João Cancelo

God Serena

I got the priviledge to call the Paco purchase before it was made, as a flop
I also called the Douglas purchase, and with Arda purchase i argued on him not fitting for the role we want
I also predicted Mathieu flopping

Now i get another chance to call this as a flop purchase before he has set his foot here and i believe i will be proven right eventually

All the best Cancelo,
But i am more inclined to believe that you are our next flop :dance:

Not really impressive predictions. Paco was a certain flop to anyone who didn't lick the nuts of any and all incoming players for the sake of "giving them time". Douglas was an obvious money laundering scheme, Arda was obviously a political signing, and Mathieu was a fossil when brought in. Cancelo has Vidal 2.0 written all over him so it's not too impressive to predict he'll flop; he almost 100% WILL flop, he's a trash defender who knows how to attack, we've all seen where that gets us.

I don't see the point of sticking to a formation where you don't have the players to play it to perfection anymore

It is called rigidity, being inflexible etc.

It is counterproductive in modern football or so i heard

especially with us because as time goes we keeping having fewer 4-3-3 ish players compared to when we started

Our shitty transfer policy is the reason we don't have the players for a 4-3-3 the way we'd like but if we can spend 120m+ on players who are all virtually useless there's no reason we couldn't bring in players who could fit this system.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Let's sign Valencia's whole squad already... Or just buy the club, appoint Robert as president and send all our B players there...

gasgas

Not really impressive predictions. Paco was a certain flop to anyone who didn't lick the nuts of any and all incoming players for the sake of "giving them time". Douglas was an obvious money laundering scheme, Arda was obviously a political signing, and Mathieu was a fossil when brought in. Cancelo has Vidal 2.0 written all over him so it's not too impressive to predict he'll flop; he almost 100% WILL flop, he's a trash defender who knows how to attack, we've all seen where that gets us.

Our shitty transfer policy is the reason we don't have the players for a 4-3-3 the way we'd like but if we can spend 120m+ on players who are all virtually useless there's no reason we couldn't bring in players who could fit this system.

I feel like we're speaking the same language.

Those predictions are just fine, not intended to impress

This signing is Vidal 2.0 who is even a lot more poor defensively

Messi983

We should just appoint [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] as our new president and [MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] as SD and then we'll see who they'll buy.

xXKonan

Cancelo is certainly not covering himself in glory this game vs Celta.

Second goal he was going on a run in Valencia's own half and lost the ball and which led to the goal.

Third goal he was ball watching and broke the Defensive line and they play the ball behind him which led to a easy goal.

Man if we are spending 30 million on him we are going to have to get his guy to learn simple basic defensive maneuvers and what not to do while in Possession. I know Valencia has been shite but how has anyone not teach him the simple basics?

Richard.H

I think there's some really shady stuff going on with this board wanting Valencia players. I think perhaps Bartomeu and co. get some shares of the club with each purchase?? Either way I just don't understand this weird, sudden obsession with Valencia.

Raketa10

Cancelo is certainly not covering himself in glory this game vs Celta.

Second goal he was going on a run in Valencia's own half and lost the ball and which led to the goal.

Third goal he was ball watching and broke the Defensive line and they play the ball behind him which led to a easy goal.

Man if we are spending 30 million on him we are going to have to get his guy to learn simple basic defensive maneuvers and what not to do while in Possession. I know Valencia has been shite but how has anyone not teach him the simple basics?

I saw the goals, he was directly involved in three out of four Celta goals. That third goal...:facepalm: after he lost the ball he didn't even return to his position so entire right side was left empty and uncovered!

One word for his display today: DISASTER!!!

With 30m price tag he is a HUGE gamble but the thing which worries me the most is the fact that he isn't improving defensively at all. WTF is he doing in practice?

In the end we didn't sign him jet so it would be wise to find some other, more reliable solution for RB spot.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION]

Cancelo was involved for Celta's 4th goal when he allowed that player to cut inside.

[gfy]RectangularSecretCassowary[/gfy]

Raketa10

Can we please just sign Srna as a short term solution until we find adequate young player for RB spot?! Even with almost 35 on his back he is 10x better in defense than Cancelo!!!

Last edited:

gasgas

This guy will definitely grace our right side of defence :rofl1:

We are moving from Roberto 50 attack, 50 defence

To Cancelo who is 60 attack 10 defence

And to some, that is a major improvement that will make us happier

Well defence ain't that shinny and glittering

Nobody cares about it

After all he will have all the help he needs from Messi, our defensive winger :rolleyes:

Raketa10

This isn't funny anymore! There is no fucking chance we can't find better RB within 30m price range!

Home of Barca Fans