Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

It's not gonna happen. Majo or Laporta or whoever talks about it. Internet voting is just not secure enough and then you'll have candidates promising sunshine and rainbows and people will vote for them sitting far away trusting them blindly. Won't happen.

It is secure enough and the company they mention already gets used in US, Australian elections etc.

Whether it happens or not isnt the point it is what Majo and Laporta are advocatting and not just a change to an electronic system used at Camp Nou.

If it isnt going to happen they shouldnt be telling the Socios it will.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is secure enough and the company they mention already gets used in US, Australian elections etc.

Whether it happens or not isnt the point it is what Majo and Laporta are advocatting and not just a change to an electronic system used at Camp Nou.

If it isnt going to happen they shouldnt be telling the Socios it will.

This is a biometric system used in USA. It's not internet voting unless Majo and Laporta has explicitly mentioned that.

station-polling-ballot-washingtondc.si.jpg

Last edited:

JamDav1982

This is a biometric system used in USA. It's not internet voting unless Majo and Laporta has explicitly mentioned that.

station-polling-ballot-washingtondc.si.jpg

Yes which uses the internet and could be used in locations all around the world.

Clearly they are saying this technology which can be used to help people vote 'thousands of miles away'.

DonAK

Yes which uses the internet and could be used in locations all around the world.

Clearly they are saying this technology which can be used to help people vote 'thousands of miles away'.

But where are they gonna open up in every country for members to vote? Unless they're gonna do like Estonia tried with the chip in the membership cards and that process.

I don't think it should happen.

As for any promise then every candidate in every election that have been arranged on this World have backtracked or promised things they can't deliver. Politics you know. Not that I approve of that, but just how it is.

JamDav1982

But where are they gonna open up in every country for members to vote? Unless they're gonna do like Estonia tried with the chip in the membership cards and that process.

I don't think it should happen.

As for any promise then every candidate in every election that have been arranged on this World have backtracked or promised things they can't deliver. Politics you know. Not that I approve of that, but just how it is.

Of course it shouldnt happen but clearly they ares discussing ways in which remote members can vote and not a new system of voting at Cap Nou.

Just seems that people dont give a shit if Laporta lies or goes back on what he says for him it is 'oh well thats politics'.

If Laporta is running on a ticket of 'transparency' and honesty he needs to be held accountable for what he promises.

If all lies from candidates are to be dismissed as 'politics' there is no value in debating anything any of them say.

DonAK

Of course it shouldnt happen but clearly they ares discussing ways in which remote members can vote and not a new system of voting at Cap Nou.

Just seems that people dont give a shit if Laporta lies or goes back on what he says for him it is 'oh well thats politics'.

If Laporta is running on a ticket of 'transparency' and honesty he needs to be held accountable for what he promises.

If all lies from candidates are to be dismissed as 'politics' there is no value in debating anything any of them say.

I have a suggestion. We can start to discuss Laporta's lies when you're ready to discuss Bartomeu and Rosell's lies and stop trying to make up stuff to justify their wrongdoings.

None of Laporta, Bartomeu or others are saints who never lie or never do anything wrong. I thought we had come to that conclusion a long time ago hence the 'the lesser evil' term being used.

JamDav1982

I have a suggestion. We can start to discuss Laporta's lies when you're ready to discuss Bartomeu and Rosell's lies and stop trying to make up stuff to justify their wrongdoings.

None of Laporta, Bartomeu or others are saints who never lie or never do anything wrong. I thought we had come to that conclusion a long time ago hence the 'the lesser evil' term being used.

Predictable comeback....but this is a Laporta thread.

Never ever said Rosell or Barto are saints that have done nothing wrong anyway. Go and read back. My point has always been they ALL lie when it suits them.

The difference is some people try to make out Laporta to be some honest saviour and dismiss his lies as 'politics'

You are the one with the double standards not me.

mssarm

By the way the biometric voting machines cost several million dollars- they are not cheap. I have another question: by opening the membership are we giving voting rights to Real Madrid fans? Can they initiate legal inquiries like Jordi Arias did with Neymar ?

JamDav1982

By the way the biometric voting machines cost several million dollars- they are not cheap. I have another question: by opening the membership are we giving voting rights to Real Madrid fans? Can they initiate legal inquiries like Jordi Arias did with Neymar ?

I thought of that but there is bound to be Real Madrid fans who can be members already if they so wished.

DonAK

Predictable comeback....but this is a Laporta thread.

Never ever said Rosell or Barto are saints that have done nothing wrong anyway. Go and read back. My point has always been they ALL lie when it suits them.

The difference is some people try to make out Laporta to be some honest saviour and dismiss his lies as 'politics'

You are the one with the double standards not me.

How am I the one with double standards when I have acknowledged that none of them are saints? I'm not making him out to be saviour, but if it's upto me than I'd vote for Laporta and not Rosell's heir. If there is anyone with double standards then it's surely the guy who got the nerve to bash others, but come to the defensive of other candidates for whatever they have done wrong? And that's unfortunately for you, not me. Look in the mirror please.

It is politics. Just like Bartomeu trying to seal deals through official channels(the club) while not being the President of the club is politics to gain support just before the elections. What do you want me to do? Strip them and burn them alive in the city center?

Every election promise, every lie is a part of politics. It's a part of trying to gain a favourable outcome.

However if you want to continue "debating" this for hundred of pages like you do with every single issue as it seem to be a (bad) habit of yours then go on. I'm happy to keep replying tonight.

JamDav1982

How am I the one with double standards when I have acknowledged that none of them are saints? I'm not making him out to be saviour, but if it's upto me than I'd vote for Laporta and not Rosell's heir. If there is anyone with double standards then it's surely the guy who got the nerve to bash others, but come to the defensive of other candidates for whatever they have done wrong? And that's unfortunately for you, not me. Look in the mirror please.

It is politics. Just like Bartomeu trying to seal deals through official channels(the club) while not being the President of the club is politics to gain support just before the elections. What do you want me to do? Strip them and burn them alive in the city center?

Every election promise, every lie is a part of politics. It's a part of trying to gain a favourable outcome.

However if you want to continue "debating" this for hundred of pages like you do with every single issue as it seem to be a (bad) habit of yours then go on. I'm happy to keep replying.

Feel free to start any debate on the Bartomeu thread and I will contribute there. For here lets stick to Laporta.

No double standards from me at all and I can debate any issue with you in isolation with resorting to 'well he lies too so its acceptable' or 'lies are all part of politics' arguments.

We are on same page it seems anyway. They are all liars.

Good stuff. Now lets move on.

Last edited:

mssarm

I thought of that but there is bound to be Real Madrid fans who can be members already if they so wished.
I meant Real Madrid agents who can become a soci with an agenda. I don't think it would be an issue for Perez to hire those individuals. If we want to bring more members maybe we should go public like MU or Juve, but opening the voting membership like Laporta is proposing sounds dangerous to me.

JamDav1982

I meant Real Madrid agents who can become a soci with an agenda. I don't think it would be an issue for Perez to hire those individuals. If we want to bring more members maybe we should go public like MU or Juve, but opening the voting membership like Laporta is proposing sounds dangerous to me.

They could do that anyway if they wanted. Pretty much nothing to stop them unless every possible socio has Barcas best interest at heart or cannot be corrupted!

frog-fcb

Was there ever any issues like that before

Home of Barca Fans