Joan Laporta

BJJ

Flick probably fuming tbh.

Can imagine Laporta probably fed him all the same lies to get him to sign on as manager.

You can put Pep, Klopp, Motta...whoever and they would struggle with this job. Biggest issue imo was getting that bum Xavi, pulling levers for him and than getting dumped out of Europe on a regular basis. Money and reputation went down the drain with Xavi.

Birdy

Biggest issue imo was getting that bum Xavi, pulling levers for him and than getting dumped out of Europe on a regular basis. Money and reputation went down the drain with Xavi.

That was not a mistake

That was A CRIME

Only for that alone, he SHOULD GTFO in 2026

Reactions: BJJ

Devils

Laporta pulled those levers for Xavi gambling like he was getting the next Pep Guardiola.

Instead he got the Catalan Frank Lampard.

It was almost unimaginable that there could be even a bigger dumbshit than Barto in charge of Barca...yet here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: BJJ

companyofcules

Actually his best trasfer window. He wasted some money to improve the attack without selling the club like in the past.
As for CDM we have Gavi FDj Casado

companyofcules

Not like you wanted a Real CDM
You just repeated some hype from mundo and you named my real CDM not fit for our system
Wasting 60 mil on another holding mid or box to box like you wanted or on 007 Nico would have meant the total collapse of the club.
At least Olmo can get some results done until the efects of blowing XH6 pass.
we are scraping results not due to our midfield but the 210 milions invested in Betis, Lewandowski, Ferran, Raphinha

companyofcules

I don't want to sound a dick again and again but stat wise we were one of the most bad teams in attack . We produced alot of low quality chances and we missed them like crazy.
We needed numbers
Then we needed a WC CDM if we wanted the UCL. Laporta bet on the money from Nike and our sold assets, but we are in a sense lucky that we kept the money for now and only got Olmo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to sound a dick again and again but stat wise we were one of the most bad teams in attack . We produced alot of low quality chances and we missed them like crazy.
We needed numbers
Then we needed a WC CDM if we wanted the UCL. Laporta bet on the money from Nike and our sold assets, but we are in a sense lucky that we kept the money for now and only got Olmo.

You keep talking out your ass in all threads.
Stats showed that last season Barca created most chances in La Liga (or closeto 1st).
And here is me, not even a fan of how we played.

companyofcules

You keep talking out your ass in all threads.
Stats showed that last season Barca created most chances in La Liga (or closeto 1st).
And here is me, not even a fan of how we played.
Literally said we created chances but not the best ones, and we missed a lot of them.
Creating big chances isn't equal to good ones or having a good attack. You can spam the box with crosses or shot at every oportunity for that statistic to work. (like getting desperate for results with an attack that can't hold the ball, can't take 1 v1, can't finish from claustrophobic areas.)
Our culture of not shooting too early was based on preventing exactly what we are. Having lots of chances on paper and converting few. You can be desperate in huge games and I am not a fan of not shooting from every angle when you need a goal, but we do it game after game after game because we are average.
So getting Nico, an average finisher that rarely gets inside the area of danger was more stupid than getting Olmo.
That's my whole point.
As for the needed CDM it was less important than solving the attack. Also our fabs and media were not linking us with real CDM That was my other point.
Feel free to quote other instances where I am talking out of my ass.

Loki

OFFICIAL: President Joan Laporta will give a press conference on Tuesday 3rd September to explain and analyse the club’s transfer window.

At least he doesn't hide. Let's see how he wants to explain that the club couldn't return to the 1:1 rule.

El Barcelona

OFFICIAL: President Joan Laporta will give a press conference on Tuesday 3rd September to explain and analyse the club’s transfer window.

At least he doesn't hide. Let's see how he wants to explain that the club couldn't return to the 1:1 rule.
Going to be interesting, he has a lot to explain.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Something like this I suppose: "After trophyless season I made promises and didn't deliver. I am resigning."

Porque

Will be some fluff about the Nike deal being preliminary agreed but LaLiga did not accept the documentation. That if they accepted we would be at 1:1.

Needs to not F up because Olmo is only registered until December 31st. If we have to pull shenanigans in Winter market to get him registered then he is on borrowed time unless Flick can keep a winning miracle.

jamrock

He will simply say, you all know my drip.

I'm theeee Joan Laporta

The socios will eat it up and we'll move on.

Loki

He's too big to hide lol.
Ironic many people here call him fat all the time on the internet. Not only it's shabby, it's also the place where statistically many overweight people are. But what can you expect from football fans, huh?

Home of Barca Fans