Kylian Mbappé

malvolio

Seriously how can they afford him and his salary?

Apart from Hazard, they didn't sign anyone big in the last years. Courtois but they got him cheap. They've dropped Ronaldo's wages and Bale's for a season. And also lost Ramos and Varane. They have an OK squad for now. With Mbappe they win La Liga easily.

Next season they can strengthen further with defenders. Bring Pogba on a free, lured by Mbappe and challenge for CL seriously

Raketa10

I honestly don't care if he joins or not. One player doesn't make a team. If this was the case PSG would have won 2 CL in a row with him and Neymar on the team. This is just a horribly dumb move from Perez.

SmilerBam

I am 99% sure that Haaland and Mbappe won't play together. It's bad for everyone. For those two, for sponsors and for football in general. Messi - Ronaldo rivalry was unbelievably profitable and interesting for their clubs and entire world of football.

Haaland vs Mbappe isn't even the discount version of the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Laplacian

It's not even a debate that throughout the latter half of the 2010s Real Madrid had a stronger and more balanced squad than Barcelona, filled with superstas like Bale, Cr7, Benzema, Marcelona, Kroos, and Ramos. They managed to win 4 UCLs in 5 years, and their wage bill though high was still manageable in comparison to other super clubs. And yet they still have the cash to splurge 160m on a single player.

Shows you the level of difference in management between the two clubs. We bankrupted ourselves to keep our aging core and they're just fine and dandy. Borderline embarrassing, really.

Birdy

Kelayfi would NEVER EVER sell him

Any RM bid is a lost case.

Mbape has his future in his hands. Either he joins RM or any other club next summer or he stays longer at PSG.
But he will 100% be a PSG player in 21/22

El Gato

Villarato!
Honestly a slightly hot take but I dont know how one can't interpret this as panic move.

Can't be sure Mbappe picks RM next year seeing both know squad is underwhelming and Mbappe will only get better arguments to stay, so Floper gets whatever warchest assembled (+ probably a loan, wont believe we channel all the combined profit from last 2 windows on Mbappe alone) and cashes in the chips before opponent is too strong.

Maddening gamble.

But if it means we get Mbappe I guess Im game. Even though it only solves 1 problem and creates at least 3 more the minute he signs.

fergus90

Going by rumours it seems that Mbappe is absolutely crazy about Madrid. The fact he's allowed his contract to run down and rejected ludicrous money to stay shows that his heart his set there.

However, it does seem slightly mad that in just 4 months Mbappe can start negotiating with other clubs to leave on a free and that transfer money could be saved and distributed toward other areas of the squad especially when Madrid seems the favoured destination.

Not that i'm complaining of course, I'd much rather Madrid blow their entire budget on one player :D

FinBarcelonafan

Going by rumours it seems that Mbappe is absolutely crazy about Madrid. The fact he's allowed his contract to run down and rejected ludicrous money to stay shows that his heart his set there.

However, it does seem slightly mad that in just 4 months Mbappe can start negotiating with other clubs to leave on a free and that transfer money could be saved and distributed toward other areas of the squad especially when Madrid seems the favoured destination.

Not that i'm complaining of course, I'd much rather Madrid blow their entire budget on one player :D

Madrid would get him immediately though. Otherwise, they have to wait one year and Mbappe has to sit on a bench.

Givenchy

Mbappe looks like a huge cr7 fanboy looking to follow his hero's path.

If you are 21 and get to run an attack with Neymar and Messi yet want to leave to be the main guy you're a clueless arrogant idiot imo.

He can easily join Madrid or any club in twi years and still have all the time on earth to carve out a legacy there.

tbf he probably wants to get out of Ligue 1 more than it being about Messi/Neymar, his mind was likely already made up

shame he goes to Madrid but we all knew it this year, next, its the worst kept secret.

feggydinho

Haaland vs Mbappe isn't even the discount version of the rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo.

hmmm, how about Mbappe and Dembouz (the dark Prince) :).

On a side note, Mbappe coming would be a nice addition for the league, and he'll surely light it up and make Clasico's more interesting

Home of Barca Fans