Jonathan Dos Santos

Trickykid

I really hope he does. I love this guy so much. Passion, just pure passion.

Passion? More like scared shitless to leave his comfort zone.
Anyhow, at least his perseverance needs to be applauded. I hope he does turn out to have a future here after all, even though it would be the surprise of the century.

P

PhilS

Barca has two of the very best DMs in the world on the roster. Neither should be overplayed, and no one else should ever get any minutes at this position.

Unfortunately, Masch has been busy with a different full-time job for the last couple years. So, Busquets has had to play way too much. The way to fix this is to acquire a CB who is so good that Masch can play CB just sometimes. Then Masch can fit in playing DM about 20 games a year.

Seeing the team play in pre-season this year, it is quite clear that neither Song nor JDS are good enough to play for this team. Song might just be in a slump right now, but he will never be a good a DM as Masch.

USWAY

We'll see where Tata wants to play Masch, but for now we have 6 Midfielders on the roster. If we want to press, and still be effective when the important matches in Spring roll around, we'll need all the help we can get to rotate. At least JDS knows how to play our game.

La Liga teams are selling, not buying. There's plenty of games that will be there for JDS to play in against weak squads. I'm very happy Tata understands this. Very differen't from Tito who wanted small squads, no rotation, and no pressing. That was a recipe for failure.

SoMa

Even with rotations i dont see him getting more than 5 games as a substitute.

@barcastuff 2 min
Mexican midfielder Jonathan dos Santos (23) will stay at Barcelona this season. The final decision has been made today. [fox sports]
Also, how bad of a sign is it that the press knows his decisions with such confidence (obviously coming from his camp) before he even confirmed it on twitter

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Barca has two of the very best DMs in the world on the roster.

When Mascherano was touted as one of the very best DMs in the world Fernando Torres was scoring the winning goal in the European Championship final against Germany and beating Real Madrid 4-0 with Liverpool. And even back then he wasn't more than a bulldog who harrassed people with flying tackles in the Premier League. People eventually need to come to terms with the fact that we don't want the least skillful player in the squad to be involved in our build-up play in midfield. Frankly, another useless Pep signing. Can't play in Barca's midfield. Is a mediocre makeshift centerback. Only reason he's not gone yet is because he talks well in the press room and is best buddies with Messi.

ceefoo

Tw Dos Santos: "I inform you with great joy that I will stay at Barça. I think my dream, triumphing at Barça, is closer than ever!" #fcblive

I can't help but cringe seeing this...
jennifer-lawrence-angry-gifs-notmcavoys.gif

:jds: :surrender:

KhaledBarca

Jonathan <3
The guy loves Barcelona and he wants to triumph here, this is the kind of players that we as Barca fans should support!
JDS at one point was as good as Thiago, but Pep and Tito didn't give him the chances he deserve. He played 25 official games with Barcelona including only 9 starts! Also, Pep was using him as a RB in some games!

Barcelona have 6 midfielders (7 with JDS)
Roberto can't play Xavi's role, JDS might not be gd enough now, but he has the talent and if Tata gives him enough chances (the confidence he needs); he might be the one who can rotate with Xavi (against small Liga opponents). Xavi is 33 and as we all already saw last season he can't play 55-60 games anymore (JDS is our only hope, since Thiago left).

raskolnikov

I agree that its more about not leaving his comfort zone than being ambitious to succeed at Barca.
When you think about it its obvious, if he was ambitious to succeed he would leave, improve and return if possible.
Don't mind having more depth in the team though, overall its just meh... his decision to be benched.

Richard.H

To be honest if I was a pro I would love to sit on Barca's bench rather to be sold to some club in England with crap weather

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
You guys are funny... Thiago leaves and he's not loyal nor thankful and a traitor that should be treated with extreme hatred and zeal, JDS stays and he's a burden that doesn't want to leave his comfort zone...

Yeah, I know he's not as good as Thiago, but it doesn't hurt to have him around, sooner or later he will have to take the real decision of staying or leaving but for now let him give it another shot... I agree he probably won't make it, but if he wants to keep trying, I don't see how that is a problem...

LM10

You guys are funny... Thiago leaves and he's not loyal nor thankful and a traitor that should be treated with extreme hatred and zeal, JDS stays and he's a burden that doesn't want to leave his comfort zone...

Yeah, I know he's not as good as Thiago, but it doesn't hurt to have him around, sooner or later he will have to take the real decision of staying or leaving but for now let him give it another shot... I agree he probably won't make it, but if he wants to keep trying, I don't see how that is a problem...

exactly. thiago didn't see himself beating out xavi or iniesta and didn't want to fight for his position. he is called a traitor, but JDS wants to fight for his place in the team and he is looked at differently. he might not be as good as thiago(they play different positions), but you have to give him some respect because he really loves barcelona. Plus, tata probably gave him a positive review.

Home of Barca Fans