Jude Bellingham

Maradona37

He probably could have continued to do his CAM-role under Ancelotti quite well though, if Perez just didn't have to have his market-signing.

Never in my life have i been less excited about a big signing than the most recent one.

But, we have to deal with what is, not what should/could have been.
He probably could have. He could have continued getting away with it as a second striker, because that suits his style of getting on the end of chances and living for moments. Now that he's gonna be tasked with more midfield responsibility, we are gonna find out he couldn't control a game if his life depended on it.

Maradona37

This is why people are repulsed by Bellend. Other players put in better peformances and are still criticised far more than the golden boy:

'Nope, the media unanimously adore him and despite being utter tripe this tournament hasn’t faced a single criticism from the English media. They have their favourites and stick by them.'

Maradona37

Anyway, I am gonna go watch the Copa. Can't be bothered arguing about this hyped up tit.

If you reply I may respond in kind later. No hard feelings though, it's nothing against you. It's my disdain for him and his style of play.

Morten

He probably could have. He could have continued getting away with it as a second striker, because that suits his style of getting on the end of chances and living for moments. Now that he's gonna be tasked with more midfield responsibility, we are gonna find out he couldn't control a game if his life depended on it.

I think Tchouameni can do a reasonable job of controlling the game, so Bellingham won't have to do it, we still need a creative midfielder though, and who is that gonna be? I don't see anybody in current midfield doing it consistently.

Maradona37

He's not a proper footballer. he's a highlights player, a youtube merchant.

A lot of people fall for it and his propensity to add to his goal record by getting shots in the box.

Spain have proper footballers, England have highlights players. That's why Spain dominated most of the game tonight and won, by a scoreline which flattered England in the end.

Maradona37

I think Tchouameni can do a reasonable job of controlling the game, so Bellingham won't have to do it, we still need a creative midfielder though, and who is that gonna be? I don't see anybody in current midfield doing it consistently.
Agree,

Anyway maybe I am digging at him a bit much.

But if there's one thing I hate in life it's a person who is treated like he can do no wrong and like he's God - especially when he is far from it.

Blanco

Bellingham is so much above the other young players in terms of quality that haters like Maradona37 are literally obsessed with him 😀 the guy posted 20 comments about him only after the final. Hating even on his looks and reactions after the game.

There will be suicides when Jude, Vini and Mbappe start tearing apart every team they face again. (Not that Mbappe is needed as we saw last season, but he will make the margins even greater.)

Raging about things that you cant change is not healthy, the case with Bellingham’s greatness is one of them. Just accept it.

Maradona37

'Bellingham is so much above the other young players in terms of quality'

He isn't. He hasn't proved that. His buddy Musiala and Yamal as two examples, clearly have more football ability than him. It's blatantly obvious. Jude is a physical specimen which disguises issues with his game.

I mentioned his looks cos that other boy brought them up, no other reason.

The fact is he's a forward player. He's not a midfielder, and if he's asked to run games he won't be able to.

Nobody is denying he's a good player, what people have a problem with is the English media acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread and can do no wrong.

There's still a lot in his game to work on. He has plenty of flaws still. But you're a Real Madrid fan so you're trained to see 'clutch moments' and not the rest of the game where he goes missing. That's how Real Madrid play.

He had a poor second half of the season. If you think throwing all these big names together is 100 percent gonna work out perfectly then fine, but football isn't like that. There needs to be balance in a team - even one with Real Madrid's voodoo.

Real Madrid do have that witchcraft though, so it's very possible that Bellingham continues to be a success playing as a man of moments.

vegitot

'
Pedri and Iniesta.

The young players of Barca get hyped way too soon.

Pedri struggles to last 60 minutes and has major stamina issues. Also very slow and weak, unlike Iniesta who was deceptively swift on the ball.'

Has a point they're not that similar. But saying the bold on a MAN UNITED forum is delicious lack of awareness of your surroundings.
It is quite right at this moment though.

Maradona37

It is quite right at this moment though.
Yeah but my point is that it's ironic to say what he did on a Man United forum of all place.

Anyway, on Bellingham - said he'd be mediocre tonight and I was right. Put him up against an organised and well-drilled side where he's not playing in a team with a talent advantage, and he gets found out.

Home of Barca Fans