Joan Laporta

F

Flavia

Yeah, I'm not really liking Laporta so far. Tbf, no candidate seems good, which is sad.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he'll win barring a miracle. It's still time left of course, plenty of days, but he just doesn't seem to have 'it' to surpass Bartomeu who got a media mogul behind his back.

JamDav1982

I don't think he'll win barring a miracle. It's still time left of course, plenty of days, but he just doesn't seem to have 'it' to surpass Bartomeu who got a media mogul behind his back.

If Laporta wants to win he needs to up his game.

I think people are willing to hear what he has to say but so far he has said nothing impressive other than trying to give people what they want to hear it seems.

Bartomeu having a 'media mogul' behind him only goes so far. He was behind on a lot of polls recently and Laporta has had the support of 'Sport' which I think has around the same circulation as MD.

If Laporta loses it is on him not doing enough when he seemingly has so much ammunition.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I think people are willing to hear what he has to say but so far he has said nothing impressive other than trying to give people what they want to hear it seems.

Bartomeu having a 'media mogul' behind him only goes so far. He was behind on a lot of polls recently and Laporta has had the support of 'Sport' which I think has around the same circulation as MD.

If Laporta loses it is on him not doing enough when he seemingly has so much ammunition.

Bartomeu having the Godo Group + the Treble behind him is quite an advantage. As for SPORT then they seem to be neutral or let's say confused.

The only polls that matters is the ones with socis and that's where Bartomeu had a clear lead in the one MARCA paid for.

Here: http://www.marca.com/en/2015/06/28/en/football/barcelona/1435480045.html

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bartomeu having the Godo Group + the Treble behind him is quite an advantage. As for SPORT then they seem to be neutral or let's say confused.

The only polls that matters is the ones with socis and that's where Bartomeu had a clear advantage in the one MARCA paid for.

Of course the treble is an advantage but even with that media backing of some he was behind on a lot of polls and being booed in Camp Nou only a few months ago.

The media dont even seem to be having any real influence so far as Bartomeu is staying relatively quiet and they are just reporting Laportas words which dont seem to be connecting.

I think Laporta has mis read the Sponsorship issue and the global membership issue.

Even claiming to be great friends with idiots like Raiola when the guy destroyed Pep and Cruyff last time he was near club just comes across as fake.

Would guess we will see Laporta back track on the sponsorship and membership.

frog-fcb

Id say laporta will hold off with the heavy ammunition to the last few days before the election then it will be fresh in everyones mind come voting day

JamDav1982

Id say laporta will hold off with the heavy ammunition to the last few days before the election then it will be fresh in everyones mind come voting day

What issues has he not commented on? Not sure what there is left to use as ammunition.

Maybe you are right but that is a dangerous games and people are making up their minds all the time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He has no cards left to play imo. He used up old aces Cruyff and Abidal already. Pogba is going nowhere apparently.
He doesn't have the personnel that's nearly as good as his previous winning team either.
Of course, he can make a wild promise, we'll see.

Meanwhile Bartomeu rides on a trebale and will announce the name soon.

JamDav1982

He has no cards left to play imo. He used up old aces Cruyff and Abidal already. Pogba is going nowhere apparently.
He doesn't have the personnel that's nearly as good as his previous winning team either.
Of course, he can make a wild promise, we'll see.

Meanwhile Bartomeu rides on a trebale and will announce the name soon.

Are people even hot on the idea of Cruyff coming back?

He has spoke out against the signings of Neymar and Suarez and criticised the teams style of play last season under Lucho.

Just another contradiction from Laporta that Lucho brought back the Cruyff style to Barca this season...Cruyff openly criticised the style of play ffs.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Jamdav, Laporta said a lot of stupid things already. Noone's even taking notice that much.
Cruyff is a legend but is also a disruptive factor. His place is in Barca history.

Home of Barca Fans