Joan Laporta

MontenegrinCuler

Joan Laporta to @BarcaOneFCB :
"We were offered €250M for Lamine Yamal, but I said no”

Could be one of the most important decisions he's made in his second term. Btw, Barto wouldn't hesitate a moment to ship him off. Talk about comparisons between the 2.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Refusing that 250m offer is actually the easier decision. If he'd sold Lamine for 250m and he was balling like he is now, Laporta would be getting absolutely castigated left, right and centre.

Lamine for me is priceless. I honestly wouldn't sell him for a Billion euros. His talent, artistry and the memories he will give us are going to be priceless.

Imagine we sold Messi for a billion when he was 19. Makes me sick to even think about it.

Last edited:

jamrock

Economic moment

"Today, the club makes money. When we arrived, we pushed the levers to meet urgent commitments and to improve the workforce. We gave traction, but the wound was open. Today we can say that Barça earn more than they spend. We have 41% more income and 22% less spending. This is very important. Merchandising goes like a rocket. We have a turnover of more than 70% compared to before. On another issue (technological assets) we have punctured because it gives losses, but due to a default. There have been extraordinary losses of 91 million. But it is circumstantial. But we are convinced that, in the end, these assets will be productive. Barça's economy is evolving. It is not a still photo. I am calm. It will end up giving results. We have healed the wound, it has cost a lot, but I ask for institutional stability. The real architects of this moment of happiness for Barça fans are the members. They have given us institutional stability. How is this achieved? Voting on the budgets. It is fundamental. We have to stick together".

Alik

Refusing that 250m offer is actually the easier decision. If he'd sold Lamine for 250m and he was balling like he is now, Laporta would be getting absolutely castigated left, right and centre.

Lamine for me is priceless. I honestly wouldn't sell him for a Billion euros. His talent, artistry and the memories he will give us are going to priceless.

Imagine we sold Messi for a billion when he was 19. Makes me sick to even think about it.
I agree, but it doesn't always turn out that way. Look at Ansu Fati. Or even someone like Bojan.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I agree, but it doesn't always turn out that way. Look at Ansu Fati. Or even someone like Bojan.

I get what you are saying but we can afford to lose out on a 150m sale ( like we potentially did with Ansu ) every 10 years or so. What we can't afford to do is miss out on having magicians like Messi and Lamine playing for our club for 15 years

A similar situation is when we sold R9. That has been voted as one of the most saddest moments in the history of this football club.

Compare the huge clubs around the world. Bayern, Liverpool, Juve, Madrid, Inter can easily forget about the potential 150m sale they missed out on. Yet none of those clubs will EVER have a player close to being as good as Messi. And all he brings including his infinite legacy which the club will continue to benefit from 30 years from now. ( Monetarily as well. )

It's easily worth the risk of rejecting all the huge offers for our young superstars in my opinion. Going further I'd reject 150m for Cubarsi as well if someone offered it.

Home of Barca Fans