Jude Bellingham

Maradona37

He's a good player, nobody disputes he has talent, it's the amount of talent that is disputed...

...but his buying of his own over the top hype as in the above signifies a lack of maturity/intelligence. The user Don implied something similar on a previous page, as did I.

Rory

He's a good player, nobody disputes he has talent, it's the amount of talent that is disputed...

...but his buying of his own over the top hype as in the above signifies a lack of maturity/intelligence. The user Don implied something similar on a previous page, as did I.
I think being Barca/Messi oriented here on this forum skews our view of what makes a player very talented.

He was very good at Dortmund. He's had half a world class season at Real Madrid, with an average/good second half a season. Played a big part in a league/ucl double. Now scoring important goals in knockout games at the Euros.

Think he's more than deserving of being called very talented. Another season at this level of output and he can rightfully hold the world class tag. I think it's still too early for him to have that.

What 21 year old wouldn't believe their own hype after scoring a last minute overhead kick? Most of us would think we're class if we did that down the park.

Maradona37

I think being Barca/Messi oriented here on this forum skews our view of what makes a player very talented.

He was very good at Dortmund. He's had half a world class season at Real Madrid, with an average/good second half a season. Played a big part in a league/ucl double. Now scoring important goals in knockout games at the Euros.

Think he's more than deserving of being called very talented. Another season at this level of output and he can rightfully hold the world class tag. I think it's still too early for him to have that.

What 21 year old wouldn't believe their own hype after scoring a last minute overhead kick? Most of us would think we're class if we did that down the park.
Fair enough on all that. I am willing to reserve judgement too - he's still so young.

The point about the last paragraph is he (and the team) were abysmal the entire game. he scores a wonderful goal, sure, but his classless rubbing it into the opposition and screaming 'who else' like they'd hammered Slovakia 5-0 is disrespectful to both the opposition and his own team-mates.

He came out and said the team rammed it down people's throats by winning. Mate, they were as terrible as ever, against a modest Slovakia team. One moment in stoppage time doesn't change that. It's his lack of self-awareness people dislike. He's clearly been primed by PR people from an early age - he's so manunfactured.

If anything, it's like I said last night on here. He's building them up for an even bigger fall, because if they don't vastly improve they'll be out soon. This could be a stay of execution.

Home of Barca Fans