Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursegor

World Champion
That's just nitpicking. It's like claiming Einstein had nothing to do with quantum mechanics just because Heisenberg, Schrödinger, Born, Bohr and others laid the foundations.

Beast

The Observer
No it's not... if the truth hurt it's your issue not mine.. feel free to make him the father of all football i don't care but don't expect me to change history or agree with revisionism
Some people deserve to know the truth not some people version of it

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What is this nonesense? Cruyff and Rinus Michels are known as the founders of Total Football. Cruyff was not just a great footballer, but unlike Pele and Maradona he was also a great thinker about football. It's as if he were the lightbulb and Edison all at once. Back in 1965 Ajax were still a semi-professional outfit, but in January that year Michels arrived at the club with ambitions of turning Ajax into an top international club. He met a teenage waif who was equally as ambitious and in 6 years they had done it.

It was a game of rapid one-touch passing and players endlessly swapping positions in search of space. Cruyff could go where he liked, conducting the orchestra with constant improvisation. The world first noticed in 1966, when Ajax beat Liverpool 5-1 on a misty night. Cruyff and Michels were lucky of course, because by some demographic fluke half the young men in Amsterdam-East seemed to be world class footballers. Cruyff was the most orginal player, without him there would be no Total Football.

From "The Football men" :)

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Jack Reynolds? Lol! He was a pioneer, not THE pioneer of Total Football. Cruyff and Michels were just as important as him if not more in the creation of it. I don't know if your just trying to be a hipster and come off as knowledgable about the history of football by throwing out names of the the long dead pioneers who most fans don't know about to make yourself look clever but some of us arent gonna take that crap. I meet too many people like that in my line of work, they are the most annoying kind of football fan.

Now jog on.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Deco yeah lol, I memorised that whole book plus others for my University dissertation on the football pioneers. I'm surprised your the only one who seems to have read that book. It got me an A :worthy:

Beast

The Observer
Jack Reynolds? Lol! He was a pioneer, not THE pioneer of Total Football. Cruyff and Michels were just as important as him if not more in the creation of it. I don't know if your just trying to be a hipster and come off as knowledgable about the history of football by throwing out names of the the long dead pioneers who most fans don't know about to make yourself look clever but some of us arent gonna take that crap. I meet too many people like that in my line of work, they are the most annoying kind of football fan.

Now jog on.

Educate yourself kido ...come back when you learn something to debate with ..I had enough embarrassing kids who know nothing about football

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Viggo Mortensen : I would like him to be educated, not going to the locker room while playing to spite others, and not sticking his finger in peoples' eyes.

"It is cowardly to make that offensive gesture towards Tito Vilanova, a polite guy, and not towards Simeone, who would have kicked his a**e.

:lol:

Beast

The Observer
Well both Tito & Jose had a nice coffee together in UEFA coaches meeting yesterday... i think things are way calmer this season between both outfits

hellsangel1

Viggo Mortensen : I would like him to be educated, not going to the locker room while playing to spite others, and not sticking his finger in peoples' eyes.

"It is cowardly to make that offensive gesture towards Tito Vilanova, a polite guy, and not towards Simeone, who would have kicked his a**e.

I always liked Mortensen. Btw where did he say that???? Does he have a twitter account or something???

M

mitkoa7x

Strider :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans