João Cancelo

navidjaan

Watch him become our best sub for Messi at RW and everyone who supports every new player no matter what will say "he's a good RW backup so he's worth his spot on the team" even though we'd still need a competent RB.

TBH we do need a wider winger. But it would affect Rafinha's minutes..

gasgas

TBH we do need a wider winger. But it would affect Rafinha's minutes..
Then don't buy Cancelo

Roberto pique umtiti alba
. ...............busquets
Rafinha messi iniesta neymar
...................suarez

Shod solve most of our right sided problems

Raketa10

Then don't buy Cancelo

Rafinha is definitely not first 11 material. Sorry but no.
He is just a squad player and that is his limit, he will never be good enough to become starting 11 player for Barca. In my eyes Denis has much bigger potential.

Not to mention that in this line up you have 3 players who do not play defense at all (MSN) and 2 who defenetely can't defent against stronger teams (Iniesta and Rafinha). This line up would be a disaster. You must have at least one more midfielder who can cover space and play stronger defense (Rakitic or someone like him).

Last edited:

gasgas

Rafinha is definitely not first 11 material. Sorry but no.
He is just a squad player and that is his limit, he will never be good enough to become starting 11 player for Barca. In my eyes Denis has much bigger potential.

Whether Rafinha Denis or Cancelo plays
My main issue is we need a player to play RW on permanent basis

So Messi can be comfortable controlling the game from the center

The guy I was replying to, believed Rafinha deserves it, I just decided to go with it.

I wouldn't choose any of the above 3 options as priority

Raketa10

Whether Rafinha Denis or Cancelo plays
My main issue is we need a player to play RW on permanent basis

So Messi can be comfortable controlling the game from the center

The guy I was replying to, believed Rafinha deserves it, I just decided to go with it.

I wouldn't choose any of the above 3 options as priority

I am not sure this is possible because than we would have to find RW who would cover Messi spot in the midfield in defense. There is not a chance Messi would cover this space in defense. Never in a milion years. Not to mention we would have to lose on CM player to enable this formation.

I really don't see a player like that in the market. A player who is great in RW and who is also good in defense. If we put a usual RW player in our squad and move Messi in the middle we would actually have 4 players who do not defend at all and that would be waaay to many.

I get your point, and I agree with you that something has to change either he has to move back to RW or we need to change formation but this is definitely something very complicated. Pep invented false 9 position because of that but with Suarez here that would be a blasphemy.

Last edited:

gasgas

I am not sure this is possible because than we would have to find RW who would cover Messi spot in the midfield in defense. There is not a chance Messi would cover this space in defense. Never in a milion years. Not to mention we would have to lose on CM player to enable this formation.

I really don't see a player like that in the market. A player who is great in RW and who is also good in defense. If we put a usual RW player in our squad and move Messi in the middle we would actually have 4 players who do not defend at all and that would be waaay to many.

Let's imagine cancelo is that player
He is very good in attack and though he is poor defensively as a RB, he can certainly defend as a RW

Another example would have been Cuadrado of Fiorentina, don't know his current state.
I am sure there are more players of this quality

When we attack the formation I gave you will be the one we use

When we are defending it switches to

Sergi....... Pique .......Umtiti ......Alba
Cancelo...Busquets....Iniesta......Neymar
..............Messi.......Suarez

Cancelo takes a few steps back.

Messi and Suarez will be up top roaming around waiting for counters

Losing a CM is not such a big deal. Bayern won the treble playing two CMs, Schweini and Javi Martinez, two wingers and two forwards,
No big deal

Raketa10

Let's imagine cancelo is that player
He is very good in attack and though he is poor defensively as a RB, he can certainly defend as a RW

Another example would have been Cuadrado of Fiorentina, don't know his current state.
I am sure there are more players of this quality

When we attack the formation I gave you will be the one we use

When we are defending it switches to

Sergi....... Pique .......Umtiti ......Alba
Cancelo...Busquets....Iniesta......Neymar
..............Messi.......Suarez

Cancelo takes a few steps back.

Messi and Suarez will be up top roaming around waiting for counters

Losing a CM is not such a big deal. Bayern won the treble playing two CMs, Schweini and Javi Martinez, two wingers and two forwards,
No big deal

Yeah but Bayern played 4-2-3-1 and do not forget that Mandjukic contributed HUGELY in defense and so did Muller while MSN do little or none in defense. Also Martinez and Schweini are better defensively than Busi and Iniesta who are definitely more ball control type of midfielders. Not to mention Lahm is much better in defense than Sergi.

I honestly think we wouldn't be able to play this formation with our current squad. Honestly for that formation Coutinho is much more suited than Neymar on that right side.

That said I like Neymar very much and wuldn't want to lose him for Coutinho. :)

Last edited:

gasgas

Yeah but Bayern played 4-2-3-1 and do not forget that Mandjukic contributed HUGELY in defense and so did Muller while MSN do little or none in defense. Also Martinez and Schweini are better defensively than Busi and Iniesta who are definitely more ball control type of midfielders. Not to mention Lahm is much better in defense than Sergi.

I honestly think we wouldn't be able to play this formation with our current squad. Honestly for that formation Coutinho is much more suited than Neymar on that right side.

That said I like Neymar very much and wuldn't want to lose him for Coutinho. :)

Yeah but our team is more technical than them so we will not need that much defence as them but we will operate more on control with Busi and Iniesta in charge of control
Messi, Cancelo, Neymar and Suarez incharge of attacks

And as i showed you, in our defensive formation, the lazy players i.e Messi and the striker i.e Suarez will have lesser defensive duties than Muller and Mandzukic
I honestly think that this formation would be our breakthrough

But we don't have Coutinho, we have Neymar. We stick to what we have

God Serena

4-3-3 is our identity, changing our formation for more than a single game here and there isn't anything more than pointless idealism.

gasgas

I got the priviledge to call the Paco purchase before it was made, as a flop
I also called the Douglas purchase, and with Arda purchase i argued on him not fitting for the role we want
I also predicted Mathieu flopping

Now i get another chance to call this as a flop purchase before he has set his foot here and i believe i will be proven right eventually

All the best Cancelo,
But i am more inclined to believe that you are our next flop :dance:

4-3-3 is our identity, changing our formation for more than a single game here and there isn't anything more than pointless idealism.

I don't see the point of sticking to a formation where you don't have the players to play it to perfection anymore

It is called rigidity, being inflexible etc.

It is counterproductive in modern football or so i heard

especially with us because as time goes we keeping having fewer 4-3-3 ish players compared to when we started

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Jeez. Look at what you post.

I got the privilege to call the Paco purchase before it was made, as a flop
I also called the Douglas purchase, and with Arda purchase i argued on him not fitting for the role we want
I also predicted Mathieu flopping

I think I almost puked. For those who don't know gasgas also had the privilege to excessively suggest Messi should be sold from his previous account, among several other strange suggestions.

Get off your fookin high horse

gasgas

Jeez. Look at what you post.

I think I almost puked. For those who don't know gasgas also had the privilege to excessively suggest Messi should be sold from his previous account, among several other strange suggestions.

Get off your fookin high horse

So basically you have never predicted how a transfer will turn out before.

High horse?
I don't see anywhere me holding my opinion higher than anybody else
I am just looking back at some flop signing predictions I made in the last transfer seasons.

I also wonder what that has to do with the messi suggestion way back in 2012/3 which actually was a me trolling luft IIRC

Atleast find something fresh and actually a transfer prediction.

If you think Cancelo will succeed here, that's your opinion and you're entitled to one

As for me I expect him to flop, not because he's a bad player but because he is exactly what we don't need

So go ahead and puke
Don't forget to rehydrate

If

khaled_a_d

Then don't buy Cancelo

While I believe Messi will eventually will be our AM,that won't happen with Iniesta good enough to start.
And that is why an attacking RB is wanted,while I am content with Roberto a RB who attacks like a prime Alves will fit perfectly in our attack, thing is no one in the market is a new Alves who can do this attacking and still be solid defensively

Home of Barca Fans