Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

JamDav1982

in Basic Cuardado would be a Right back here because he wouldn't be good enough for the attack (While still being a good player) and has extreme Pace? so thats the qualities for a Barcelona full back?

He wouldnt be a RB, right mid would be more accurate in the system so far and the positions he would be taking up on the field.

Alba and Alves were more advanced than any of the CMs on Monday, the majority of the time when in posession they were making up a front five.

That's what I had in mind.

I think that Reus is more valuable for this team than Cuadrado. He is cheaper, younger and more skilled. I'd rather try to fit Reus into a certain system than spending big on Cuadrado.

I doubt Reus would be much cheaper than Cuadrado. Maybe next year when his buyout clause activates...

If we could fit Reus in the team without completely wasting his talent and/or fucking up the formation, I'd want him. But we probably can't, so...

Alarcón

Reus and Cuadrado have very different profiles... one is suited to the wingback role, the other is not... it's not that hard to see & has nothing to do with "wasting Reus talent"

I don't see Reus joining for the simple reason that we already have a somewhat similar player in Neymar and Lucho seems to prefer having 1 striker in attack. Reus, like Neymar, is not a striker. As Jam said, we don't have an attacking midfielder bar Messi, so there's no place for him in the team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He wouldnt be a RB, right mid would be more accurate in the system so far and the positions he would be taking up on the field.

Alba and Alves were more advanced than any of the CMs on Monday, the majority of the time when in posession they were making up a front five.

We did look like we were playing a 2-3-5 whilst we were attacking.

I

instinct

I doubt Reus would be much cheaper than Cuadrado. Maybe next year when his buyout clause activates...

If we could fit Reus in the team without completely wasting his talent and/or fucking up the formation, I'd want him. But we probably can't, so...

Yeah, I refered to the rumours that we'll buy him now and loan him back to BVB for a year. There is no chance that he'll leave this summer.

Bertus

Yeah, I refered to the rumours that we'll buy him now and loan him back to BVB for a year. There is no chance that he'll leave this summer.
Reus or another player, that would be a great idea to buy now and loan them for a year as long as they can come back despite the ban.

I'm all for it.

JamDav1982

We did look like we were playing a 2-3-5 whilst we were attacking.

Yes and the three CMs were in a straight line across the pitch more than Busi being and more narrow CM and AM as in previous seasons.

I think Lucho wants them to line up like that to be in better areas to cover for attacking full backs - Rakitic covered a lot of ground in the first half covering Alves runs and was always in the correct place to do it.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Reus or another player, that would be a great idea to buy now and loan them for a year as long as they can come back despite the ban.

I'm all for it.

Sport mentioned that we would want deals for Mr. Box and Koke in the same format as well.

johnmon

i see a lot of cuadrado play in serie A and to be honest i think he is average player , sure he had a nice w/c but in my opinion he is overhyped and overpriced, hope barca dont sign him...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So it's rumoured that he'll sign a contract extension with a 36m release clause.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
With Salah going to Roma on loan, and Schurrle supposedly going to Wolfsburg, Chelsea are looking to buy Cuadrado. Viola said they won't sell but Chelsea will probably meet his release clause. Quite a lot of money for a sub though, £26m.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With Salah going to Roma on loan, and Schurrle supposedly going to Wolfsburg, Chelsea are looking to buy Cuadrado. Viola said they won't sell but Chelsea will probably meet his release clause. Quite a lot of money for a sub though, £26m.

Maybe Mourinho has decided to rotate a bit more to include him in his plans.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Why would Mou want Cuadrado, he is so far from the player type he usually wants - physically strong, predictable, good defensive qualities, not prone to making mistakes, conform to a system etc - Cuadrado doesn't have any of these qualities, he will just drive Mou insane, no?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

You're underestimating Mou by a lot. When you look at Cheshit atm, they don't seem like the typical Chelshit of past days at all. Same goes for their midfield. This season, Chelshit actually play football and do not merely destroy it (though I have no doubt that they will do so once again once being faced with Barca, Bayern or any team against which they are way in over their head if they were to toy with less destructive ways of playing)

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters

£26m. Why did we potentially have to fork out £50m+ if we wanted him? Has the release fee changed?

Home of Barca Fans