Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

I

instinct

Reus at fullback :facepalm: That's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

Don't get me wrong. I want to see a real fullback instead of Reus/Cuadrado but if I had to chose between those two, I'd pick Reus (not knowing how Luchos plans are)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd choose Cuadrado since he have atleast playee there even if not done well and wasting Reus as a FB would be a travesty.

I

instinct

I think it'd be difficult to integrate Reus into the system in another position unless another player will be benched but right now I don't know who that would be but somehow our board seems to be obsessed with Reus and he'd certainly want to be a starter and not Pedro 2.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think it'd be difficult to integrate Reus into the system in another position unless another player will be benched but right now I don't know who that would be but somehow our board seems to be obsessed with Reus and he'd certainly want to be a starter and not Pedro 2.

I don't see why not, I think Reus would thrive at central attacking midfield. He already plays a similar "free" attacking role for Dortmund IMO.

JamDav1982

See that's the problem. Reus can play in attacking midfield but that'd mean Iniesta would have to be benched.

The way Barca have lined up in the last two games there wont be an attacking mid from midfield.

One of the front three will drop deeper - Messi and Nemar both did it on Monday.

The midfield three were more in a line horizontally when ball in final third - I think to allow the full backs to push on and create a front five.

Dont see a role for an attacking mid. Maybe different in a 3-4-3.

Bertus

Don't get me wrong. I want to see a real fullback instead of Reus/Cuadrado but if I had to chose between those two, I'd pick Reus (not knowing how Luchos plans are)
Do you think Reus would accept to play fullback to begin with? :facepalm:

He's too good at his real position, we know it, he knows it. I don't see him accepting to play fullback just to please barcelona.

PaulTaylor

in Basic Cuardado would be a Right back here because he wouldn't be good enough for the attack (While still being a good player) and has extreme Pace? so thats the qualities for a Barcelona full back?

I

instinct

Neither of them would be RBs.

In the way the system has looked so far they would be amongst the five most attacking players on the park.

More like a winger than anything.

That's what I had in mind.

I think that Reus is more valuable for this team than Cuadrado. He is cheaper, younger and more skilled. I'd rather try to fit Reus into a certain system than spending big on Cuadrado.

Home of Barca Fans