Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

yep he's definitely not a right back, why spend so much money on a player to try to convert him to an odd position, when you can sign an actual right back for half the price, it just looks like barca trying to stockpile talent to stop other clubs signing him. besides, barca are already putting £60/70 million aside for suarez, they have already signed rakitic, £30 million for cuadrado and they still haven't signed a centre back after all that spending...

:zubi:

JamDav1982

In the minority clearly but I would take him for 35m at right back.

Cant think of anyone about with a better engine that plays om the touchline and is that good in the final third.

Barcelona dont play normal full backs and with more disciplined midfield could cover Alba and Cuadrado - personally think he is much better than Alba anyway.

Added to all that Messi still does is best work with a leaning towards the RW area. An attacking full back is needed more on that side than the other in my opinion.

himanshu

Cant think of anyone about with a better engine that plays om the touchline and is that good in the final third.

Barcelona dont play normal full backs and with more disciplined midfield could cover Alba and Cuadrado - personally think he is much better than Alba anyway.

Added to all that Messi still does is best work with a leaning towards the RW area. An attacking full back is needed more on that side than the other in my opinion.

I too agree with you. ppl are not considering the fact that if suppose Alba is injured both our with play will bcome weak. It is more about synchronizing full back runs. Moreover, if we are not buying any more midfielders his versatility can come handy.

Bertus

Aurier.

Stats wise, aurier was the best RB in Europe last season.

And while it doens't mean much since we're talking about the french league, the defenses are fierce here, so it's quite an achievement since there's no open spaces like in many other leagues that primarily play in attack and not in defense.

Yet aurier managed to tear apart most of the defenses here.

JamDav1982

Aurier.

And while it doens't mean much since we're talking about the french league, the defenses are fierce here, so it's quite an achievement since there's no open spaces like in many other leagues that primarily play in attack and not in defense.

Aurier is not as good going forward as Cuadrado from what I have seen.

Were a lot of Auriers goals not set pieces? Which has its advantages but not what Barca looking for primarily.

Bertus

Aurier is not as good going forward as Cuadrado from what I have seen.

Were a lot of Auriers goals not set pieces? Which has its advantages but not what Barca looking for primarily.

Half was on corners. But i don't see the problems here.

1/ Barcelona needs to have players good on set pieces that can score.

2/ What everyone expect from an RB is awesome crossing, and aurier is incredible at crossing. Check the video. First part is his assists last season.

3/ Aurier is an excellent defender too.

Tomchin

Aurier.

But isn't Aurier heading to PSG? I heard Arsenal was Aurier's favorite destination, but seems like Arsenal have shifted their interest to Debuchy instead?

JamDav1982

Half was on corners. But i don't see the problems here.

1/ Barcelona needs to have players good on set pieces that can score.

2/ What everyone expect from an RB is awesome crossing, and aurier is incredible at crossing. Check the video. First part is his assists last season.

3/ Aurier is an excellent defender too.

I have seen that video before.

Still dont think he is in the same class as Cuadrado going forward.

Remains to be seen.

Bertus

But isn't Aurier heading to PSG? I heard Arsenal was Aurier's favorite destination, but seems like Arsenal have shifted their interest to Debuchy instead?

Nothing is decided so far apparently.

Toulouse's president is a fierce one to deal with. There's no easy deal with Toulouse.

Co0ter

Cuadrado sucks at defending. Haven't some of you learned that two offensive fullbacks is a nightmare for us? You blame it on the midfield but a reason why our midfield struggles is because both our fullbacks are getting caught up the field and our DM Busquets is a turtle on top of that.

Our best years were with Alves and Abidal complimenting him on the other side. I agree Aurier would be a fantastic signing- very solid defensively and he's fast, decent dribbler and has good vision/crossing for a FB. He'd be the type of FB that could compliment Alba or even Mathieu on left and he attacks.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't understand logic behind Cuardado as RB. Even less if we continue to play Alba as regular starter on other side.

Maybe Lucho plans 3 man defense with 2 wide midfielders? But then we'd need 5-6 CBs to complete the numbers and so far we only have 2.

Androutsos

Going forward, we need fullbacks that provide that overlapping width when our wingers push inside which they should because Messi performs best with someone in front of him, and this is why I think we are following Juan. With that being said, it leaves us open to counter attacks, am I wrong for thinking that tactical tweaks and harder working midfielders could help prevent that?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Can't understand logic behind Cuardado as RB. Even less if we continue to play Alba as regular starter on other side.

Maybe Lucho plans 3 man defense with 2 wide midfielders? But then we'd need 5-6 CBs to complete the numbers and so far we only have 2.

Batra, Pique, Mathieu, Ie, Mussachio?

Bertus

Going forward, we need fullbacks that provide that overlapping width when our wingers push inside which they should because Messi performs best with someone in front of him, and this is why I think we are following Juan. With that being said, it leaves us open to counter attacks, am I wrong for thinking that tactical tweaks and harder working midfielders could help prevent that?

I don't think so. RB first job should always be to good at defending, secondly he should be good at crossing and be fast, then lastly he should be able to score goals if he can.

That's where i differ from what JamDav thinks. He talks about goals scored, i talk about assists+defensive_skills.

What people, imo, should want from a RB is good defending and very good crossing. Not goals scored by said RB.

And even so, Aurier is a beast especially during set pieces. He scores plenty of goals besides his tons of assists and defensive skills.

Home of Barca Fans