Jude Bellingham

Maradona37

Immensely overrated. I see the excuses have started too that he's 'knackered' and 'maybe playing through injury', like those things don't apply to every other player who came into this tournament after a long season.

He's like Gerrard in that he's a physical, low football IQ lad who plays the game like Roy of the Rovers - me me me trying to pop up with a magic moment the entire game. It works at Dortmund as they play like that a lot, and it works at Real Madrid because of their voodoo, it didn't work in this tournament.

he's good at arriving in the box for a finish, or playing a good pass into the striker, but he will never be able to control or run a midfield (a la Xavi, Kroos, Modric etc) while he has a hole in his arse.

He's rated a lot especially by British people because we over here love a physical unit or specimen who can run all day, smack shots. There's probably a venn diagram somewhere that shows his biggest fans are the guys who think Spanish passing midfielders are pansies and Spain and Barca in their prime were 'boring' and passed too much.

I am sure people will still claim he's the new Zidane though as he's great on FIFA and does Adidas adverts.

PR merchant who sums up everything that's wrong with football, the media, and society in general.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Where is temp?

I read Redcafe from time to time and he's busy being:

1) A creep

Man's found his new @Horatio on there to stalk :lol:

2) A dedicated Barca hater

Horatio

You're welcome
Stellar player still and will likely continue to perform many seasons for real. Will evolve his game with time. Remember how valverde made comeback.

Had a very disappointing euro though. But southgate defensive tactics dont suit him. He also proved useless against city away.

Technically he’s overrated yeah, but only because of how delusional english commentators and pundits behaved regarding him. Not really his fault.

He’s an absolute [+]^ though and wish him no success at all. But really can’t write him off because of this. Will be one of the top players coming seasons and real fits him.

Maradona37

I read Redcafe from time to time and he's busy being:

1) A creep

Man's found his new @Horatio on there to stalk :lol:

2) A dedicated Barca hater

He has encyclopedic knowledge of how good Morata is in training. Respect.

Maradona37

Stellar player still and will likely continue to perform many seasons for real. Will evolve his game with time. Remember how valverde made comeback.

Had a very disappointing euro though. But southgate defensive tactics dont suit him. He also proved useless against city away.

Technically he’s overrated yeah, but only because of how delusional english commentators and pundits behaved regarding him. Not really his fault.

He’s an absolute [+]^ though and wish him no success at all. But really can’t write him off because of this. Will be one of the top players coming seasons and real fits him.
Yeah he's only overrated in the sense they make him out to be a combination of Zidane, Pele and Messi. But he's clearly a good player.

I am fighting back against the hype and exploring the weaknesses he has as a player.

Unfortunately he plays for the devil's club and will likely continue to find success.

Agree he is an absolute cunt too. Almost Ronaldo levels of revulsion.

Maradona37

'
Pedri and Iniesta.

The young players of Barca get hyped way too soon.

Pedri struggles to last 60 minutes and has major stamina issues. Also very slow and weak, unlike Iniesta who was deceptively swift on the ball.'

Has a point they're not that similar. But saying the bold on a MAN UNITED forum is delicious lack of awareness of your surroundings.

jamrock

If English media and fans looked at him like this, neutrals would rate him more.

ajnotkeith

Ancelotti is the main reason for Bellingham's great season. He did something people thought unthinkable before he arrived ; most people here were saying he was a box to box, before Ancelotti reinvented him as a 10/second striker.

Bellingham is a great player, but I don't think he improved much from Dortmund to Madrid, he was just utilised much better, and what English pundits and managers fail to realise is he won't have that same success out of the system that was designed to get the most out of his qualities.

With England this tournament he was hardly allowed to enter the box. In those circumstances he won't be much more than an above-average midfielder.

Ancelotti had the vision to play him as a forward, but it remains to be seen how he is as a more standard midfielder like he was with England this tournament (not so good?) Him and Kane were stepping on each others toes, Bellingham likes to rush the box late behind a striker but they were covering the same zones.

Maradona37

Yes. he's another Gerrard - labours under the delusion he's a dominating central midfielder, when he's actually a number 10 who can get chances or passes in the box, and who's best close to thereand well away from the engine room where he's an absolute liability.

Rory

Most English pundits/fans said before the tournament we should be utilising him in the same way he’s effective at Real Madrid.

Easy to claim he’s actually crap after the fact of losing a final. In reality his overall season was fantastic. And if he develops the areas of the game he needs to he’ll be dominant.

Southgate utilised him, Foden, Kane, Saka, Rice etc. poorly. Foden was city’s best player last season and looked like a guy you’d find in a pub all tournament

Maradona37

Nobody said he was crap. And it's not based on the final. I have consistently said he's overrated.

he's decent, but the hype around him is repulsive, and he encourages it with his PR and attention-seeking.

Outside of goal stats, what is he actually good at? Average first touch, decent passer in final third but not in midfield, poor in tight spaces, can't control games, doesn't appear to have much of a football brain.

he's another Gerrard - a kick and run power merchant who labours under the delusion he's a playmaking midfielder.

The hype around him clearly doesn't match the reality. I have never once seen him have a game that matches this God like hype he has in the media, and I have seen him dozens of times now.

Then again, I hate clowns like him and Ronaldo who get a boost from PR, and actively go the other way to downplay them

'In reality his overall season was fantastic'

Did you watch him? He tailed off the second half of the season and did little in CL knockouts.

being invisible in most games and getting on the end of a chance isn't 'playing fantastically'. It's basically Rapenaldo mark 2. Also, Real Madrid is the easiest club to find success at with their witchcraft.

'Foden was city’s best player last season and looked like a guy you’d find in a pub all tournament'

That's because Pep makes him look better than he is. Rodri was their best player and is the best player on Earth, despite the hype around Foden.

Home of Barca Fans