Jude Bellingham

Morten

'Clutch' is one of the most cringeworthy Americanisms ever to infect football.

and it's never gonna happen - he won't do it game after game if they're this shite.

This England side can definitely lose to anybody, but at the same time, can you dismiss them so easily?

Yes, England is rubbish, but we are only talking fluking two games, on the easier side of the bracket, and there they are.

Of course, i actually favor Switzerland to beat them tbf.

ajnotkeith

This England side can definitely lose to anybody, but at the same time, can you dismiss them so easily?

Yes, England is rubbish, but we are only talking fluking two games, on the easier side of the bracket, and there they are.

England will be much better vs Switzerland. This was a wake up call and I think they will improve against an opponent who tries to challenge for the ball more.

At the end of the day even though they played terrible they have the players that can just win games for them, similar to France, that is hard to beat.

I think I would have that tie 60/40 or 70/30 in England's favour.

Temptation

England will be much better vs Switzerland. This was a wake up call and I think they will improve against an opponent who tries to challenge for the ball more.

At the end of the day even though they played terrible they have the players that can just win games for them, similar to France, that is hard to beat.

Yup. It's knockout Football. Nothing matters other than the result.

70/30 is way too much though. Don't underestimate 🇨🇭.

Morten

70/30?

Well, you do you then.

Maradona37

I am not dismissing them - I am saying Bellingham isn't gonna dig them out of a hole three games in a row (four if you include this).

For them to win it, they need to play MUCH better than they did today, rather than rely on someone getting them out of a hole constantly. Play like that every game and you live on borrowed time - unless you are Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Maradona37

To be fair they said that before this game - 'Slovenia is a wake up call' - didn't happen.

Yes they have game changers but you cannot rely on that all of the time. Sometimes a cohesive system beats moments. Switzerland are a much more drilled team than England.

Maradona37

This guy gets it. Lots of good posts from him. Bellingham is even being criticised online for his arrogance.

"As I have said before, he’s so far up his own arse he can barely run, much less play actual football most of the time now, which was shown tonight.

“Who else?”

What a twat.

He has become our Ronaldo and we’ll likely have the same issues as Portugal did whilst he was the dominant, controlling force. Only when his role became more normalised, his influence and control waned, and they set out a team that played to the team’s strengths, rather than to his ego, did they actually win anything."

You'd think Bellingham and the rest of the team would show some shame after that catastrophe of a performance, but no, they're crowing about shutting people up. Pickford's behaviour when he took the ball at the end was embarrassing too but he has always been an absolute clown.

Ultimately, they are making a rod for their own backs. If they can't drastically improve their performances then today will be nothing but a stay of execution. A temporary reprieve.

Also, he has the turning circle of the Titanic.

Last edited:

jamrock

I just re watched the goal, the step back to find space and ofc the finish were brilliant.

But the defender is gonna be having nightmares, England have Two players you want to man mark in these situation, no zonal BS, it's Bellingham and Kane.

You have him, see him step back and you decide to stay where you are to mark the "space", defender should have been on him like glue.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

He's a discount Dele Alli. Another standard wretched performance bar the goal. To tell the fans to shut their mouths after that shower of a performance shows they have believed their own hype to boot.

If a Barca player had a performance like that, I guarantee you not one poster on this forum would be praising him. Fermin plays better than that 75 percent of the time and yet the only positive comments you get afterwards are " He is good to keep as a squad player only, not first team level."

It's actually wild how people are so easily manipulated by the media. 90 minutes of horrible play with one good goal does not constitute a good game, folks.

Maradona37

He's a discount Dele Alli. Another standard wretched performance bar the goal. To tell the fans to shut their mouths after that shower of a performance shows they have believed their own hype to boot.

If a Barca player had a performance like that, I guarantee you not one poster on this forum would be praising him. Fermin plays better than that 75 percent of the time and yet the only positive comments you get afterwards are " He is good to keep as a squad player only, not first team level."

It's actually wild how people are so easily manipulated by the media. 90 minutes of horrible play with one good goal does not constitute a good game, folks.
Bold is what sickens me most about footballers. Utter vermin - arrogant, lacking in self-awareness wankers - like him and Ronaldo and the entire England team today buying their own hype and thinking they are far better than they are, telling smart people - who have them pegged for what they are - to get to fuck.

The rest is true as well. This guy must have the same PR team as Ronaldo, Beckham and Rashford, it's unbelievable how arse-licked he is. Guys like this are far better in the papers than they are on grass.

' 90 minutes of horrible play with one good goal does not constitute a good game, folks.'

Been saying that for many years. Unfortunately we are in the minority as most football fans live by moments and are incapable of analysing a game.

This is a decent point too, even if I wasn't a big Bale fan:

'
The Real Madrid fans will bring him crashing down.

He already went off the boil in the second half of the season but they tolerated it. Now they have their new toy in Mbappe, they won't be all over Bellingham and they'll turn on him when his from dips...

Can see it coning a mile off. We saw them do the same with Bale and he was 10x the player Bellingham is.'

Maradona37

There seems to be a disconnect on the forum and with some football fans in general...

there's guys like myself and Don, soul etc, who want to see great play throughout a game and aren't fooled by moments. We know moment aren't something to build a platform on long-term, unless you are Real Madrid.

Then you get the other guys (won't name names but it's obvious who they are) who can't really analyse a game of football, probably not played much, and go by moments and vibes and wanky celebrity catchphrases, and overlook bollocks general play if someone gets on the scoresheet.

The second type of fan has always irritated me. And they have grown massively since the rise of the internet.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Bold is what sickens me most about footballers. Utter vermin - arrogant, lacking in self-awareness wankers - like him and Ronaldo and the entire England team today buying their own hype and thinking they are far better than they are, telling smart people - who have them pegged for what they are - to get to fuck.

The rest is true as well. This guy must have the same PR team as Ronaldo, Beckham and Rashford, it's unbelievable how arse-licked he is. Guys like this are far better in the papers than they are on grass.

' 90 minutes of horrible play with one good goal does not constitute a good game, folks.'

Been saying that for many years. Unfortunately we are in the minority as most football fans live by moments and are incapable of analysing a game.

This is a decent point too, even if I wasn't a big Bale fan:

'
The Real Madrid fans will bring him crashing down.

He already went off the boil in the second half of the season but they tolerated it. Now they have their new toy in Mbappe, they won't be all over Bellingham and they'll turn on him when his from dips...

Can see it coning a mile off. We saw them do the same with Bale and he was 10x the player Bellingham is.'

What a shame that non Barca fans like yourself get it and Barca fans, who are mostly attracted to the club because of STYLE OF PLAY, don't. For years we eulogized over the beauty of watching Messi and now we are eulogizing over the exact opposite.

You should join us at the Cule asylum as you are more of a Cule than you know.

Never a dull day at the Spotify. :umtitol:

Maradona37

What a shame that non Barca fans like yourself get it and Barca fans, who are mostly attracted to the club because of STYLE OF PLAY, don't. For years we eulogized over the beauty of watching Messi and now we are eulogizing over the exact opposite.

You should join us at the Cule asylum as you are more of a Cule than you know.

Never a dull day at the Spotify. :umtitol:
Lol thanks. I just never supported anyone else other than my local team, and won't change at 42.

But for what it's worth, Guardiola's Barca is the best side I have ever seen (club or national) and played the type of football I wish my team I play with could fully emulate at our infinitely lower level - we have definitely tried.

I believe football is about art and beauty. I am a big believer that winning without style is much more hollow. Everyone remembers Hungary 54 and Netherlands 74 more than the West German teams who beat them in the respective finals.

Cheers.

Home of Barca Fans