Kylian Mbappé

malvolio

Lets look at it:
- Both teams would have two great forwards (Mbappe+Benzema vs Neymar+Messi). I would give the advantage to Real given Mbappe's age.
- In midfield Casemiro+Modric/Kroos/Valverde looks more balanced than no decent DM+Wijnaldum/Veratti
- In defense PSG has a black hole at LB and a crooked Ramos. Marquinhos is nice though.

(rather superficial, just the key players)

you overlooked GK, RB and possible striker that PSG might sign.

di maria looks better on the wing than either hazard or bale. paredes is decent as DM, maybe not quite casemiro but he'll do the job.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lets look at it:
- Both teams would have two great forwards (Mbappe+Benzema vs Neymar+Messi). I would give the advantage to Real given Mbappe's age.
- In midfield Casemiro+Modric/Kroos/Valverde looks more balanced than no decent DM+Wijnaldum/Veratti
- In defense PSG has a black hole at LB and a crooked Ramos. Marquinhos is nice though.

(rather superficial, just the key players)

I would add di maria to the key players, he is a monster in big games. I would take Di maria + Ney + Messi over Benz/Mbappe. The midfields are equal i would say, maybe a bit advantage to real. A fit Ramos and Marquinhos will be tough to beat. Varane looked often lost without ramos and we need to wait how alaba will play. PSG has also Hakimi, a offence beast ( Mendy is also good though).

Lets see it from Mbappe's perspective: He is a very fast striker who need passes. He could have behind him Neymar + Messi + (di maria) + Veratti or Kroos/Modric/case/Valverde - which would you choose?

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I would still take current Messi and Neymar over Mbappe and Benzema. The problem with MSN is that the midfield fell after after 2015...and the defense was aging with Masche old AF and Alves gone. With a faster midfield behind them and a mobile defense, Messi and Ney can still do damage up front. I wouldn't put them as CL favorites without a great striker but they can reach semis or maybe a final.

With a great midfield barca would have won atleast one cl more with MSN, a waste of the best trio ever.

fergus90

He barely played before that match if I remember correctly.

Exactly, now you imagine a 35-year-old Ramos who's struggling to stay fit and play regularly which seems to be the case at the moment, goes up against attackers with pace. Isn't quite the same prime Ramos we were used to all these years.

mc_lovin

I would add di maria to the key players, he is a monster in big games. I would take Di maria + Ney + Messi over Benz/Mbappe. The midfields are equal i would say, maybe a bit advantage to real. A fit Ramos and Marquinhos will be tough to beat. Varane looked often lost without ramos and we need to wait how alaba will play. PSG has also Hakimi, a offence beast ( Mendy is also good though).

Lets see it from Mbappe's perspective: He is a very fast striker who need passes. He could have behind Neymar + Messi + (di maria) + Veratti or Kroos/Modric/case/Valverde - which would you choose?

Well, for one, Mbappe sucks at CF, which he needs to play for PSG and not for Madrid. To get di Maria, Messi and Neymar into the same lineup (without even considering Mbappe) is pretty damn hard as well.

It's clooose first 11 wise. If I was Mbappe I know who I would rather play for.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Well, for one, Mbappe sucks at CF, which he needs to play for PSG and not for Madrid. To get di Maria, Messi and Neymar into the same lineup (without even considering Mbappe) is pretty damn hard as well.

It's clooose first 11 wise. If I was Mbappe I know who I would rather play for.

di maria will be probably benched but Ney/Messi are enough to feed him with passes. Anyways, its his decide, lets see how clever he is :p

mc_lovin

di maria will be probably benched but Ney/Messi are enough to feed him with passes. Anyways, its his decide, lets see how clever he is :p

The point still stands: does he want to be a water carrier for Messi and Neymar in a position he is not comfortable in (same as Ronaldo at CF for example) or have his ass carried by Benzema while being the star?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The point still stands: does he want to be a water carrier for Messi and Neymar in a position he is not comfortable in (same as Ronaldo at CF for example) or have his ass carried by Benzema while being the star?

Does he want to win finally a cl or not...... From the ego perspective i agree with you but he should choose the logical way...

Horatio

You're welcome

lemon_elation_f18.png

Good stuff I am telling you.

mc_lovin

Leonardo: "It seems like a strategy from Madrid to try to get a no from us, to show that they have tried everything and to wait for a year to get him for free. What they're doing is NOT RIGHT, and is ILLEGAL AND UNACCEPTABLE."

Not sure how accurate the translations are, but it's damn funny. They are salty as fuck.

Home of Barca Fans