Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
:lol: He also had his father pay for a tutor to teach him programming which makes him fortunate. Kind of like Mourinho with Abrahimovic. So bad example.

But if there is anything to salvage from this not so perfect example is that he is still considered a genius for an innovation, not in invention.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Facebook wasn't innovative either, social networking sites were around before Zuckerburg came along..Friendster and more importantly Myspace was already pretty mainstream by the time Facebook was invented. Facebook hit the formula better than the alternatives, but once again it was a matter of being at the right place at the right time more than anything revolutionary.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
So it is an innovation. Social Networks were an online invention and facebook is an innovation of that.

ricknattery

Well Jamrock opinion of a coaching genius is those who changed the tactical book and if you apply that criteria than Jose is not a genius and he is right
however if you apply what i (and probably most people ) would describe as a genius than he sure is (and that's probably one of few /rare/only times me & Rick would agree on something )

hey, it wasn't easy to give mourinho a praise :D

but the man deserves all the credit if we talk purely about his football knowledge

jamrock

Sorry, I did not mean to say that you compared him to Pep. I was responding in general.

I never used the word genius anywhere in my post with regards to Mourinho. So I am not watering down the term because like you said it is unclear what he has pioneered, if anything at all. However, what I am saying is that this is similar to PhD students whose thesis earns them a noble prize thirty years down the road when it is truly reflected back on and when its effect reshape the world.

Maybe he did not reinvent the wheel but he is definitely an innovator. Let me ask you this, do you consider Mark Zuckerburg a genius or not?

Zuckerburg's case in a bit more complicated, on one had he didn't event the wheel. but it took some serious smarts to write all the progammes involved in the early days of facebook, though he didn't do it by himself, nor did he conceptualize that idea if rumors are to be believed.

but he is the founder of something that has somewhat revolutionized how people communicate with each other in our time and going forward, so i can't help but look at him as a prodigy for that.

J

Jordzibob

As the comments above said, Zuckerburg DID NOT invent social networking. He just made a very good version of it which is hugely popular and has therefore become the largest site. It will probably be replaced by a better rival at some point. Facebook was crap when it started. Piczo, albeit extremely tacky :D I of course had two, was founded before Facebook, as was Netlog. Hell there are loads that were.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I guess I do not know what the meaning of innovation then. Innovation from what I understood was to take an already made idea and transform it. That is what Zuckerberg did.

When the media was a means for advertisement and promote oneself, Mourinho manipulated media in a whole new way, absorbed all its backlash. And when coaches used the media to trash a player (a la Capello and SAF), Mourinho protects all his players in the media. When Herrera introduced psychology into football with his positive mentality Mourinho used it in a negative way. The us vs the world created siege mentality that was never existant, as far as I knew. He reversed a lot of things off the football pitch which is remarkable because it is his personality that makes it work, his whole scheme of running a club. A club hopper yes, but a lovable one (as long as he wins things at Madrid :)).

On the pitch it is not that he invented new lines, new formations, I don't think the world is ready for another scheme, the games are not stagnant and the talent is there. In think in a decade or so we will witness something new in football, especially that athleticism is now an issue.

Maybe he is not a genius because he did not invent something new to the modern game but there are games where he displayed moments of coaching brilliance that are really over shadowed. I will provide an explanation but I know I did write a piece about him, i am just not sure where to find it. Either Inter Milan vs Barcelona thread which I cannot find or in this thread. I will look for it, and if I don't find it then I will rewrite it.

Then again, fuck tactics when you have the magic touch:

Satellite

Who needs tactics when your players will play like super humans for a touch like that?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maicon on Mourinho winning the coach of the year:

ZURICH – “I also thought that this year the Ballon d’Or would have gone to Xavi or Iniesta, but Messi deserves it: he’s the right choice, we all know he’s a great player”. Speaking to Sky Sport, Maicon, voted amongst the best defenders in the FIFA FIFPro World XI, gave his verdict on the winner of the Ballon d’Or 2010 and more.

The prize for best coach went to José Mourinho and the Nerazzurri full-back confessed that: “The last time I saw him as emotional as this evening was on the last 22 May, after winning the Champions League with Inter, but it was great to see again him today. We gave each other a hug and wished each other good luck.”

Guess who got retapped?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Same way the manager of team who won all trophies and have 1st, 2nd and 3rd player of the year lost to HERCULES @ home through DRENTHE ;)

:p

well that would hold true if hercules were higher than us in the league........for a team like madrid who have high aspirations to get abused 5-0 in any game is pretty pathetic on the coaching....sure maybe u cant score but being defensively tactically aware is the coaches fault

Hatem Ben Arfa

Mourinho shows he lack class yet again. Running in front of the Villareal bench to celebrate is absolutely done to wind them up. He says he was celebrating with his son who is behind Villareal bench, maybe his son does sit there, but Mourinho knew exactly what he was doing in my opinion, and that was trying to annoy Villareal bench. He has previous, Camp Nou, and even Old Trafford! I'm surprised no one punched him in the face. Cani should have had better aim.

poncirus

That's what I'm talking about. His motivation and man management abilities are top notch. That makes him arguably the best in the job. He has also shown consistently that he can change the game with proactive tactical changes, but that's something all good coaches do.

But he is tactically very conservative and reactive, someone will say negative. And it is frustrating when media and deluded fanboys fail to acknowlege there are coaches that are better than him in department of tactical competence (not inovation, it's not science ffs), coaches that are capable to experiment and try to add someting new, exciting and diverse to the game (Aguirre, Bielsa, Guardiola, Wenger...).

He is certainly tactically competent, but there are people who have shown they are capable to coach and set up their teams in more imaginative and exciting ways. The way Inter played against Barca last year is basically the same Hercules or Mallorca have done this year, only difference is Inter has done it on bigger stage, but with far better players.

Beast

The Observer
That's what I'm talking about. His motivation and man management abilities are top notch. That makes him arguably the best in the job. He has also shown consistently that he can change the game with proactive tactical changes, but that's something all good coaches do.

But he is tactically very conservative and reactive, someone will say negative. And it is frustrating when media and deluded fanboys fail to acknowlege there are coaches that are better than him in department of tactical competence (not inovation, it's not science ffs), coaches that are capable to experiment and try to add someting new, exciting and diverse to the game (Aguirre, Bielsa, Guardiola, Wenger...).

He is certainly tactically competent, but there are people who have shown they are capable to coach and set up their teams in more imaginative and exciting ways. The way Inter played against Barca last year is basically the same Hercules or Mallorca have done this year, only difference is Inter has done it on bigger stage, but with far better players.

Aguirre ? Javier Aguirre ? And Marcelo Bielsa? and Wenger ?

Can we add Graeme Souness,Raymond Domenech and Kevin Keegan ? this can't be a perfect list without them ..

Guardiola > Mourinho
in tactical or any other way

Will be once he move from Barcelona and see how he react with building a new team without the best players in the world to coach ..
At the moment he is great and awesome but i'd love to see him either go beyond the current generation (ala SAF ) and maintain the same consistency or coach a different team and make them great before making such a bold declaration .. considering the two history in the game (management wise )

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us

But he is tactically very conservative and reactive, someone will say negative. And it is frustrating when media and deluded fanboys fail to acknowlege there are coaches that are better than him in department of tactical competence (not inovation, it's not science ffs), coaches that are capable to experiment and try to add someting new, exciting and diverse to the game (Aguirre, Bielsa, Guardiola, Wenger...)

lol. this is possibly one of the top 10 stupid arguments that i have seen someone present on this forum.

and we have dalitis8, davidlb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans