Joan Laporta

Birdy

@NealGardner_
FC Barcelona’s transfer window:

1. We didn’t get back to 1:1, as promised, and we closed NO important economic agreements.
2. We lost out on our #1 target, meanwhile we sold Gundogan and multiple young prospects just to register Olmo (and still failed).
3. The ONLY reason Olmo’s registration actually went through was because our starting CB got injured and we basically forged the extent of his injury.
4. Now, we’ve undergone a few major injuries, and there’s NO depth, because you went and sold everyone you possibly could!!!

#LAPORTA OUT
#NO CONFIDENCE

Reactions: BJJ

khaled_a_d

The fact that Neal Gardner wants him out, is a badge of owner for Laporta.
That guy might have never watched a football game in his life based on his reactions.

Last edited:

Porque

It was a high risk strategy that we may scrape through for the better.

But switching to a double pivot and putting your trust in two B teamers and the conversion to Pedri for that position, while banking on the returns of Gavi and Frenkie is either madness or genius.

Right now it is looking madness with the Bernal injury, the Eric injury, Christensen de-registration, non renewal of Bob, loan of Romeu and cancellation of the signing of Guido.

But if we can get through to winter without the pressure to close the Nike deal for the transfer fee then we can sign someone decent then.

It's all part of the Laporta strategy to wing it all or nothing at Hooters with the hope of getting a nipple in your face, but I'm withholding the pitch forks- for now.

Porque

Hindsight is 100/100

There's still legs in the transfer market. I'd imagine the club is inundated with agents offering defenders and pivots right now.

That is unless Deco has already set his email and phone to holiday auto response, of course :lol:

jamrock

There's still legs in the transfer market. I'd imagine the club is inundated with agents offering defenders and pivots right now.

That is unless Deco has already set his email and phone to holiday auto response, of course :lol:

Deco already tapped out this has probably been the most difficult two months of his life lol.

Last summer Mendes threw us two players in areas we needed to cover and we got Romeu, it was easy shuff.

This summer he's probably having nightmares about la Liga FFP.

He's over it lol

Porque

Deco already tapped out this has probably been the most difficult two months of his life lol.

Last summer Mendes threw us two players in areas we needed to cover and we got Romeu, it was easy shuff.

This summer he's probably having nightmares about la Liga FFP.

He's over it lol

Nobody gave him birthday cards and wine but get well soon cards and grapes :lol:

TheStig

He said losing at Barca has consequences. Barca clearly "lost" in this transfer window because Laporta didn't deliver what he promised (1:1). What will be the consequences?

Those are the questions that Catalan media should ask if they weren't corrupt.

Loki

He needs to be transparent and explain why we have failed to attain 1:1 after promising to do so for months now.
It's pretty obvious, ain't it? Both deals that were needed for it didn't happen. Neither the Nike contract (it's a huge contract that needs more time), nor the promised full sum for the Barca Studios. Laporta did one big mistake and that's open his mouth to promise something. He still didn't learn from the Messi debacle and he keeps promising things which he isn't sure will happen.
I really hope someone in the board will shut him up for future promises.

khaled_a_d

I really hope someone in the board will shut him up for future promises.

He hasn't been speaking much in the past few weeks tbh. He had this interview were he said we can afford to make a signing of Nico size and near 1:1 and then a full silence afterwards.

Loki

He hasn't been speaking much in the past few weeks tbh. He had this interview were he said we can afford to make a signing of Nico size and near 1:1 and then a full silence afterwards.
Yeah, because he realized he promised too much again. The same with Messi. He should just shut up and give interviews when things are signed and done. I really hope he learned it this time now, or his reelection could get very problematic.

Home of Barca Fans