Jonathan Dos Santos

Even with rotations i dont see him getting more than 5 games as a substitute.

Also, how bad of a sign is it that the press knows his decisions with such confidence (obviously coming from his camp) before he even confirmed it on twitter

He got more than 5 games last year with Thiago in the squad.

WTF are you talking about?

barca1899

He got more than 5 games last year with Thiago in the squad.

La Liga
7 minutes against Rayo Vallecano, 27.10.12
39 minutes against RCD Mallorca, 06.04.13
15 minutes against Real Valladolid, 19.05.13

Copa del Rey
16 minutes against Alavés, 30.10.12
67 minutes against Alavés, 28.11.12
40 minutes against FC Córdoba,10.01.13

He played a total of 184 minutes, 22 minutes were against teams that will play in La Liga this season. But he'll play for us,so... Vamos JdS! :flagvl8:

Stric

I'm kind of disappointed by this. There's no reason to be "angry" about it, since it's not as if we're losing anything (apart from his probably low wages), but I don't think this decision will do anyone any good. Sergi Roberto is rightfully ahead of him, so he won't get much playing time, and even when he does, it's not something to look forward to. He doesn't bring anything to the team and we have plenty of other players to fill in for that role if needed. But hey, it's his right to stay until his contract expires. I just hope he won't get offered an extension. Nothing personal, I just don't see the point of having him here.

Robert

Hey, remember when Dos Santos was supposed to be the next big thing? Seems decades ago, doesn't it?

Zuess99

I'm kind of disappointed by this. There's no reason to be "angry" about it, since it's not as if we're losing anything (apart from his probably low wages), but I don't think this decision will do anyone any good. Sergi Roberto is rightfully ahead of him, so he won't get much playing time, and even when he does, it's not something to look forward to. He doesn't bring anything to the team and we have plenty of other players to fill in for that role if needed. But hey, it's his right to stay until his contract expires. I just hope he won't get offered an extension. Nothing personal, I just don't see the point of having him here.
Give him a chance , just like we did nolito and jeffren. Then you can make your judgement.

caseballs89

Hey, remember when Dos Santos was supposed to be the next big thing? Seems decades ago, doesn't it?

I don't ever remember him being a "next big thing", as far as I remember everyone just thought he would be a good solid player for us.

F

Flavia

You guys are funny... Thiago leaves and he's not loyal nor thankful and a traitor that should be treated with extreme hatred and zeal, JDS stays and he's a burden that doesn't want to leave his comfort zone...

Yeah, I know he's not as good as Thiago, but it doesn't hurt to have him around, sooner or later he will have to take the real decision of staying or leaving but for now let him give it another shot... I agree he probably won't make it, but if he wants to keep trying, I don't see how that is a problem...

Haha, I posted something like this on thiago's thread some days ago :p

Jds should leave for his own good, but him staying won't be bad for Barça. It's just not good for his development.

barca1899

Official: Dos Santos has a thigh muscle overburdening and won't be able to play against Santos tonight #fcblive

F

Flavia

Jonathan Dos Santos: “Tata Martino says he has confidence in me”

David R. Jover
08/15/2013 18:13

The FC Barcelona midfielder expects that he'll have "to earn the minutes" he gets on the pitch this season

During this afternoon's press conference, Jonathan Dos Santos declared that his goal for this season is to have more playing time. The midfielder admitted that he came close to signing with Real Sociedad this summer but he chose to stay at FC Barcelona because of the confidence that Gerardo Tata Martino has shown him.

“I hope to have more minutes than I had last season, I want to show what kind of player I am. I expect to help the team as much as possible. The fact that Martino said that he wanted me to stay, that he has confidence in me, was key. I hope to have a better season than last year,” said Dos Santos.

A year gained

Despite not enjoying a lot of playing time in the 2012/13 season, Dos Santos considers that last year wasn’t wasted. “Ever since I was a child I’ve had the dream of playing for Barça and succeeding here. Sometimes there are times that aren’t that great, but it makes you mature as a player. It was a year gained, not lost. I hope to play more this season, but I don’t want anyone to give me anything, I have to earn my playing time,” said the midfielder.

Interior midfielder

Dos Santos is likely to be repositioned as an interior midfielder this season. “Tata sees me more as an interior player, a player who can attack and move the team. I can help the team when we go forward and also defensively,” said Dos Santos.

The great rival

When asked about Real Madrid, Dos Santos explained that the team managed by Carlo Ancelotti will be a great rival for the Catalan team. “We shouldn’t focus on Real Madrid. They have a great team and they’ve signed good players, but we have to focus on ourselves. I’m sure it will be another season of great rivalry.”

Home of Barca Fans