Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian

Danny don't Wiki man.. Ozil played a total of 34 games last year with 14 assists
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-ozil?cc=3888

As for Stuttgart it's not a Khedira issue more than a bad transfer issues , wasting time and money on the likes of Camoranesi and Basturk plus Labbadia who took over last December
Italians teams are crap but not that crap if u consider Spurs very crap ...
Gourcuff started off bad after his move but improved later on and Lille has some great talents , takes nothing from Lyon that L'OM and Lille are ahead of them

the last place I'd check is soccernet, what a dumb site. By the way 14 assists and 9 goals is still better than 10 assists and 6 goals in 31 games for Real M (I'm quoting your soccernet stats). According to a german site Ozil had 16 assists for Werder last season. It's a fact that he was wanted by United, Barcelona and he was one of 3 best players in Bundesliga as well as one of the best players in WC. Same with Khedira. They were two of most wanted players in Europe, it's not like you bought two unknown players.

Well, you don't expect Spurs with 10 men to beat Real at Bernabeu, do you? The most expensive team in the world defeated the mighty 10-men Spurs who are 5th in England. Great job, Jose.

Lille are mediocre, and Lyon are not better this season. Lyon are a good team, but this season they were crap. French league is poor in general this season. Next could be better.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
How is Soccernet a dumb site? :lol: It's great for stats, even if they differ slightly on assists to the Premier League official site (for example).

ricknattery

Madrid playing like a segunda team against the archirival, that's surely an improvement

and Beast are you seriously expecting to dispute Barca's possesion in the middle and play better football having mourinho as a coach?
What kind of football has he displayed everytime he has faced Barcelona? does he know how to beat a big team taking the lead in the game and not defending with 7 men at least?

Beast

The Observer
the last place I'd check is soccernet, what a dumb site. By the way 14 assists and 9 goals is still better than 10 assists and 6 goals in 31 games for Real M (I'm quoting your soccernet stats). According to a german site Ozil had 16 assists for Werder last season. It's a fact that he was wanted by United, Barcelona and he was one of 3 best players in Bundesliga as well as one of the best players in WC. Same with Khedira. They were two of most wanted players in Europe, it's not like you bought two unknown players.

Well, you don't expect Spurs with 10 men to beat Real at Bernabeu, do you? The most expensive team in the world defeated the mighty 10-men Spurs who are 5th in England. Great job, Jose.

Lille are mediocre, and Lyon are not better this season. Lyon are a good team, but this season they were crap. French league is poor in general this season. Next could be better.

Actually his total stats are 47 games , 10 goal and 18 assists , considering the competition and in his first season he did a great job and i'd say better than expected and his figures in Europa league and the German cup
Spurs were 4th last year and one of the great teams with their results in this year CL , using the 10 men is like Jose using the 10 men excuse
Lyon are not crap but the French league is turning to the German league with it's unpredictability with 6 games to go the title can go either way , they are constant last 16 side and last season semi-finalist with a worst squad than this year Danny

Madrid playing like a segunda team against the archirival, that's surely an improvement

and Beast are you seriously expecting to dispute Barca's possesion in the middle and play better football having mourinho as a coach?
What kind of football has he displayed everytime he has faced Barcelona? does he know how to beat a big team taking the lead in the game and not defending with 7 men at least?

He had an open approach in the Camp Nou and it backfired as u remember , i think it's fair that he tried a different approach and made a considerable success in two consecutive games
Jose is a manager who's curve usually improve so i think with a good CM he can improve the team .. remember it's his first season as well in la liga and he got a 5 game series with Barca where other managers had to face u twice... including 2 CL ties and a copa final .. u know it could have been different if we met in a one off in the final and i personally believe if the draw throw us any other team but Barca (including United ) our chances to be in Wembley would be a lot higher
it's not easy Rick he did quite well taking all points in consideration

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: @ Mourinho making Ozil better

Stats wise he'd been far more superior last year. 9 Goals & 24 direct assists. Not to mention his WC heroics. Compare it to his stats at Madrid being 11 goals & 19 assists!
I know stats isn't the exact measure for the talents/performances of a player but come on man he is now in a far more free-scoring team. If any thing his stats should get better!!

I'd give credit to Mourinho for improving Marcelo, di Maria and to some extent in case of Benzema but never for Ozil.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Stats wise he'd been far more superior last year. 9 Goals & 24 direct assists. Not to mention his WC heroics. Compare it to his stats at Madrid being 11 goals & 19 assists!
I know stats isn't the exact measure for the talents/performances of a player but come on man he is now in a far more free-scoring team. If any thing his stats should get better!!

I'd give credit to Mourinho for improving Marcelo, di Maria and to some extent in case of Benzema but never for Ozil.

Exactly. Mourinho has improved a lot of his players (Marcelo most notably) but Ozil has not been a revelation by any means.

Beast

The Observer

Exactly. Mourinho has improved a lot of his players (Marcelo most notably) but Ozil has not been a revelation by any means.

you are both right i apologize who can i compare Milan,Spurs,Ajax,Lyon,Auxerre ..etc with the might of Akotbe Lento , Nacional De Medira ,Austria Vienna ,Bilbao and Valencia
or the difference between the lesser liga to the no 1 Bundesliga .. sure no improvement at all
(i like the German league don't get me wrong )
Ozil is better indeed than last year whether u want to admit or not he is better cause he is providing the same service in a different culture , language barrier and a far better competitions in all fronts

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you are both right i apologize who can i compare Milan,Spurs,Ajax,Lyon,Auxerre ..etc with the might of Akotbe Lento , Nacional De Medira ,Austria Vienna ,Bilbao and Valencia
or the difference between the lesser liga to the no 1 Bundesliga .. sure no improvement at all
(i like the German league don't get me wrong )
Ozil is better indeed than last year whether u want to admit or not he is better cause he is providing the same service in a different culture , language barrier and a far better competitions in all fronts

Yeah mock the oppositions he faced in BundesLiga but conveniently ignore the teammates with whom he played them! Also the WC must have helped him a lot in developing. Even Messi got some thing to improve after WC!! Also the maturity & coming of age factors are always there.

Not saying he didn't do well this season, adjusting to the new surroundings and culture takes a lot... But giving all the credit to Mourinho is foolish man. Give him the credit where it's due but don't picture that every damn positive thing happened is all down to Mourinho, it's not!!

Birdy

Whoever takes seriously what Jose says, is stupid..

look what he said for tottenham in 2004:
"
At the same stage of the tournament in 2005, Chelsea were knocked out by Liverpool. After the game, their coach moaned: "The best team lost. After they scored only one team played, the other one just defended for the whole game".

Two years earlier when the same side was defeated by Spurs, their coach introduced the English to a new concept: "As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal," he complained. "I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid 50 pounds to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it's not fair for the football we played."

That coach's name? Jose Mourinho.
"
source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/blog/2010/04/jose-mourino-a-genius-or-scrooge.html

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Whoever takes seriously what Jose says, is stupid..

look what he said for tottenham in 2004:
"
At the same stage of the tournament in 2005, Chelsea were knocked out by Liverpool. After the game, their coach moaned: "The best team lost. After they scored only one team played, the other one just defended for the whole game".

Two years earlier when the same side was defeated by Spurs, their coach introduced the English to a new concept: "As we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal," he complained. "I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid 50 pounds to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it's not fair for the football we played."

That coach's name? Jose Mourinho.
"
source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/fifaworldcup/blog/2010/04/jose-mourino-a-genius-or-scrooge.html

That second one is just too much :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans