GPS and the evaluation of data in training, as another key figure.

The rehabilitation workers Jon Álvarez and Juan Carlos 'Chechu' Pérez, those who are in charge of the transition of the injured from the infirmary to the field, from the physiotherapist to the physical trainer, are also included and under Flick's orders.

Ricard Pruna was one of Xavi's requests. The doctor returned to Barça to take charge of the first team's medical services and will continue in the position. The continuity of Xavier Valle, a doctor who has been at the club for years and comes from grassroots football, is not guaranteed today.

As MD already explained, José Ramón de la Fuente will continue to be the goalkeeping coach at the request of Ter Stegen, although Flick has brought in a specialized coach. Joan Barbarà could continue as a link with grassroots football. Those who will not do it are the analysts David Prats, Sergio García and Toni Lobo, Xavi's trusted technicians.

No idea what chemistry these guys who have never worked together and will probably also have problems to communicate with Flick will have.

Would also like to know who is the one responsible for selecting these physical trainers? Flick? Probably not. Deco? Laporta?

Don't know much about them so can't say if they will be good or not but just interested who is making these decisions. At least with Xavi we knew he worked with his staff for years. Now we have no idea if or how they will get along.

Porque

I don't mind it as long as the talent is there.

Would have preferred to have a team backed by Flick rather than the board selecting based on god knows what criteria though. Sociedad were obviously a very fit team, Sevilla less so though probably down to general quality. But they looked well off the paces physically compared to Europes elite like Arsenal.

Mind you, should be an improvement of what Xavi brought here.

Anyways here are their histories.

Julio Tous

Pepe Conde

Edu Pons

Rafael Maldonado

Porque

Xavi refused to replace any of his staff members but did he also reject bringing additional trainers like club wanted?

That Tous guy was mentioned before and another name that escaped me.

Ended up making a new post with the links.

To be honest the profiles (expect possibly Edu Pons who was previously with the club and seems to have no recent profile) looks good.

I dont know if Xavi would have had the option to bring additional staff. It wouldn't really make since to add if Xavi already has established his All Sad inner circle though. I don't know what impact not shaking up the team would add.

serghei

Even though I can't say I like Laporta all the time, he is clearly more Presidential than that terrorist Bartomeu. There can be no comparisons between Laporta and all other Barca presidents we've had since around 2000 since I started following the club.

Not to say that's some high prize, the others were all proven bums.

Birdy

Ended up making a new post with the links.

To be honest the profiles (expect possibly Edu Pons who was previously with the club and seems to have no recent profile) looks good.

I dont know if Xavi would have had the option to bring additional staff. It wouldn't really make since to add if Xavi already has established his All Sad inner circle though. I don't know what impact not shaking up the team would add.

Xavi is stubborn and the combination of stubbornness with an inflated ego is the worst

Thing is that Flick's football is WAY more demanding than Xavi's in intensity, runs, duels, etc.

Ivan Torres might have been OK for Xavi's football, most likely he is not for Flick's
We are changing the paradigm now. It's time for people to realize

Loki

Even though I can't say I like Laporta all the time, he is clearly more Presidential than that terrorist Bartomeu. There can be no comparisons between Laporta and all other Barca presidents we've had since around 2000 since I started following the club.

Not to say that's some high prize, the others were all proven bums.
Bartomeu was a pure financial guy with zero idea in sport. He lead the club like a big company. Invest every Euro, every cent you have to grow. Barca was increasing the sales volume yearly, while balancing financially on edge. It would have been okayish without Covid and better transfers to get better sport results and thus generate income, although problems already started to appear because of the failures of transfers, so the club had to do some shady dealings with Cilessen and Arthur.
You can compare it with a big company that invests in a big and expensive machine to create income, but that machine was made in china and breaks down all the time, so your company goes down the drain, although with a good machine you would have made lots of money.
Laporta has absoltely no idea in finances or sports area, but he is a very charasmatic leader like no other president I know and as long as he brings in capable guys in finance and a good sports director, his period will look good. He is very dependent on his board.

Last edited:

serghei

Bartomeu was a pure financial guy with zero idea in sport. He lead the club like a big company. Invest every Euro, every cent you have to grow. Barca was increasing the sales volume yearly, while balancing financially on edge. It would have been okayish without Covid and better transfers to get better sport results and thus generate income, although problems already started to appear because of the failures of transfers, so the club had to do some shady dealings with Cilessen and Arthur.
You can compare it with a big company that invests in a big and expensive machine to create income, but that machine was made in china and breaks down all the time, so your company goes down the drain, although with a good machine you would have made lots of money.
Laporta has absoltely no idea in finances or sports area, but he is a very charasmatic leader like no other president I know and as long as he brings in capable guys in finance and a good sports director, his period will look good. He is very dependent on his board.

Not quite so. Barcelona financially has a very clear model. Your spending has to be in line with what you generate not in the moment, but into at least the near future. It was clear that our spending was set to be absolutely huge for 3-4 seasons in a row, and the revenue simply was not. As soon as the revenue dropped, the club became desperate.

Every decent company has some sort of risk management that functions as some type of safety net. Of course it helps that they can inject capital through their owners to recover from a big crisis if shit really hits the fan big time. Barcelona couldn't operate under those terms at all due to obvious factors.

Essentially, once we got in the hole Barca had 2 options. Bad bank loans (adding extra debt on medium-long terms) + selling of assets into the future to some 3rd party entities, and accepting a bad decade sporting wise. Laporta tried to achieve an acceptable balance of the two. Not sell too many vital assets, just enough to try to stay competitive and reach good results on the field. Imo, he succeeded so far.

Bartomeu's failures are even bigger in the financial side. Sporting wise he did manage to win some important things, at least in the first half of his tenure. But it's worth jack shit if the cost of that is ending up on the brink of financial ruin. Let's not even talk that in the years when he was paying the players as if money grew in trees, Madrid won 3 CLs in a row with a much more realistic financial model.

Last edited:

Messi983

We don't have money to pay wages in June, will have to take another 100m loan.

People should stop dreaming about signings.

companyofcules

Bit disappointed have to admit. I was ready to embrace the clap-trap for a German manager and now his biggest selling asset is replaced by some dudes we could've have had without Flick.
Someone should smack Deco in his senses if he is the mastermind.
No, but don't tell that to Birdy, lol.

The arrival of Hansi Flick represents a small revolution in the technical staff of the Barça first team. The changes are already happening and being known, especially in the physical preparation section, one of the aspects that president Joan Laporta gave greater importance in a recent interview with the club's media.

The first thing that was known is that the club incorporated Julio Tous as a strength physical trainer and that they were trying to close an agreement with Raúl Martínez to be the new coordinator of physiotherapists and masseuses. Xavi's physical trainer until now, Iván Torres, will not continue.

This Tuesday, Cadena Ser revealed that physical trainer Pepe Conde, until now at Sevilla, is joining Barça and MD added that Rafael Maldonado, from Real Sociedad, would also be part. Two additions that add to the work team, with Edu Pons, the person responsible for GPS and the evaluation of data in training, as another key figure.

The rehabilitation workers Jon Álvarez and Juan Carlos 'Chechu' Pérez, those who are in charge of the transition of the injured from the infirmary to the field, from the physiotherapist to the physical trainer, are also included and under Flick's orders.

Ricard Pruna was one of Xavi's requests. The doctor returned to Barça to take charge of the first team's medical services and will continue in the position. The continuity of Xavier Valle, a doctor who has been at the club for years and comes from grassroots football, is not guaranteed today.

As MD already explained, José Ramón de la Fuente will continue to be the goalkeeping coach at the request of Ter Stegen, although Flick has brought in a specialized coach. Joan Barbarà could continue as a link with grassroots football. Those who will not do it are the analysts David Prats, Sergio García and Toni Lobo, Xavi's trusted technicians.

No idea what chemistry these guys who have never worked together and will probably also have problems to communicate with Flick will have.

Would also like to know who is the one responsible for selecting these physical trainers? Flick? Probably not. Deco? Laporta?

Don't know much about them so can't say if they will be good or not but just interested who is making these decisions. At least with Xavi we knew he worked with his staff for years. Now we have no idea if or how they will get along.

companyofcules

We don't have money to pay wages in June, will have to take another 100m loan.

People should stop dreaming about signings.
Bad performances for 3 years and stadium losses starts to show. Laporta made a huge mistake. Only a fucking idiot would believe Ferran or Lewandowski are good investments, but it is what it is.

Home of Barca Fans