Joan Laporta

serghei

The SALARY FUND of the current team is (if we take the average estimate of various resources) somewhere around 220 million euros.

BUT WE STILL CAN'T ACHIEVE TO THE 1-1 RULE.

Do you understand how much money we owe Messi, Suarez and other players?

There is only one question - when will this end and we will pay off all salary debts...

Sometime during 2025 as Laporta said previously. And yes, according to him the sums are outstanding.

The other issue that counts for wage cap is the revenue I think. That has taken a big hit due to no Camp Nou, not much prize money from UEFA due to being poor in CL on average in the last 5 years and some other factors.

Windhook

How much revenue in gate receipts the club misses since moving to Montjuic? My basic calculations are about 3m per game.

jamrock

How much revenue in gate receipts the club misses since moving to Montjuic? My basic calculations are about 3m per game.
We would have to be wait until the financial break down is released and compare it to previous years at the camp nou.

But it has a to be a significant amount, plus we paid i think it was 20m to rent and spruce up the Olympic stadium.

gasgas

obama-come-on-what-2.gif

Was , but not anymore. Honestly I need to put back like 3-5 kg , I don't like how I look now.

What about you , still pretending you didn't fuck a man on your tinder days ?
Why would you think that?

serghei

At the end of the day, Laporta stepped into a very tough situation, and already won bigger titles than many clubs spending hundreds and hundreds of millions in the last 2-3 years. :lol:

I get people complaining about his populism, but what actually matters is how the club is doing on the field. And his new project already yielded a big trophy despite major financial constraints. And the start this season has been great.

So, unless you are completely naive, and overtly pretentious and demanding while lacking realism, you can't not notice the progress the club made with him compared with the years before he became President.

Now we need to be patient, and see what he can do with hundreds of millions to spend on improving the squad. If he fecks that up and wastes all of it on bums like Bartomeu did, and fucks up the wage cap by paying those bums a fortune in wages... then he loses all the credit he gathered so far very quickly.

His mandate so far has been a strenuous clean up job, while trying to fix the financial situation and staying competitive at the top. This objective has been almost achieved in full. When the club is ready to advance to stage 2 and 3 (by which time the financial situation is expected to greatly improve), we'll see if Laporta's presidency has the potential of greater things or not.

Last edited:

jamrock

At the end of the day, Laporta stepped into a very tough situation, and already won bigger titles than many clubs spending hundreds and hundreds of millions in the last 2-3 years. :lol:

I get people complaining about his populism, but what actually matters is how the club is doing on the field. And his new project already yielded a big trophy despite major financial constraints. And the start this season has been great.

So, unless you are completely naive, and overtly pretentious and demanding while lacking realism, you can't not notice the progress the club made with him compared with the years before he became President.

Now we need to be patient, and see what he can do with hundreds of millions to spend on improving the squad. If he fecks that up and wastes all of it on bums like Bartomeu did, and fucks up the wage cap by paying those bums a fortune in wages... then he loses all the credit he gathered so far very quickly.

His mandate so far has been a strenuous clean up job, while trying to fix the financial situation and staying competitive at the top. This objective has been almost achieved in full. When the club is ready to advance to stage 2 and 3 (by which time the financial situation is expected to greatly improve), we'll see if Laporta's presidency has the potential of greater things or not.
Well said

ajnotkeith

It's a difficult situation but we shouldn't act like it was a massively desperate situation and we couldn't possibly survive. It wasn't that bad and there were always many options to take to build our finances back.

With that said, he also benefitted hugely with a lot of luck from La Masia, it has to be said, we have been really lucky with just how much first team talent we have gotten out of La Masia and even literally world class wingers directly from there like Lamine Yamal at 17. Cubarsi who is already one of the best CBs in LaLiga at 17, Bernal in the future, Balde, Fermin etc. A much too large part of our squad has been filled with La Masia kids who are in any general sense way too young to be playing important roles with the first team.

Someone will surely respond saying that has always been the case, but not like this, never this young for all these kids breaking through and also the sheer amount of talent from this generation specifically.

We might be seeing a generational CB and a generational RW breaking through in the same exact cohort. Plus marks for Bernal before the injury, we'll see what happens now.

I agree with waiting to pass complete judgement until we see him have a real budget to spend on the squad, but you must also consider that part of having a full budget to spend is his financial management. It is his job to get us back to 1:1 and get that money available, and to be frank, we lost a lot of money in Europe due to poor sports management.

There is also the fact that he's signed deals with multiple shady or less than reputable companies who have ended up reneging on the deals and costing us valuable margin, or making us have to scramble to free up space for signings, and damaging the predictions year-on-year. @Luftstalag14 (where is his account??) was the resident expert on Laporta's business decisions in the corporate part of the club, he thought they were awful.

So his job isn't just sporting and your analysis is not complete if you don't analyse his business work, which is quite difficult, it takes a lot of time and isn't widely reported but we need to know if that has been good or not before we talk about him being a success, if anything, the business decisions and the corporate side of the club are the most important parts of the presidency right now.

Last edited:

Porque

Just seen the "Made in La Masia" tag on academy players on the first teams squad.

Must be a part of the clubs new positioning and marketing strategy.

Very good idea when we are looking to recruit talented youngsters and brand them under that moniker.

With that said, squad is incredibly thin even when everyone is back and will need some small miracles like the re-emergence of Ansu to compete on all fronts.

jamrock

It's a difficult situation but we shouldn't act like it was a massively desperate situation and we couldn't possibly survive. It wasn't that bad and there were always many options to take to build our finances back.

With that said, he also benefitted hugely with a lot of luck from La Masia, it has to be said, we have been really lucky with just how much first team talent we have gotten out of La Masia and even literally world class wingers directly from there like Lamine Yamal at 17. Cubarsi who is already one of the best CBs in LaLiga at 17, Bernal in the future, Balde, Fermin etc. A much too large part of our squad has been filled with La Masia kids who are in any general sense way too young to be playing important roles with the first team.

Someone will surely respond saying that has always been the case, but not like this, never this young for all these kids breaking through and also the sheer amount of talent from this generation specifically.

We might be seeing a generational CB and a generational RW breaking through in the same exact cohort. Plus marks for Bernal before the injury, we'll see what happens now.

I agree with waiting to pass complete judgement until we see him have a real budget to spend on the squad, but you must also consider that part of having a full budget to spend is his financial management. It is his job to get us back to 1:1 and get that money available, and to be frank, we lost a lot of money in Europe due to poor sports management.

There is also the fact that he's signed deals with multiple shady or less than reputable companies who have ended up reneging on the deals and costing us valuable margin, or making us have to scramble to free up space for signings, and damaging the predictions year-on-year. @Luftstalag14 (where is his account??) was the resident expert on Laporta's business decisions in the corporate part of the club, he thought they were awful.

So his job isn't just sporting and your analysis is not complete if you don't analyse his business work, which is quite difficult, it takes a lot of time and isn't widely reported but we need to know if that has been good or not before we talk about him being a success, if anything, the business decisions and the corporate side of the club are the most important parts of the presidency right now.

1) the situation was very desperate by all independent non bias measures.

Barto fucked us in his last term in order to not finish with a massive net loss, which he would have had to cover.

The biggest systemic issues the club has, are/were.

Reducing our wage bill
Building a new stadium.

He has successfully executed on both.

The barca vision money people keep harping about is important but in the grand scheme of things, isn't that big of a deal.

He's sign a new shirt and stadium sponsor
A new deal with Nike (eventually)
Built a new stadium.

All that will increase our revenues in the medium term by at least 300m per season and that's being conservative, some projections have us getting an extra 250m from the new stadium alone, but that's probably too optimistic.

All that while net spending 100-130m euros since he's been back, to win 1 league title, teams have spent 3x as much and for nothing in return.

Only negative anyone can point to his him pulling levelers, which is something most here simply don't understand, simple concepts like opportunity cost.

Perez sold 30% of future revenues from their new stadium for 20 years, for around $400m, you don't hear the Madrid media and fans talking about it every 3 seconds.

We were in a much worse situation and had to do something similar with our TV rights.

Most here just whine because
1) they just don't like him
2) they have their little agenda's and some are stupid enough to fall for it.
3) they done understand wtf they are talking about.
4) they want a robot in charge of the club.

Which is not to say he's doing a perfect job, definitely things he could improve on.

Birdy

LaLiga michael AKA Michael Cerna is a whore, if I saw him I wouldn't ask him to fight because he's not a real man, I would just slap him and remind him how much of an intellectual prostitute he is.

OK, I don't know the guy. Why is is he an intellectual prostitute?

Home of Barca Fans