Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricknattery

Eventhough Madrid's trailing more points than at the same stage of last season, I think Mourinho has 1 point more than Pellegrini had. Plus, Copa and CL are still open and Manu failed there miserably so it is an improvement for Madrid.

Mou has more points than Pellegrini at this point but this season Madrid still has to play at the most dificult fields: San Mames, Pizjuan, Mestalla, Madrigal,...
Madrid won't reach 96 points this season

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Mou has more points than Pellegrini at this point but this season Madrid still has to play at the most dificult fields: San Mames, Pizjuan, Mestalla, Madrigal,...
Madrid won't reach 96 points this season
I'm starting to think Pellegrini's tactics were more effective then Mou on el clasico (camp nou leg). Maybe...

ricknattery

I have no doubt madrid would be playing a lot better this season with Pellegrini. I mean the man didn't even had the squad he asked for. He wanted Sneijder and Robben to stay, but Florentino sold them. Mourinho now has Ozil, Di Maria, Carvalho, Khedira, Leon, Canales, Adebayor and we still have no clue what is the style Mourinho wants for RM. Also consider that Pellegrini was respectful with everyone

Ocurrente

Their still gonna finish trophyless though.
yes please, I want mourinho out of La Liga

"These players are men and in other teams there are men who play every three days. A man is a creature of habit so a footballer is a creature of habit, so next year they will have the habit of playing more," said Mourinho.
lol i thought Pep was the philosopher.

Moe

powered by;
Eventhough Madrid's trailing more points than at the same stage of last season, I think Mourinho has 1 point more than Pellegrini had. Plus, Copa and CL are still open and Manu failed there miserably so it is an improvement for Madrid.
what ricknattery said is true. Madrid had much tougher fixtures last year at this point than now. also don't forget that the Copa was never a property for Madrid. in the CL both Mourinho and Pellegrini have the same path, they both got first in their respective groups ahead of Milan and they both faced/will face Lyon. for me the main point here is that last years Madrid wasn't as good as this years yet they gave us much, much harder time in el clasico, and let's be honest winning el clasico is 30-40% winning the league.

El Gato

Villarato!
APPARENTLY Perez has denied Valdano's request of dismissal. Don't know if it's true or not, but it could be a part of the explanations for the latest tensions behind the scenes. It depends how and if certain events are related to each other or not.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
On the verge of ending Madrid's 18 year Copa del Rey drought, legend. :worthy:

Probably his finest achievement since winning the CL with Porto.

ricknattery

APPARENTLY Perez has denied Valdano's request of dismissal. Don't know if it's true or not, but it could be a part of the explanations for the latest tensions behind the scenes. It depends how and if certain events are related to each other or not.

Not apparently, he did say that right after the end of the game

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he really is a miracle-worker, this guy.

how he managed to make two Real Madrid/Sevilla games, in a cup semi-final at that, boring as all shit I'll never know or fathom.

an astounding achievement.

Birdy

what ricknattery said is true. Madrid had much tougher fixtures last year at this point than now. also don't forget that the Copa was never a property for Madrid. in the CL both Mourinho and Pellegrini have the same path, they both got first in their respective groups ahead of Milan and they both faced/will face Lyon. for me the main point here is that last years Madrid wasn't as good as this years yet they gave us much, much harder time in el clasico, and let's be honest winning el clasico is 30-40% winning the league.

The thing is, in essence to me, crystal clear and it has to do absolutely with tactics and only that..
Pellegrini's attacking flair style of football, which he exhibited in villareal, is suiting madrid's all-time style and their fans expectations about football..
On the contrary Murinho, may be a master tactician, but the tactics he employs are 1000% defensive, or lets say better "have your back fully covered, and we see what happens upfront". This was perfectly exempified last season in camp Nou and the ultra-defensive positioning of inter on the pitch. Murinho at the post-match conference went on to make an astonishing statement, which sums up some of his views about football: "We didn’t want the ball because we lose our position – I never want to lose position on the pitch so I didn’t want us to have the ball. We gave it away".
Murinho's 'sitting back deep and tight' neccessity was not a problem and was applied with great success in porto (which is a club easily drifted towards whoever is the coach), chelsea (who had not seen a league title for so many years before murinho) and Inter( same case + italian all time defensive style). Given that he had great attackers upfront and his ability he created leathal counter-attacking sides, but able to win weak opponents with just attacking... But i am doubtfull whether this can be applied to MAdrid..
CApello proved efficient with boring,defensive football 3 years ago and yet he was sucked.. Perez has the same mentalite as the average fan of the club, and wants attacking football.
This leaves many question about pellegrini's dismissal and murinho's appointment in the first place and may be leaving murinho himself with questions..
How else could you explain the fact that he denied himslef and gave the game to barcelona with his ludicrous decision to play with such a high defensive line in camp nou ? The man is maybe bothering himself about how is he going to shape madrid..

What we have seen for madrid this year is high line positioning and quick counter-attacking football.
Pellegrini, employed a more dominating type of football (which was devastating in LA Liga, but prone to cohesive quick sides like Lyon), and IMO had he stayed this year woulb have been much harder for us..
Madrid will definetely not reach 96 points.. They may eliminate Lyon though and go up to a CL semi-final as this style is more efficient in home-away games..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans