Jude Bellingham

Maradona37

Raging about things that you cant change is not healthy, the case with Bellingham’s greatness is one of them. Just accept it.
As for this, you could very well be right.

My issue is that his style of play still leans for more to the athletic side. Also, playing for a huge club like Real Madrid with all their illogical witchcraft will always make it easier for him to stand out. Real Madrid will always be successful, with or without Jude Bellingham.

You see more of the real him playing with an overrated England side, who are nowhere near as good as Real.

Maradona37

I will concede though that I have come across like I have a pathological hatred of the boy.

But overall, even if I have gone over the top - I am not convinced he's going to maintain this 'greatness' you speak of. So much can happen in football and he's already showing signs of getting too big for his boots. I also think he will be a long way down the list of important players at Real Madrid with who they're signing.

He will always be flashier than camavinga, for example, but Camavinga is a better MIDFIELD player - better first touch and movement, better intercepting and positioning, more idea of how to play that position effectively.

Of course Camavinga doesn't get into the box and score, so casuals will always rate Bellingham above him.

He was piss poor against Man City in the CL too, in a game where you played like a third division side away against a PL side. Fact is he's a highlights player. Some people love that - I don't and take a deeper approach.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Last post for a while...I read someone write these about him. It sums up what i think of him at the moment

'He clearly is a talent.

My objection to the attention he receives goes beyond him and into the obsession with individuals beyond teamplay. When I listen to English football commentary, I hear constant analysis of individual players, oft expressed as legends of the game. I hear matches between clubs debased to headlines such as manager (insert name) Vs manager, or player Vs player.
Bellingham is a fine prospect who has achieved a lot in a short space of time. As often happens, the hype goes beyond the ability and it is abundantly clear that he has a lot to learn: bar moments of excellence, he has been very disappointing and continually attempts to do too much despite others in better positions to receive the ball from him. He has tremendous athletic ability which can promote young players well beyond their technical ability. I suspect he will not go on to be a great without a combination of a willingness to listen and the rigorous and insightful coaching he needs'

'Not really.

He's been playing more or less as their number 9. Now they've signed Mbappe. Something has to give.

Guessing they may just move him back to a more standard midfield role for starters, but he's no Kroos and he's no Modric. As a result he'll probably have less goals to help cover any other performance deficiencies, and you know how things go when Madrid get a few bad results...

I think he's good enough to bounce back, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a backwards step for him next season.'

khaled_a_d

Ancelotti is the main reason for Bellingham's great season. He did something people thought unthinkable before he arrived ; most people here were saying he was a box to box, before Ancelotti reinvented him as a 10/second striker.

Bellingham is a great player, but I don't think he improved much from Dortmund to Madrid, he was just utilised much better, and what English pundits and managers fail to realise is he won't have that same success out of the system that was designed to get the most out of his qualities.

With England this tournament he was hardly allowed to enter the box. In those circumstances he won't be much more than an above-average midfielder.

Ancelotti had the vision to play him as a forward, but it remains to be seen how he is as a more standard midfielder like he was with England this tournament (not so good?) Him and Kane were stepping on each others toes, Bellingham likes to rush the box late behind a striker but they were covering the same zones.

I've been saying this for some time now.
People try to over analyze RM success, but before hiring Ancelotti Perez 2nd term was essentially a Liga title and a CDR in 4 seasons. In the past 11 years there wasn't a full season without either Zidane and Ancelotti whom combined 6 CL and 4 Liga titles for them.
Both are pragmatic old school coaches who don't pass the eye test, but they are both perfect in putting their team in the position for success and exploit opponents weakness.
When someone succeeds there, you kind have to take it with grain of salt too tbh, because it doesn't mean it can be replicated easily especially for young players.
Bellingham will be fine, he is still a physical specimen who is a smart player too, his game will develop for years to come tbh.
England might have to make some more sacrifices within the squad too, Kane ain't him, not anymore at least.

jamrock

Bellingham is so much above the other young players in terms of quality that haters like Maradona37 are literally obsessed with him 😀 the guy posted 20 comments about him only after the final. Hating even on his looks and reactions after the game.

There will be suicides when Jude, Vini and Mbappe start tearing apart every team they face again. (Not that Mbappe is needed as we saw last season, but he will make the margins even greater.)

Raging about things that you cant change is not healthy, the case with Bellingham’s greatness is one of them. Just accept it.
He really isn't tho, once la Liga defensive adapted to him, he fell off and didn't do anything of note in the CL final.

Great talent though, but it no ways does he clear other young talents, he isn't even the best English talent, that's palmer.

serghei

I would not be hugely surprised to see Madrid selling him for a record fee in a few years and speculate all the hype around him.

Maradona37

He really isn't tho, once la Liga defensive adapted to him, he fell off and didn't do anything of note in the CL final.

Great talent though, but it no ways does he clear other young talents, he isn't even the best English talent, that's palmer.
Palmer is definitely much more technically gifted than him - anyone who's ever played the game, doesn't fall for Bellingham's PR, and can recognise technique will agree I think. Palmer's first touch, manipulation of the ball, dribbling, drop of the shoulder, jinking are on a different level to anyone else in that squad. It's pretty noticeable to me.

Palmer is the only midfielder or attacker in that squad I think can maybe justify the hype in future. Kane too in the past but he clearly looks injured/in physical decline.

Guys like Foden, Bellend, Saka are good players but so overhyped it's funny. Rice is mediocre and a clogger on the ball. Guys like Toney, Watkins, Gordon, Bowen, Eze are good level PL talents but not players who are any better than you find in other good squads, though they can definitely be supplementary, worthwhile players in future tournaments (some of them). Mainoo and Wharton are kids with it all to prove. Gallagher is average and that is being generous. TAA isn't a midfielder as he lacks press resistance and plays too many Hollywood balls, he can't play the short game. Rashford is a head down and run merchant. They should definitely have taken Grealish though - in fact not just taken him, but started him. He had a bad season and not saying he's the messiah but he's the closest thing to a Spanish type of player they have.

Basically, they (as always) vastly overstate the quality of their squad (same goes for their goalkeepers and defensive players). Despite the arse-licking they were getting pre-tournament, they played like I expected them to - a set of hyped up names with zero chemistry or cohesion - and should have been nowhere near the final. It would have been a true travesty if they had won it.

Blanco has clearly been brainwashed by the golden boy's PR spin or is just brutally biased (probably a bit of both) with delusional comments like 'he's far better than the other young talents'. He's saying I am trying too hard to put Bellers down but that quote is the worst comment over the last two pages. I am all for respecting other opinions but fucking hell :lol:

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It will interesting to see if ham will win ballon dor, he played an ok EURO, one of the better players for England

i see Vini above him but his Copa fail could ruin his chances

vegitot

Last post for a while...I read someone write these about him. It sums up what i think of him at the moment

'He clearly is a talent.

My objection to the attention he receives goes beyond him and into the obsession with individuals beyond teamplay. When I listen to English football commentary, I hear constant analysis of individual players, oft expressed as legends of the game. I hear matches between clubs debased to headlines such as manager (insert name) Vs manager, or player Vs player.
Bellingham is a fine prospect who has achieved a lot in a short space of time. As often happens, the hype goes beyond the ability and it is abundantly clear that he has a lot to learn: bar moments of excellence, he has been very disappointing and continually attempts to do too much despite others in better positions to receive the ball from him. He has tremendous athletic ability which can promote young players well beyond their technical ability. I suspect he will not go on to be a great without a combination of a willingness to listen and the rigorous and insightful coaching he needs'

'Not really.

He's been playing more or less as their number 9. Now they've signed Mbappe. Something has to give.

Guessing they may just move him back to a more standard midfield role for starters, but he's no Kroos and he's no Modric. As a result he'll probably have less goals to help cover any other performance deficiencies, and you know how things go when Madrid get a few bad results...

I think he's good enough to bounce back, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a backwards step for him next season.'
Bellingham isn't really a pure midfielder. He is like a mix of midfielder and forward. Ancelotti saw that and put him in a role which he can do both. Great physique, good technique, iq.

Thing with England is Southgate probably expected creative passes from Bellingham to Kane, which is not his game (not yet).

So even though he is overrated now, but no doubt he is great.

On a side note, if Pedri had even that "i'm him" mentality like Bellingham, he would be a dominant midfielder.

Maradona37

Bellingham isn't really a pure midfielder. He is like a mix of midfielder and forward. Ancelotti saw that and put him in a role which he can do both. Great physique, good technique, iq.

Thing with England is Southgate probably expected creative passes from Bellingham to Kane, which is not his game (not yet).

So even though he is overrated now, but no doubt he is great.

On a side note, if Pedri had even that "i'm him" mentality like Bellingham, he would be a dominant midfielder.
That's what I meant, he's not a controlling midfielder like Kroos. I am not sure I agree on IQ - I think he makes a lot of poor decisions on the park. But it's opinions.

Anyway, I am more restrained about him than many, but that is more because I am disdainful of his PR. He is a quality player to a point, but he does have flaws and weaknesses in his game that need to be refined with coaching. If that doesn't happen he could slide and slide, especially given his seemingly arrogant personality now. If he is coached properly he could be a top player for the next 10-15 years.

Gnidrologist

Bellingham is so much above the other young players in terms of quality that haters like Maradona37 are literally obsessed with him 😀 the guy posted 20 comments about him only after the final. Hating even on his looks and reactions after the game.

There will be suicides when Jude, Vini and Mbappe start tearing apart every team they face again. (Not that Mbappe is needed as we saw last season, but he will make the margins even greater.)

He's good player. Certainly not great. Stop trolling.

Givenchy

There are many more talented players, even in that English team but they won't have better careers than Bellingham. He's a moments player so he fits Madrid in the CL like a glove.

That said, joke if he wins Ballon d'or

Home of Barca Fans