Joan Laporta

frog-fcb

Interesting idea, thing is our sponsor revenues would massively decrease, even with the current system we are behind in sponsorships compared to other clubs.

I personally don't mind a sponsor. Infact I'd like a better deal and for us to receive more money.

Yeah it might decrease but it would be better than it disappearing and then having the plain home jersey would keep all the old die hard romantics happy. Personally i myself dont overly mind a sponsor on the kit as long as they pay up for the privelige

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Those days are gone. Even athletic have a sponsor now. i don't think the club is losing its identity unless the sponsor is dodgy (Qatar airways is ok, no problems there).

We could have an optional shirt for the fans without a sponsor on it, but keeping the sponsor on the players jerseys? Everyone wins in that scenario.

raki

Some people here are funny. They want the Unicef bla bla, no sponsor but then want a ton of money for a little space in the shirt. lol.

Laporta can tell fuck off to Qatar. Great. As long he brings another brand that got the goods.
He talks a lot. I hope he delivers. 70M/year he said. Great.
Abidal is a sentimental card but he strikes as a smart man. It´s no easy task.

Henry_IB

Banned
I am just worried a lot of the candidates are too idealist and not pragmatic enough. A lot of them put heavy focus on La Masia and returning to our roots (cruyff etc) while most not giving a definitive answer regarding shirt sponsor. I am slightly worried that in their mind it is okay to drop a shirt sponsor and lose out on that revenue because they think they won't need to spend as much on buying players as we have done because we'll play more home-grown players.

And in an ideal world this would work out just fine. But it is naive thinking we'll produce Xavi / Messi / Pique / Busquets and Iniesta level players on a regular basis. And I know there are some people here who'd rather play a mediocre talent as long as he is a culé than paying big money for a top foreign talent, but I am not one of them.

raki

Yeah it might decrease but it would be better than it disappearing and then having the plain home jersey would keep all the old die hard romantics happy. Personally i myself dont overly mind a sponsor on the kit as long as they pay up for the privelige

Exactly. You used the right word: privilege. The club with best player in the world. The best club in the world in the last 15 years. 70M at least. Same goes for Nike. Pay up or we go for Adidas.
God damnit: we are shitty at selling players let´s not be shitty at getting these contracts.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
There is nothing wrong with Qatar airways, some people don't like the Qatari government but what does that have to do with the airline?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Aye, odds on La Masia delivering next Messi are same as winning a lottery. But hey, Abidal says he will do it.

JamDav1982

Who does Laporta claim he brought through from La Masia in his time at club?

Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes were already in first team.

Messi was a one off case that according to reports didnt even really follow the coaching of La Masia and did his own thing.

Thiago is one but Pedro and Busquets came to the club at a late age and are not really products of the La Masia system anymore than Cesc or Pique are Arsenal or Man Utd youngsters.

The truth is La Masia stopped producing world class first team players in Laportas time. The best ones were produced before he even arrived.

JamDav1982

It is owned by the Qatari govt. Also, QA has recently been in news for this.

Nike have been in the media in the past for child labour and inhumane working conditions abroad etc.

Why are people happy to have them on the strip?

You will struggle to find any company that has no negative media.

zanela

Nike have been in the media in the past for child labour and inhumane working conditions abroad etc.

Why are people happy to have them on the strip?

You will struggle to find any company that has no negative media.

Spare me. Not interested in politics. Those who vie for power are corrupt beings, with vested interests in play. Some may be slighter better than the others but they are different slices of the same bread. So please use your fervent and zealous anti/pro lobbying on someone else. ta ta.
I was only answering to Hamzah's "nothing wrong with QA" statement.

Alen

What's this moral righteousness about? What does this perfect sponsor look like? What other team has it? Qatar Airways is just as bad as any other potential sponsor.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I personally don't give a fuck. Main issue is that we're not getting paid as much as we could be.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Laporta got a viable option instead of a shirt sponsor then he should present it and hold a referendum on a shirt sponsor or not if he's elected as President.

Home of Barca Fans