Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
What Eddie said and Meta said a long time ago.. he likes big strikers .. but there is a world of difference between a lamp post like Barndoor and someone like Drogba

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
What Eddie said and Meta said a long time ago.. he likes big strikers .. but there is a world of difference between a lamp post like Barndoor and someone like Drogba

yeah, but Perez wouldn't give him the money to sign someone, forcing him to get the lamp post in on loan.

Beast

The Observer
Yes Meta but to be used as a stand in if Benzema got injured not to bench both Higuain and Benzema and after the last game

Guardian

I full agree on that and i'll add both Pep discovery as a DM and Marcelo imperial form and improvement this season + Benzema form ..
in terms of progress being in the top 4 CL is a big improvement on a stage that several high profile managers failed to achieve before plus the Copa taking over Seville,Atletico Madrid and Barca to win it
theatrics aside i think he did very well for his first season on all levels

I fully disagree with you and Bojan. Ozil was one of best players in Bundesliga last season, nominated for player of the year and lost it only to Robben. werder finished third last season and Ozil had the most assists in the Bundesliga. Look at Werder now without Ozil.

Sami Khedira was one of the best players too, Stuttgart won the league with him, finished 3d and 6th in the last two seasons, look at where they are now.

Mourinho had 93 Million euro to spend, and that only after the season when Madrid paid 94M for Ronaldo, 70 for Kaka, 35 for Alonso, 35 for Benzema etc. He couldn't wish for more or better conditions, what do you expect? another 300M for transfers? 2 Billions? How much?

And with a team which value is almost half a billion he made them to look like Stoke City or Greece at Euro 2004.

I don't see much improvement at Real. People make his CL results look as it is a great achievement. Seriously? He defeated Lyon, who are way worse than they were before, and Tottenham! Every manager can do that with players like Ronaldo, Xabi, Casillas, Higuain, Ozil, Di Maria and etc. Big deal. He won the Copa, yes. But he also was humiliated at Camp Nou. Lost to Barcelona and eveen to Gijon at Bernabeu. Can't remember when was the last time when Real played such ugly and criminal football.
Mourinho is a great manager, but you give him credit as he is God or something. He has the most expensive team in world football, with the highest paid stars. What do you expect? Finishing third in the league and losing to weakest Lyon in years ?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
man let them have their false god.....getting beaten by us is killing them so they cling to anything slightly positive and magnetize is to make it look like a huge success....believe me i know around a bunch of maple loser fans all my life

Beast

The Observer
I fully disagree with you and Bojan. Ozil was one of best players in Bundesliga last season, nominated for player of the year and lost it only to Robben. werder finished third last season and Ozil had the most assists in the Bundesliga. Look at Werder now without Ozil.

Sami Khedira was one of the best players too, Stuttgart won the league with him, finished 3d and 6th in the last two seasons, look at where they are now.

Mourinho had 93 Million euro to spend, and that only after the season when Madrid paid 94M for Ronaldo, 70 for Kaka, 35 for Alonso, 35 for Benzema etc. He couldn't wish for more or better conditions, what do you expect? another 300M for transfers? 2 Billions? How much?

And with a team which value is almost half a billion he made them to look like Stoke City or Greece at Euro 2004.

I don't see much improvement at Real. People make his CL results look as it is a great achievement. Seriously? He defeated Lyon, who are way worse than they were before, and Tottenham! Every manager can do that with players like Ronaldo, Xabi, Casillas, Higuain, Ozil, Di Maria and etc. Big deal. He won the Copa, yes. But he also was humiliated at Camp Nou. Lost to Barcelona and eveen to Gijon at Bernabeu. Can't remember when was the last time when Real played such ugly and criminal football.
Mourinho is a great manager, but you give him credit as he is God or something. He has the most expensive team in world football, with the highest paid stars. What do you expect? Finishing third in the league and losing to weakest Lyon in years ?

Nope Danny you have so many things wrong, Ozil was very inconsistent with very long dip in form (look for our resident German pundit El Tren on his opinion on Ozil upon the news of the signing ) 18 assists and 11 goals says it all about his form this season ..Khedira is not the reason for Stuttgart problems it's a managerial problem
Lyon are a lot better than last year as well with the addition of Gourcuff & Briand , like wise Spurs who managed to come on top with a group of Inter , Werder and Twente than Milan
In his first year he done a lot better than the likes of Pellegrini and Capello (Europe and copa only not liga)
look @ Alonso form last year and this year.. Benzema.. he lost the team top striker for 5 month...

man let them have their false god.....getting beaten by us is killing them so they cling to anything slightly positive and magnetize is to make it look like a huge success....believe me i know around a bunch of maple loser fans all my life

Cause you never been around fans in the first place ballerina girl

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
José's largely done a good job imo, there's certainly enough to build on for next season and challenge on all three fronts.

Hopefully Zubi and Sandro have learnt from this season and go into next season with a bigger squad to make it four in a row.

Guardian

Nope Danny you have so many things wrong, Ozil was very inconsistent with very long dip in form (look for our resident German pundit El Tren on his opinion on Ozil upon the news of the signing ) 18 assists and 11 goals says it all about his form this season ..Khedira is not the reason for Stuttgart problems it's a managerial problem
Lyon are a lot better than last year as well with the addition of Gourcuff & Briand , like wise Spurs who managed to come on top with a group of Inter , Werder and Twente than Milan
In his first year he done a lot better than the likes of Pellegrini and Capello (Europe and copa only not liga)
look @ Alonso form last year and this year.. Benzema.. he lost the team top striker for 5 month...

Ozil had 21 assists in 44 games with Werder Bremen, netting 9 goals, in comparison to 18 in 47 games for Real. And how on Earth he'd be nominated for player of the year if he was inconsistent? He earned Werder a cL spot as well as he was one of best players in the WC.

And what managerial crisis at Stuttgart? Even with Babel and Gross they still managed to finish in top 6, without Khedira now they are in a relegation battle. Khedira was instrumental for Stuttgart.

Benzema is the type of players who need at least season in foreign league, this was his first move abroad.

Gourkuff has been in poor form for a while, and even in weakest French league in the last 7-8 years, Lyon are third, where the leaders are Lille who can't beat the shitty Levski without referee's help. I watched them in Sofia few months ago.

Italian teams are crap right now, they shouldn't be used as a barometer. Napoli couldn't beat Liverpool Reserves in their shittiest form and they are second/third in Seria A. Not to mention Inters humiliation to schalke.

And it sounds very pale, Mourinho has got the most expensive team in the history and still can lose 5:0 at Nou Camp and win shit at all. And make Madrid look like Greek NT. Very impressive.

Last edited:

Snake

:)

sir%2Bbobby%2Brobson%2Bbarcelona%2Bmourinho.jpg

Beast

The Observer
Danny don't Wiki man.. Ozil played a total of 34 games last year with 14 assists
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-ozil?cc=3888

As for Stuttgart it's not a Khedira issue more than a bad transfer issues , wasting time and money on the likes of Camoranesi and Basturk plus Labbadia who took over last December
Italians teams are crap but not that crap if u consider Spurs very crap ...
Gourcuff started off bad after his move but improved later on and Lille has some great talents , takes nothing from Lyon that L'OM and Lille are ahead of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans