Julián Álvarez

Maradona37

Current Lewa guarantees goals? 0,5 goals per game is not enough to put up with horrible all round game, Haaland is another story because he guarantees almost double goals as Lewa. Pep would never play this version of Lewa.
He was just an example - I didn't actually know he was scoring that little. Tbh I really meant even at his best cos even at his best when he scored a lot he had nowhere near Benzema's all-round game. I just didn't wanna look like I was running prime Lewa down too much.

TheStig

Even though I never really liked him (especially since he's here) I think prime Lewa had great all round game. Not as great as Benzema but he was never even near as bad as Haaland. We saw that Lewa for a few months until Qatar even in Barca but then it all went to hell and it keeps going.

Maradona37

Even though I never really liked him (especially since he's here) I think prime Lewa had great all round game. Not as great as Benzema but he was never even near as bad as Haaland. We saw that Lewa for a few months until Qatar even in Barca but then it all went to hell and it keeps going.
True, it didn't compare to Benzema but was definitely much better than Haaland's. I'd rate it as a 7.5-8/10 all-round game if Benzema was a 9.5.

Haaland's is awful. Probably being harsh on Lewa. He was a good passer and excellent hold-up play.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Nah Olmo is more talented than him. Alvarez is good at shooting and off the ball movement. His technique is slightly above average. His dribbling is average and he is slow.

He had good games for Argentina but I was never impressed with his overall gameplay.

Those who want him to be Barca’s CF are taking the piss. He is 1.7m tall and easy to manhandle.

Last edited:

Rory

Alvarez isn't slow, he's just not rapid. He also works his arse off every game, despite this he's missed a grand total of 1 game due to injuries.

Olmo on the other hand last season alone missed 29, 20 the season before, 19 the season before. Wait until our medical staff get our hands on him!

Jenks

Seems like another one of those transfers where Barca are trying to get talent through the door just for the sake of it.

Porque

Olmo is better, but different players.

Olmo is a poor man's David Silva. Julian Alvarez is a rich man's Choco Lozano.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Alvarez isn't slow, he's just not rapid. He also works his arse off every game, despite this he's missed a grand total of 1 game due to injuries.

Olmo on the other hand last season alone missed 29, 20 the season before, 19 the season before. Wait until our medical staff get our hands on him!

The injury record is insane, makes no sense to buy such a player when you already have enough players who are injury-prone

Home of Barca Fans