Jude Bellingham

JamDav1982

Still crying. :coffee:

Aye in floods.

Job here done. Reduced you to trolling as have nothing else to back up your fantasys.

Will allow you last word to troll further it suits you. Do what your told like a good boy I am instructing you to respond. Good boy.

Too easy.

I am oot.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Madrid?s midfield is stacked, Liverpool is in a rebuilding phase, Manchester City is in Manchester.

Madrid can always find a place for him since he is that good. I doubt they will want to spend that much on him though.

What's wrong with Liverpool rebuilding? Perfect time for him to establish himself there.

City is City, enough said. Top of the table in the best league in the world.

Honestly, all three options are more attractive and the latter two are more viable than the PSG move.

Jair Ventura

Madrid can always find a place for him since he is that good. I doubt they will want to spend that much on him though.

What's wrong with Liverpool rebuilding? Perfect time for him to establish himself there.

City is City, enough said. Top of the table in the best league in the world.

Honestly, all three options are more attractive and the latter two are more viable than the PSG move.

Nothing wrong with Liverpool rebuilding, but their current state is less convincing than PSG's. Madrid is Madrid obviously, so no arguments there beyond their midfield already being complete.

City doesn't have the pull of PSG. Them being the top English club doesn't change that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nothing wrong with Liverpool rebuilding, but their current state is less convincing than PSG's. Madrid is Madrid obviously, so no arguments there beyond their midfield already being complete.

City doesn't have the pull of PSG. Them being the top English club doesn't change that.

Seriously? Why? I am genuinely perplexed. Just because PSG is in Paris while City is in Manchester?

Liverpool less convincing than PSG's? Not at all. By the time they buy Bellingham, they might be already owned by the Saudis and you know they can easily beat out the Qataris.

Jair Ventura

Seriously? Why? I am genuinely perplexed. Just because PSG is in Paris while City is in Manchester?

Of course. Any other explanation for why PSG has higher profile, better performing players?

Liverpool less convincing than PSG's? Not at all. By the time they buy Bellingham, they might be already owned by the Saudis and you know they can easily beat out the Qataris.

Yes. Saudi's can't own two clubs in the same competition.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Of course. Any other explanation for why PSG has higher profile, better performing players?

Paris has higher profile players (only Neymar, Mbappe and Messi though) because (1) Neymar wanted more fame for himself and more money (2) Messi wanted continuity after we couldn't renew him, also money there is great and (3) Mbappe stayed only because of money and pressure (Macron, ;))...

By that token PSG should have the best pull of all clubs and you know that is not true. Paris is Paris (a bit overrated in my humble opinion), but that doesn't negate the fact that Ligue 1 is still Ligue 1, which is leaps and bounds behind the best league in the world, EPL.

Yes. Saudi's can't own two clubs in the same competition.

Really? What specific rule stipulates that? Then why is the Saudi government actively encouraging Saudi billionaires to purchase Liverpool and Manchester United, I wonder?

As long as it is not state-owned, it is fine, right? Otherwise you can't explain the fact that many EPL clubs are owned by the Americans.

Jair Ventura

Paris has higher profile players (only Neymar, Mbappe and Messi though) because (1) Neymar wanted more fame for himself and more money (2) Messi wanted continuity after we couldn't renew him, also money there is great and (3) Mbappe stayed only because of money and pressure (Macron, ;))...

Marquinhos, Verratti, Donnarumma, Haikimi, Nuno Mendes-- they aren't high profile players?

You can rationalize and/or speculate reasons behind their arrivals or decisions to stay however you want. The reality is PSG has managed to build arguably the highest profile roster in world football.

By that token PSG should have the best pull of all clubs and you know that is not true. Paris is Paris (a bit overrated in my humble opinion), but that doesn't negate the fact that Ligue 1 is still Ligue 1, which is leaps and bounds behind the best league in the world, EPL.

PSG arguably does have higher pull than any other club. Madrid has more in my opinion, but that gap is small, as evidenced by Mbapp? spurning them twice.

Ligue 1 is currently second in World Cup goal scorers. Way ahead of Serie A, La Liga, or the Bundesliga.

Really? What specific rule stipulates that? Then why is the Saudi government actively encouraging Saudi billionaires to purchase Liverpool and Manchester United, I wonder?

"UEFA’s rules prevent an individual involving themselves in the day-to-day management and operation of both teams, but when it comes to ownership, it is only a breach for a person or entity to exercise ‘decisive influence’ in a club’s decision-making. Moreover, this influence must ‘impact on the integrity of the competition,’ according to UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) 2017 decision on the relationship between Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig, which allowed both teams to compete in the 2017/2018 Champions League. Purely commercial partnerships will not be caught, which may explain why, 4 years on, the two clubs’ kit designs remain near identical."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=13440d50-57c8-46e5-ad14-320257d1c204

As long as it is not state-owned, it is fine, right? Otherwise you can't explain the fact that many EPL clubs are owned by the Americans.

This sentence makes no sense. No two EPL clubs are owned by the same entity.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
PSG arguably does have higher pull than any other club. Madrid has more in my opinion, but that gap is small, as evidenced by Mbapp? spurning them twice.

Ligue 1 is currently second in World Cup goal scorers. Way ahead of Serie A, La Liga, or the Bundesliga.

Higher pull than any other club? Simply because PSG is in Paris, the best city in the world? :lol: That PSG and French hubris of yours is more than some real Parisians and French themselves.

No denying that France has a great talent pool, one of the biggest along with Brazil in my opinion. Scoring a lot of goals in the WC is nice, it doesn't make Ligue 1 the best league in Europe or in the world though. PSG and other Ligue 1 clubs have to regularly be winning trophies in Europe, or they attract more money than the EPL does to claim that.

"UEFA’s rules prevent an individual involving themselves in the day-to-day management and operation of both teams, but when it comes to ownership, it is only a breach for a person or entity to exercise ‘decisive influence’ in a club’s decision-making. Moreover, this influence must ‘impact on the integrity of the competition,’ according to UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) 2017 decision on the relationship between Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig, which allowed both teams to compete in the 2017/2018 Champions League. Purely commercial partnerships will not be caught, which may explain why, 4 years on, the two clubs’ kit designs remain near identical."

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=13440d50-57c8-46e5-ad14-320257d1c204

This sentence makes no sense. No two EPL clubs are owned by the same entity.

The point is as long as the Saudi government, or any single entity or individual, doesn't own more than one club in the same competition, it is OK, isn't it?

Jair Ventura

Higher pull than any other club? Simply because PSG is in Paris, the best city in the world? :lol: That PSG and French hubris of yours is more than some real Parisians and French themselves.

I'm sure being in Paris plays a part. But hey, I'm not the one that has to rationalize why PSG has managed to build the roster it has despite their being a number of clubs in more favorable positions.

No denying that France has a great talent pool, one of the biggest along with Brazil in my opinion. Scoring a lot of goals in the WC is nice, it doesn't make Ligue 1 the best league in Europe or in the world though. PSG and other Ligue 1 clubs have to regularly be winning trophies in Europe, or they attract more money than the EPL does to claim that.

The point isn't that Ligue 1 is the strongest competition in Europe, but that the gap that you all imagine between it and Serie A, La Liga, and the Bundesliga doesn't exist. The EPL is a different matter.

The point is as long as the Saudi government, or any single entity or individual, doesn't own more than one club in the same competition, it is OK, isn't it?

Where does Newcastle play?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Bellingham wont end up in Paris.

Different ambitions.

On different note.. been twice.. didnt like it.

Barcelona much more to offer as a city for me.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Aye. Barcelona offer better looking prositutes.

Worse place to get drunk though.

Got blazing on La Ramblas.. fuck me that was an experience.

Dangerous place to be that out of it.

We stayed in Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona once and it was littered with high class prostitutes hanging about outside.

Well stayed there twice but first time was when Villareal were there also and couple Royal folk I think. They must have been on hunt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where does Newcastle play?

The EPL. Who says another Saudi entity or individual, not the same one that owns Newcastle, can't buy Liverpool or Manchester United? Just like the Kronkes and the Glazers and FSG etc., all being American, can own those clubs as long as they are not part of the same group.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Paris got its grandeur and glamour mostly because of literature, in my opinion. The Seine is not bad at all, the museums are top notch and some nice blocks are lovely. You take away the Eiffel Tower, then it is not that different from many other European cities.

Barcelona lacks a river and the museums aren't that great. Not too many green spaces in my opinion. Montjuic is great, one of my favorite parts of the city. The pier is great, the old town not so much.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Paris got its grandeur and glamour mostly because of literature, in my opinion. The Seine is not bad at all, the museums are top notch and some nice blocks are lovely. You take away the Eiffel Tower, then it is not that different from many other European cities.

Barcelona lacks a river and the museums aren't that great. Not too many green spaces in my opinions.

Eiffel tower was full of folk beggin for money when we were there.

Can see why some folk would like it for the history and quite cool in some places but Barcelona far more to offer as a city for me.

Home of Barca Fans