Joan Laporta

khaled_a_d

Who does Laporta claim he brought through from La Masia in his time at club?

Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes were already in first team.

Messi was a one off case that according to reports didnt even really follow the coaching of La Masia and did his own thing.

Thiago is one but Pedro and Busquets came to the club at a late age and are not really products of the La Masia system anymore than Cesc or Pique are Arsenal or Man Utd youngsters.

The truth is La Masia stopped producing world class first team players in Laportas time. The best ones were produced before he even arrived.

Cesc & Pique can be said to be Arsenal youth product just like they are with Barca ,same with Puyol,Pedro & Busquets .I mean no one even dare to question if Puyol is La Masia product or not yet players joined the club at same age like Pedro & Busquets questioned for sake of supporting your argument? come on man you are much better than this
Messi spent 2 years under his tenure in the youth system and 2 years b4 him .I hope you are joking about believing those type of reports

JamDav1982

Cesc & Pique can be said to be Arsenal youth product just like they are with Barca ,same with Puyol,Pedro & Busquets .I mean no one even dare to question if Puyol is La Masia product or not yet players joined the club at same age like Pedro & Busquets questioned for sake of supporting your argument? come on man you are much better than this
Messi spent 2 years under his tenure in the youth system and 2 years b4 him .I hope you are joking about believing those type of reports

Players signed at 17 for just about any side are not really seen as the product of the youth system at anywhere bar Barca.

Borderline you could call Puyol, Pedro and Busquets La Masia players but not really products of the system.

Not in the same way that Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes and to an extent Messi is.

I would say Cesc and Pique are more products of La Masia than Puyol, Pedro or Busquets.

Genuinely dont know anyone amongst the Man Utd/Arsenal fans that would consider Fabregas or Pique as products of their system.

Messi in La Masia played his first friendly game for first team a few months after Laporta etc took over even then he is not a La Masia product as such, he is a one off genius.

khaled_a_d

Players signed at 17 for just about any side are not really seen as the product of the youth system at anywhere bar Barca.

Borderline you could call Puyol, Pedro and Busquets La Masia players but not really products of the system.

Not in the same way that Xavi, Iniesta, Valdes and to an extent Messi is.

I would say Cesc and Pique are more products of La Masia than Puyol, Pedro or Busquets.

Genuinely dont know anyone amongst the Man Utd/Arsenal fans that would consider Fabregas or Pique as products of their system.

Messi in La Masia played his first friendly game for first team a few months after Laporta etc took over even then he is not a La Masia product as such, he is a one off genius.

The most important years of players development is the 2 year b4 promotion and his 1st years in 1st team ,all of Pedro,Puyol,Busquets spent those years in Barca .Marotta signed to RM at the age of 16 and they consider him their youth product .it isn't just in Barca .
And btw ,Calcio top scorer is La Masia product from Laporta's era but was sold .Bellerin,Keita(Lazio) all left the club and all potentially gr8 players from La Masia who left in Rosell era
Núñez & Gaspart may has improved La Masia ,but it kept going developing players who joined from all ages under Laporta .so far this can't be said about the current board

JamDav1982

The most important years of players development is the 2 year b4 promotion and his 1st years in 1st team ,all of Pedro,Puyol,Busquets spent those years in Barca .Marotta signed to RM at the age of 16 and they consider him their youth product .it isn't just in Barca .
And btw ,Calcio top scorer is La Masia product from Laporta's era but was sold .Bellerin,Keita(Lazio) all left the club and all potentially gr8 players from La Masia who left in Rosell era
Núñez & Gaspart may has improved La Masia ,but it kept going developing players who joined from all ages under Laporta .so far this can't be said about the current board

Totally agree that is an important time for a player in few years before hits first team. That is the same for every player everywhere.

What I dont agree with is that a player signed at 17 is a product of the Barcelona youth system anymore than I accept it for other clubs. You could consider them La Masia players though I suppose.

For me the likes of Halilovic wont be seen as a Barca youth player in the future even though he was signed at 18 and had important development ahead of him.

Young players have always left Barca and always will and loads of players have been brought in and there are good players waiting to come through. Plenty of them.

mssarm

Apparently Laporta has telepathic connection with Messi :rofl1: Barto will announce tomorrow that he mind controlled the ball in Barca-Bayern game and Toni Frexia will announce that he is certified saint. Let the circus begin...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently Laporta has telepathic connection with Messi :rofl1: Barto will announce tomorrow that he mind controlled the ball in Barca-Bayern game and Toni Frexia will announce that he is certified saint. Let the circus begin...

And I'm sure you'll be present to cheer for your favourite clown, Bartomeu. ;)

mssarm

And I'm sure you'll be present to cheer for your favourite clown, Bartomeu. ;)
They are both my favorites, I don't take sides (which you refuse to believe). They are both amusing. Laporta is the new Hodor and Barto thinks he is John Snow but in reality he is Reek.:tease:

Icarium

Lifestealer
They are both my favorites, I don't take sides (which you refuse to believe). They are both amusing. Laporta is the new Hodor and Barto thinks he is John Snow but in reality he is Reek.:tease:

Laporta best comparison is daenerys. Everything fits perfectly. Think about it.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You are mixing things up. I thought we are discussing Abidal's role as sports director?
Alves offered Abidal his liver and now Barca needs to pay whatever Alv es asks?

The point was clear that it was in response to the assertion that Abidal couldn't be objective since he stood up in support of his good friend in Alves who was negotiating for a better contract. It was utter nonsense.

Is Puyol an idiot then to refuse being used as puppet in elections for any candidate? Because, you know, odds are Laporta asked Puyol first.

Puyol or Xavi would've been a coup as far as Laporta's candidacy is concerned but it's only logical that Catalan cantera players cannot put themselves into the political mix...Yet, former club players are supportive of Laporta's candidacy - can any other candidate say that?

Home of Barca Fans