Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

Needs to up his game massively or Barca need to get someone more professional.

Talks far too much that ends up making himself and club look foolish time and again.

They failed on their budget and where expected to be while paying likes of Lewa far far too much.

As if 'doing a good job but dont have money' is not on the board in large part for where they expected to be.

The atrocious European results under him despite telling everyone what levers were for have had a huge impact financially.

Gone from saying 'Barca can never have rebuilding years' to now saying 'Barca are about young players before buying stars'.. just usual opens his mouth and lets belly rumble as to what think is the best thing to say that day.

jamrock

Dude literally said, we may not make many signings, maybe a winger, we will have to use masia.

Then a few months later, he said we could sign ONE player like Williams.

I don't know where this multiple signings came from, unless I missed something.

JamDav1982

''Can Barcelona financially make a signing like Nico Williams? As it stands today, yes."

"Today we can afford to sign Nico Williams. We can deal with a signing like Nico's,"

Complete lie when said it and they have needed to sell players and 'bend' the rules through injuries to sign a player for less.

They are still relying in income from selling assets and struggling to sign anyone with selling off young players and injuries to first team players.

mc_lovin

I mean what is he supposed to say? We are fucked, that's it?

Anyways, board didn't deliver. Feels like we already lost the season... if the players and Flick can compete until January there might be some way out, but it's an incredible ask. Odds are heavily stacked against us for now.

JamDav1982

I mean what is he supposed to say? We are fucked, that's it?

Anyways, board didn't deliver. Feels like we already lost the season... if the players and Flick can compete until January there might be some way out, but it's an incredible ask. Odds are heavily stacked against us for now.

There are things to be positive on but lying about where the club are with player signings etc is not it for variety of reasons.. from fans expectations and how club comes across to potential signings etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This was a disappointing transfer window considering we didn't address the positions in need and got thinner at CDM even with Bernal's injury, but enough about that. It is what it is.

I just want to know when this La Liga FFP garbage will be over. Just someone from the club being completely honest about it. There's no way they don't know.

JamDav1982

This was a disappointing transfer window, but I don't even care about that.

I just want to know when this La Liga FFP garbage will be over. Just someone from the club being completely honest about it. There's no way they don't know.

It would have been over this summer had they not had so many failures in Europe.

It was part of the reason levers were sold.. have to compete at home and abroad and failed on it.

Cost the club and this is the result.

They are trying to get Nike to pay more upfront at expense of each season now to try and make up for it.. more long term income gone for short term.

Birdy

The fact that Neal Gardner wants him out, is a badge of owner for Laporta.
That guy might have never watched a football game in his life based on his reactions.

The hashtags are mine not Neal Gardner's.

BTW you hate every Barca twitter persona, so you are biased on this

Home of Barca Fans