Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

poncirus

Supposedly "great tactician" got exposed again last night when Villareal with flexible 4-4-2 ran rings around Real's midfield like against a schoolboy team. They could finish them off with more desire and urgency, but then tiredness set in in the 2nd half and Real's individual quality prevailed. In the 2nd half Mourinho came with very risky and unbalanced formation that would have been destroyed vs team with fresher legs, and even Villareal squandered some good counters and forced last ditch tackles.

Man is a very good coach and probably the best motivator in football. As a tactician he is average: unimaginative and conservative.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Supposedly "great tactician" got exposed again last night when Villareal with flexible 4-4-2 ran rings around Real's midfield like against a schoolboy team. They could finish them off with more desire and urgency, but then tiredness set in in the 2nd half and Real's individual quality prevailed. In the 2nd half Mourinho came with very risky and unbalanced formation that would have been destroyed vs team with fresher legs, and even Villareal squandered some good counters and forced last ditch tackles.

Man is a very good coach and probably the best motivator in football. As a tactician he is average: unimaginative and conservative.

I wouldn't agree with that: he changed some things at half-time yesterday, and those changes eventually won Real the game. He's a great coach, both tactically and in terms of motivational ability. He's just an arrogant prick at times, but that doesn't take away his quality as a coach.

Beast

The Observer

So changing the tactics and throwing a 3 man defense formation to get a win and totally dominating Villarreal in the second half doesn't make him a great manager but an exposed one !?

Again :

where do they find you people ??

I wouldn't agree with that: he changed some things at half-time yesterday, and those changes eventually won Real the game. He's a great coach, both tactically and in terms of motivational ability. He's just an arrogant prick at times, but that doesn't take away his quality as a coach.

+1
Thank you

poncirus

So changing the tactics and throwing a 3 man defense formation to get a win and totally dominating Villarreal in the second half doesn't make him a great manager but an exposed one !?
Real would win that game no matter how they set up for 2nd half. Villareal were exhausted, couldn't run, press or retain the ball. Real attacked in numbers and won because they had more power and quality.

Tactically it was a mess in the 2nd half again. Ramos is just useless as CB and putting him on the left doesn't help at all, and Khedira is good box to box runner not really positionally aware to play at the back. Villareal was dead but even then had opportunities. If a competent team were in their place, you would get trashed.

I never saw Mourinho set up any kind of expansive or adventureous formation against any decent side. It is always the same grinding, tactically simplicistic approach which is frequently used in today's football. Oh yes, he tried against Barca recently.

He is great at what he does. But there are people who can coach their teams in a way he can't (although I suspect Mourinho fanboys think he can do everything better). And I personally appreciate that way more than Mourinho's.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Real would win that game no matter how they set up for 2nd half. Villareal were exhausted, couldn't run, press or retain the ball. Real attacked in numbers and won because they had more power and quality.

Tactically it was a mess in the 2nd half again. Ramos is just useless as CB and putting him on the left doesn't help at all, and Khedira is good box to box runner not really positionally aware to play at the back. Villareal was dead but even then had opportunities. If a competent team were in their place, you would get trashed.

I never saw Mourinho set up any kind of expansive or adventureous formation against any decent side. It is always the same grinding, tactically simplicistic approach which is frequently used in today's football. Oh yes, he tried against Barca recently.

He is great at what he does. But there are people who can coach their teams in a way he can't (although I suspect Mourinho fanboys think he can do everything better). And I personally appreciate that way more than Mourinho's.

Mourinho often manages to turn games his way, and that's because he's a tactically strong coach. You have to acknowledge that. If they turn the game around against weaker teams, you could argue that this is so because of Mourinho's motivational abilities, as they should win in the first place. However, against better sides, or similar sides in terms of quality, motivational abilities won't be enough to win the game. The fact he often manages to turn things his way against strong sides proves his tactical vision. I mean, he's usually brilliant at adapting his shape to the opposition. That's one of the reasons why Inter won the CL last season: they knew how to benefit from the weak points of the opposition.The only time he really failed to adapt his shape correctly, for as far as I can remember, was in the previous Clásico, but this was an exception imo.

Beast

The Observer

2 CL with two different teams (not CL elite ) and 17 different awards in a span of 7 years and he is a bad manager ...and tactically not good

please proceed

poncirus

Calm down, I never said he is a bad manager. He is fucking top, results and performances of his teams say it all. I just disagree he is a tactical genius, I didn't say he is tactically incompetent. There are people who can coach their teams to play flexible and free flowing football the way he can't, and Garrido showed it last night (only in the first half though). I'd say his arrogance got exposed most of all because Real players obviously weren't prepared for Villareal running rings around them.

Problem with you Mourinho fanboys is that you think he is perfect coach who does everything better than every other man in the job, so you go crazy on any sign of criticism. ;)

El Gato

Villarato!
tactically genius he is not, but a good tactician he is

No, he's not a genius at all. It's a coincidence that he got a capable team which lost to MU in 2009, bought 2-3 players which resulted in it stopping Barcelona and Messi in their absolute prime. You're right. It doesn't take too much to stop Barcelona, you just park the bus at Camp Nou and hope for the best. Oh wait... every La Liga team does that and many in the Champions League too... but with what result ?

ricknattery

I'm sorry but if mourinho is known for something, besides his douchbagery, is because of his tactical strenght. He has won games with tactical changes during matches and that's what he did yesterday

jamrock

No, he's not a genius at all. It's a coincidence that he got a capable team which lost to MU in 2009, bought 2-3 players which resulted in it stopping Barcelona and Messi in their absolute prime. You're right. It doesn't take too much to stop Barcelona, you just park the bus at Camp Nou and hope for the best. Oh wait... every La Liga team does that and many in the Champions League too... but with what result ?

i genuinely can not be bothered, so poorly thought out.

if only every coach that managed to be barca were geniuses

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
foto_457919_CAS.jpg

We introduce the toy who has succeed in the media cave.

The crybaby toy.

'The referees support Barça'
'Valdano is a bad guy'
'I want a striker'

And if you show him a hand he sits on the bench.

Quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans