Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

Tomchin

Kinda happy that we know the verdict of the FIFA before the end of the transfer-window, should make it more likely that we'll sign Cuadrado (or Reus?) in the coming days.

ammarfcb

ze special one
daily reminder this guy isn't a rb.

he would make good wingback in a 3-5-2 though. i'd also argue his not good enough but hey, sergi roberto plays for this club.

I

instinct

He can play any attacking position. So I could see him play the Iniesta (CAM) role in our midfield trio.

IMO he could be better than Cuadrado at the full-back position. Neither of them is a fullback but if I had to chose, I'd easily pick Reus. He is much more lethal in attack than Cuadrado and while I didn't watch Cuadrado's defensive effort, Reus impressed me with his workrate in defense. It's certainly not his fav. position but he would be more useful IMO (and probably cheaper, imagine that)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
IMO he could be better than Cuadrado at the full-back position. Neither of them is a fullback but if I had to chose, I'd easily pick Reus. He is much more lethal in attack than Cuadrado and while I didn't watch Cuadrado's defensive effort, Reus impressed me with his workrate in defense. It's certainly not his fav. position but he would be more useful IMO (and probably cheaper, imagine that)

While that may be true, the thought of wasting Reus at fullback had me like:

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
In the Barca system, I'd see Reus as more of an attacking midfielder in our system, who would eventually replace Iniesta alongside Rakitic and behind Messi at the tip of the diamond. Like Rakitic for Xavi, Reus for Iniesta would continue the tendency of less control and more attack by providing more energy (especially defensive) and a far stronger scoring threat. This seems like what Luis Enrique is looking for out of his mids.

And then Reus could also pitch in on the wing or at striker when necessary.

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Reus, Iniesta, Rafinha, Deulofeu, Adama, Munir, Sandro, Denis Suarez, Pedro, and Halilovic would be insane in terms of attacking talent though.

L

linetty

Cuadrado has played at RB before.

Home of Barca Fans