Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

Ok. Barca were better in La Liga, Madrid were better in CL and Copa.

Haha but Barca won the league by double digits... Real got demolished in CL by first decent team they met.

'Winning matters' only the argument of choice when applied eh!

Barca clearly were better than Real last season.

Only a Real Madrid simp tries to act otherwise... such as yourself.

serghei

Vinicius is injured. He's the best player in both teams combined. You take Vinicius out completely... not so sure they have a better squad. I agree.

JamDav1982

Nah beating Liverpool and Chelsea.. two teams who couldnt make top 4 in EPL.. and getting hammered by City is the real indicator of who is the best.

Xavi and the Barca lads can take the consilation prize of not being quite so good by winning league by double digits because the superior Real Madrid just didnt fancy it all that much.

JamDav1982

Vinicius is injured. He's the best player in both teams combined. You take Vinicius out completely... not so sure they have a better squad. I agree.

Haha so Real have best squad... until they have an injury then dont.

Somebody please explain what a squad is to this lad.

Fair chance Bellingham alredy their best player anyway.

Vini wasnt best of two squads combined in league last year.. utter nonsense. He vanished in the biggest games too often.

serghei

Here you go again. Bellingham has some things to prove, some key goals to score in CL end stage to prove he's their best player. Things Vinicius already did against the best teams consistently.

JamDav1982

Here you go again. Bellingham has some things to prove, some key goals to score in CL end stage to prove he's their best player. Things Vinicius already did against the best teams consistently.

Not the argument... indeed Bellingham would need to prove he is currently their best player.

But he can be now and that becomes clear as time goes by.

Your scenario makes it impossible for any new player to be a teams best which I dont agree with but yes needs to confirm it over time that the statement is correct that he may well be their best player already.

JamDav1982

That's more like it. He can or may be, but he's not.

No he can be their best player now.

Absolutely he can.

That claim would then be tested over time whether correct or not.

New players can be better than ones already there... basic stuff.

Nothing too taxing.

serghei

Absolutely he can.

That claim would then be tested over time whether correct or not.

New players can be better than ones already there... basic stuff.

Nothing too taxing.

Now as in a year from now? Because he can't smash any CL semifinalists until next year in may or so?

serghei

He can play better now, but to be a better player he has to outperform Vinicius in big CL games and end stretch of La Liga. 2nd part of the season carries huge importance.

I think we use better form for players who play better than others but aren't necessarily better. To be better than Vinicius Bellingham will have to be clutch in big moments like Vinicius was. Unless Vinicius declines and plays much worse than in previous seasons.

JamDav1982

He can play better now, but to be a better player he has to outperform Vinicius in big CL games and end stretch of La Liga. 2nd part of the season carries huge importance.

No i am saying I think he could well be their best player since has signed and going forward.

If Vini is better with both there he will show it. Could be.

Your argumen is Bellingham v past Vini which cant compare fairly. I am saying with both at club and now Bellingham could well be best player already.

Home of Barca Fans