Jude Bellingham

Morten

Most English pundits/fans said before the tournament we should be utilising him in the same way he’s effective at Real Madrid.

Easy to claim he’s actually crap after the fact of losing a final. In reality his overall season was fantastic. And if he develops the areas of the game he needs to he’ll be dominant.

Southgate utilised him, Foden, Kane, Saka, Rice etc. poorly. Foden was city’s best player last season and looked like a guy you’d find in a pub all tournament

Thing is, this season was a one-off, not so much that he can't devolop as a player, but in terms of the role that he has, with Mbappe's arrival, Bellingham will for sure have to take more of a supporting role.

Vinicius was already ahead of him in the attack(no shame tbf), you can only have so many players who wants to make runs in behind at the same time, and it won't be Bellingham.

Somebody has to make up for Mbappe's zero defensive work rate, and Bellingham is the odd man out, so he will have to adapt.

Maradona37

'And if he develops the areas of the game he needs to he’ll be dominant.'

It will never happen. Asking him to ever control a midfield or play like Kroos is like asking a fish to fly.

You can't expect 'improvement' in something when someone doesn't have the tools to do it in the first place. Gerrard played his entire career and still couldn't control games.

Maradona37

Anyway, I am allergic to hyped up 'doesn't the sun shine out of his arse?' cunts like this.

Maybe if he was rated more commensurate with his true talent level, I wouldn't have to tear him apart.

Rory

Thing is, this season was a one-off, not so much that he can't devolop as a player, but in terms of the role that he has, with Mbappe's arrival, Bellingham will for sure have to take more of a supporting role.

Vinicius was already ahead of him in the attack(no shame tbf), you can only have so many players who wants to make runs in behind at the same time, and it won't be Bellingham.

Somebody has to make up for Mbappe's zero defensive work rate, and Bellingham is the odd man out, so he will have to adapt.
True the season might be a one off, but also have to give him time to have his next season to confirm that.

He was very good in midfield for Dortmund and still contributed to goals/assists in the UCL too. Works hard as well. I think he’s good enough that a role will form as he adapts to Mbappe being in the team.

Morten

'And if he develops the areas of the game he needs to he’ll be dominant.'

It will never happen. Asking him to ever control a midfield or play like Kroos is like asking a fish to fly.

You can't expect 'improvement' in something when someone doesn't have the tools to do it in the first place. Gerrard played his entire career and still couldn't control games.

Thats not what i'm saying, devolop as a player doesn't mean getting new technical skills, he will adapt to a new role more than anything.

He is the odd man out in more than one way though btw, Fede is already a box to box midfielder, do we really need two of them in the same team?

They are somewhat different in what they can do, with or without the ball, but too similiar, all the same.

Maradona37

Thats not what i'm saying, devolop as a player doesn't mean getting new technical skills, he will adapt to a new role more than anything.

He is the odd man out in more than one way though btw, Fede is already a box to box midfielder, do we really need two of them in the same team?

They are somewhat different in what they can do, with or without the ball, but too similiar, all the same.
He's going to go further back, that is my point. Unless some of RM's new forwards disappoint, and he ends up playing further forward again.

They're likely earmarking him to play in the heart of midfield with Camavinga/Tchouameni. I don't think he can play that role. Like you say they have Valverde as the box to box guy and he does it better than Bellingham.

Rory

Anyway, I am allergic to hyped up 'doesn't the sun shine out of his arse?' cunts like this.

Maybe if he was rated more commensurate with his true talent level, I wouldn't have to tear him apart.
You’re forgetting he’s a mixed race, good looking young guy with a lot of talent. He’s moved to Real Madrid and in the first season won the UCL. Of course he’s the media darling. He’s the most marketable footballer for the current time.

Almost too obvious a target to be anti him

Morten

True the season might be a one off, but also have to give him time to have his next season to confirm that.

He was very good in midfield for Dortmund and still contributed to goals/assists in the UCL too. Works hard as well. I think he’s good enough that a role will form as he adapts to Mbappe being in the team.

I'm not questioning his work rate, if he has to do a different role, but then, that would be a role quite similiar to Valverde.

Where is the midfielder to unlock deep sitting defences? Midfield of Bellingham- Tchouameni - Valverde seems kinda stale to me, a lot of physicality and workrate, not enough creativity.

Maradona37

You’re forgetting he’s a mixed race, good looking young guy with a lot of talent. He’s moved to Real Madrid and in the first season won the UCL. Of course he’s the media darling. He’s the most marketable footballer for the current time.

Almost too obvious a target to be anti him
So basically, he's rated most for reasons that have little to do with football? That's what i implied.

Not sure I would ever call him good looking either (coming from a guy who has no problem acknowledging other men are handsome), but maybe some women like the way he looks. I am sure loads wouldn't look at him twice, especially if he worked for the minimum wage. He's a bit weird looking.

Where is this 'lot of talent' exactly? It seems like this is repeated so much in the media that people just take it for granted it is true. Talent isn't making magic moments. Talent is being immense tactically and technically, like Rodri or Ruiz or Olmo.

Watch this guy play and question the hype around him.

Rory

I'm not questioning his work rate, if he has to do a different role, but then, that would be a role quite similiar to Valverde.

Where is the midfielder to unlock deep sitting defences? Midfield of Bellingham- Tchouameni - Valverde seems kinda stale to me, a lot of physicality and workrate, not enough creativity.
not sure on that but he offers similar things to those two whilst being a goal scoring threat too

Rory

So basically, he's rated most for reasons that have little to do with football? That's what i implied.

Not sure I would ever call him good looking either (coming from a guy who has no problem acknowledging other men are handsome), but maybe some women like the way he looks. I am sure loads wouldn't look at him twice, especially if he worked for the minimum wage. He's a bit weird looking.

Where is this 'lot of talent' exactly? It seems like this is repeated so much in the media that people just take it for granted it is true. Talent isn't making magic moments. Talent is being immense tactically and technically, like Rodri or Ruiz or Olmo.

Watch this guy play and question the hype around him.
No he’s not rated for those things, he’s overhyped and always in the media for those things. He’s still a very good player.

Not going to spend too long discussing another man’s look 😂 but there’s all sorts of videos on social media about how women are suddenly interested in watching England because of Jude.

Maradona37

No he’s not rated for those things, he’s overhyped and always in the media for those things. He’s still a very good player.

Not going to spend too long discussing another man’s look 😂 but there’s all sorts of videos on social media about how women are suddenly interested in watching England because of Jude.
He's a good player to a point. He has significant weaknesses in his game is nowhere near the 'potential all-time great' he's been touted as. He will never ever reach that level, you can see he won't. He's not good enough technically or tactically - he's a goalscoring moments player who drifts in and out of games. Not because of his age, but because it's his skillset.

Some women call Grealish handsome too, and he looks like a diseased ferret with the worst hairstyle in the world. We heard Ronaldo is a hunk from the media and every woman I have ever spoken to online and in person thinks he's a greasy, slimy, serial killer resembling creep.

Maybe, just maybe, women fancy Jude because they're extremely susceptible to media hype and celebrity (which he has an abundance of). And you were the one who brought up his (substandard) looks, not me.

I am sure he'd get some interest if he wasn't famous. But him being 'Jude, world star' helps him enormously with women. He's no Brad Pitt or Henry Cavill or Jensen Ackles by a fucking long way. They're genuine hunks who don't need their fame to get women.

Maradona37

Not to get off topic from how overrated he is as a footballer but, you think this is good looking?

Take away the money and fame, give him a manual labour job struggling to get by, and he's rated as average, and even that seems generous.

Attachments

• 723-jude-bellingham.png
    723-jude-bellingham.png
    447.5 KB · Views: 2

Morten

He's going to go further back, that is my point. Unless some of RM's new forwards disappoint, and he ends up playing further forward again.

They're likely earmarking him to play in the heart of midfield with Camavinga/Tchouameni. I don't think he can play that role. Like you say they have Valverde as the box to box guy and he does it better than Bellingham.

He probably could have continued to do his CAM-role under Ancelotti quite well though, if Perez just didn't have to have his market-signing.

Never in my life have i been less excited about a big signing than the most recent one.

But, we have to deal with what is, not what should/could have been, and somebody has to pay the price, Vini/Rodrigo, Bellingham, one or more.

Home of Barca Fans