Joan Laporta

khaled_a_d

The club is not 1:1 compliant with FFP yet and do not know whether they will be able to do it before the transfer window ends.

Will probably be a race against time to register Olmo before La Liga opening match unless they manage to make a big sale earlier or succeed at closing that Nike deal.

Honestly, it seems that our mercato is essentially over anyway in terms of buying players.
It is now the departures and incoming loans time.

ajnotkeith

They need to pick up a DM urgently even if it's a cheap signing. It could just be a repeat of last season if we go into it without a DM again, that was a huge weakness last season.

Birdy

They need to pick up a DM urgently even if it's a cheap signing. It could just be a repeat of last season if we go into it without a DM again, that was a huge weakness last season.

Bernal will have to play a lot this season it seems

Then I see a lot Gavi-Pedri/gundo as a double pivot in Flick's system

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Signing Olmo is fine if you know you can relatively easily dot the i's and cross the t's.

But signing Olmo when it backs them in to a corner when they have multi million euro negotiations ongoing is the height of madness.

Nike will be holding his pending registration over them like a carrot on a stick.

Should be going in to these negotiations in a position of maximum strength, not weakening their position by increasing the need for immediate money. :facepalm:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Signing Olmo is fine if you know you can relatively easily dot the i's and cross the t's.

But signing Olmo when it backs them in to a corner when they have multi million euro negotiations ongoing is the height of madness.

Nike will be holding his pending registration over them like a carrot on a stick.

Should be going in to these negotiations in a position of maximum strength, not weakening their position by increasing the need for immediate money. :facepalm:

The club lost all its leverage when a court ruled in Nike's favour not allowing them to break the contract without paying Nike a massive fine or negotiate with other companies. Nike's contract with us is until 2028 and while they might extend with us getting some better terms, it won't be what they were hoping for.

I don't know what they were thinking when they started all that shit.
Bartomeu's board negotiated a bad deal since it was way too long with no opt-out, whilst the current board tried to break the contract and negotiate with Puma in bad faith, then got fucked over by one court, appealed that decision, which got confirmed and upheld by Audiencia Provincial de Barcelona.

I'm surprised questions weren't asked about how poor the entire situation was handled.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Nike's contract with us is until 2028 and while they might extend with us getting some better terms, it won't be what they were hoping for.

Bartomeu's board negotiated a bad deal since it was way too long with no opt-out,

Iirc we have opt out in 2026.

khaled_a_d

Olmo deal and Nike won't affect each other that much, he is most likely will be registered as above the cap signing anyway.

Many departures will happen too that will ease things for them.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Iirc we have opt out in 2026.

Seems like there isn't. At least the terms aren't clear. Either way Nike are probably not in a hurry after how the club acted with Laporta's public statements as well.

Nike in general seem to be pulling out from a lot of football clubs and instead focusing on players and athletes.

I haven't seen other clubs make such negotiations a public shitshow with the CEO or President of the club calling their deal into question like Laporta did. It's hardly professional is it?

khaled_a_d

Seems like there isn't. At least the terms aren't clear. Either way Nike are probably not in a hurry after how the club acted with Laporta's public statements as well.

Nike in general seem to be pulling out from a lot of football clubs and instead focusing on players and athletes.

I haven't seen other clubs make such negotiations a public shitshow with the CEO or President of the club calling their deal into question like Laporta did. It's hardly professional is it?

There is a lit of things that we handle in unprofessional ways tbf, and a lot of public announcements and fights.
But tbf, it didn't seem to hurt them that much so far.
I would prefer calmer situation, but I adapted myself that this isn't happening anytime soon.

jamrock

Their is definitely a opt out in 2026, which is why Nike is even at the table negotiating now, if it was in 2028, they would have told us go fuck ourselves.

2 years out is pretty standard stuff to start looking at contracts and renegotiating..

The club probably came out in public, because they were upset at the deal and tried to apply some pressure, because they knew they could get a better one with puma, but it was a bad move, CONTRACTS, don't work like that.

Another shit deal by barto, but the public thing was a rookie move.

Like reports that have sense came out and said, the deal will be done in the medium term, I'm expecting 4-6 months or their about.

We are the only big club left that Nike sponsors, I know they are trying to draw back on sport sponsorship, I also wouldn't be surprised if they let the deal run out and have us join puma, if the numbers aren't to thier liking.

BJJ

We need to go to Puma. Fuck Nike. The issue is whether we will still be relevant as a club in 2026. Puma won't pay much more than Nike. This club continues to shoot itself in the foot.

Home of Barca Fans