Jordi Alba

P

PhilS

Great player!!! Awesome going forward and links up great with Iniesta and Pedro. Good defensively - fast and reads the game very well, that makes up for him being short/small. Two things that worries me is that he gets bullied of the ball by stronger players and sometimes bad passing. Another thing is, who will defend when both him and Alves are attacking and there's a counter attack? Could this mean we want to sell Alves? Hell no!

When I have seen him play, his height has not been a problem. His speed, particularly on defense, is remarkable. He gets back in position before the opponents can take advantage. His man marking seems fine. Abidal was like always having a third CB, who also covered LB no problem, and he had superb understanding of positioning. There is no way to replace that, but Alba is much, much more valuable offensively.

Like all players who come to Barca or return to Barca, his passing will need to improve. I look forward to seeing that improvement we have seen from all the other fine tranfers over the last few years.

Alves and Alba will need to learn to alternate ventures forward, and the other players will need to learn when to track back to cover when both fullbacks are rampaging. The attack force will constantly rotate.

I think the squad is now in good shape for next season. It would be a good idea to get another CB, but there would also be some real advantages of standing pat. There is a lot of talent now on the squad that will need playing time. When you have 3 CBs as good as Masch-Puyol-Pique, each needs at least 35 starts. Busquets-Bartra-Fontas can cover #4 CB, which is only really needed when there are injuries. I still think Busquets can be a very fine Barca CB, with Thiago at DM.

Barca can bank the rest of this year's transfer budget, for mid-year injury cover or for truly expensive talent in one year.

Sepuldinho

Great player!!! Awesome going forward and links up great with Iniesta and Pedro. Good defensively - fast and reads the game very well, that makes up for him being short/small. Two things that worries me is that he gets bullied of the ball by stronger players and sometimes bad passing. Another thing is, who will defend when both him and Alves are attacking and there's a counter attack? Could this mean we want to sell Alves? Hell no!

busi will drop back as usual. Busi-Pique-Puyol

PacoBJuarez

When I have seen him play, his height has not been a problem. His speed, particularly on defense, is remarkable. He gets back in position before the opponents can take advantage. His man marking seems fine. Abidal was like always having a third CB, who also covered LB no problem, and he had superb understanding of positioning. There is no way to replace that, but Alba is much, much more valuable offensively.

Like all players who come to Barca or return to Barca, his passing will need to improve. I look forward to seeing that improvement we have seen from all the other fine tranfers over the last few years.

Alves and Alba will need to learn to alternate ventures forward, and the other players will need to learn when to track back to cover when both fullbacks are rampaging. The attack force will constantly rotate.

I think the squad is now in good shape for next season. It would be a good idea to get another CB, but there would also be some real advantages of standing pat. There is a lot of talent now on the squad that will need playing time. When you have 3 CBs as good as Masch-Puyol-Pique, each needs at least 35 starts. Busquets-Bartra-Fontas can cover #4 CB, which is only really needed when there are injuries. I still think Busquets can be a very fine Barca CB, with Thiago at DM.

Barca can bank the rest of this year's transfer budget, for mid-year injury cover or for truly expensive talent in one year.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very pleased with Jordi's play in the Euros, should be a great addition.

pawanme10

He links up well with Iniesta and Pedrito. Welcome Jordi! Thinking about our left flank next season -> Alba, Iniesta, Pedro/Villa makes me droool. :barca scarf:

mixer

AwfD6EHCAAEGP8E.jpg

Pepe Silvia

as others have already pointed to there are weaknesses in alba's game. i do want to welcome him though, and knowing barca staff and family i know he'll be in good hands to learn and progress as a professional. welcome alba!

Home of Barca Fans