Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How about Zuniga though? We could get him. This way, Montoya's chances aren't absolutely destroyed either.

He is very attacking as well, I'd love to see us getting a defensive minded full back who has potential to do v well going forward as well if we are to get someone(proud De Sciglio fanboy here lol). We were actually linked to Zuñiga a lot, but those rumours died down after a while.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He is very attacking as well, I'd love to see us getting a defensive minded full back who has potential to do v well going forward as well if we are to get someone(proud De Sciglio fanboy here lol). We were actually linked to Zuñiga a lot, but those rumours died down after a while.

Danilo da Silva would be my choice. But dealing with Porto with :zubi: on the job? I don't see it man. :(

L

linetty

Zuniga is a headless chicken, even worse than Alves at the moment if you ask me.

Tomchin

Hmmmm, just thought about it, Alves' contract expires next summer and in all likelihood we'll be hit by the transfer-ban during that summer. So it's now or never for the RB-reinforcement.

I'm getting more and more excited about the possibility of signing Cuadrado, maybe Lucho has a change of formation in mind where Cuadrado's defensive skills wouldn't be really needed? Or maybe he really wants to sign him as a winger?

ebieymjunior

Hmmmm, just thought about it, Alves' contract expires next summer and in all likelihood we'll be hit by the transfer-ban during that summer. So it's now or never for the RB-reinforcement.

I'm getting more and more excited about the possibility of signing Cuadrado, maybe Lucho has a change of formation in mind where Cuadrado's defensive skills wouldn't be really needed? Or maybe he really wants to sign him as a winger?

Winger, Mathieu coming in as a fullback cover with Adriano being able to play at both left and right back for cover.
It's unlikely we'll get Cuadrado too, 5 forwards is a lot.

L

linetty

According to L'Equipe21, Barcelona is ready to make a big effort in hope to sign Cuardado.
They valued him at 34M according to some reports. Facepalm worthy if they want to use him at RB.

Banana-Rama

what is this stuff about barcelona signing him as a right back, he is a skillful winger not a defender, he scored 11 goals in serie a last season, why would he want to move somewhere to be a right back...

Icarium

Lifestealer
Cuadrado signing would make song and masch signings look like nothing. Although i think he can be a good player if we use him as a wingback, not sure he can play that position too. The world cup formation 3-5-2 with 3 defenders and alba cuadrado as wingbacks. Messi CAM and neymar suarez as 2 strikers. There is no place for iniesta in this formation though :(

Last edited:

Messi_Goal

Hes played brilliant in the World Cup and looks far to good going forward to be played at RB. What position would he play for FC Barcelona? He looks like an out and out winger.

Banana-Rama

Hes played brilliant in the World Cup and looks far to good going forward to be played at RB. What position would he play for FC Barcelona? He looks like an out and out winger.

yep he's definitely not a right back, why spend so much money on a player to try to convert him to an odd position, when you can sign an actual right back for half the price, it just looks like barca trying to stockpile talent to stop other clubs signing him. besides, barca are already putting £60/70 million aside for suarez, they have already signed rakitic, £30 million for cuadrado and they still haven't signed a centre back after all that spending...

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bad idea don't sign him. He'll be worse than Alves in regards to defense. We don't even have a proper CB and defense, why make it WORSE?

Paganinisrvnge

He's a great player but shouldn't be wasted at RB. As a Colombian, I hope and am pretty sure he'll go to a bigger club after his performances but hopefully not Barcelona. If we get a Colombian, I'd rather get someone in a position we actually need.

Home of Barca Fans