Joan Laporta

Icarium

Lifestealer
No again that is a cop out.

If Laporta is saying that Unicef is going to be shirt sponsor then changes his mind at a later date all he has done is mislead the voters.

What candidates have said they could get a sponsor that pays more?

Agusti Benedito: "I’m sure it will not be anymore. Qatar must be far away from Barça. They represent the financing of the international jihadist terrorism. We have one, two and even three other choices that are willing to pay us more money than Qatar."

Barcilliant

Agusti Benedito: "I’m sure it will not be anymore. Qatar must be far away from Barça. They represent the financing of the international jihadist terrorism. We have one, two and even three other choices that are willing to pay us more money than Qatar."

Benedito is talking out of his ass. He isn't going to win and is talking crap.

Barcilliant

The world of football has changed since Laporta left. I hope we don't have a guy who's stuck in the past. I like Laporta the best among the candidates but let's not forget he had some low points during his last tenure.
Biggest questions are
1) Can he deliver success again?
2)Can he generate income for the club?

MessiDinho10

The main thing La Masia is there to do is to bring through first team players....

Who did he bring through?

That's subjective. You might think it's the most important thing, but if two kids from Africa are sent away for no good reason with no guidance and end up on the streets in a foreign country that's far more important to me. So is ruining kids' youth career with a transfer ban (blame lies both with FIFA and Barcelona for me).

JamDav1982

That's subjective. You might think it's the most important thing, but if two kids from Africa are sent away for no good reason with no guidance and end up on the streets in a foreign country that's far more important to me. So is ruining kids' youth career with a transfer ban (blame lies both with FIFA and Barcelona for me).

So in terms of players through to first team and at a world class level he was nowhere near 'The Bests Ever!'

Xavi, Valdes, Puyol, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi, Pique were all coming through La Masia from a young age and made it to a high level (bar Puyol at 17) prior ro 2005.

So spare me the rubbish about Alexanko being 'the best ever'. Since he came in to the role in 2005 not one player in La Masia from a young age established themselves in the first team. Pedro and Busquets did but came in at 17.

Perhaps the biggest failure of La Masia/First team in years happened in his time - Bojan.

Yeah but you can base your opinions on 'the best ever' on some unfounded rumour a couple of african kids were treated poorly...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
bringing in a young guy and making him play and succeed for the first team is very hard and there are many steps and stages where the player could go off track. Maybe we just had bad luck for various reasons lately? For example bojan was a success in terms of scouting him, developing him at youth level, but he failed at the first team. Thiago we did everything right but we had too many in his position by the time he was breaking through.

Btw I count Pedro and busquets as la Masia success stories. That was an example of good scouting even if they weren't there from kid level all the way through.

Siberia

This guy is always talking about La Masia but the first thing he wants to do as a Barca president is pay 80M for Pogba. Does this guy even have a plan?

Home of Barca Fans