Kylian Mbappé

fergus90

Sure, great. All of that is true.

Just explain to me how all of that happening could only be possible if he moved this summer and not next summer.

Because they lose Mbappe for nothing. I know you referenced Neymar being booed and wanting to leave but he still had years on his contract and PSG had more leverage and power in the situation.

Right now it's reached a point where PSG are needing to decide if having Mbappe for 1 extra season worth the 180 mil they are turning down. Plus the fans will boo him out the door all season knowing he's definitely going, it just seems like a toxic environment and one that will sour the whole season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

three summers? where did you come up with that? didn't he have the release clause all the while he was here?

i only remember that psg came in, paid the release clause and that was it. neymar didn't run down his contract and didn't sulk for three years to join psg.

Ahh I see the confusion now.

I am talking about how Neymar has angled to come back Barcelona SINCE leaving for PSG.

malvolio

Ahh I see the confusion now.

I am talking about how Neymar has angled to come back Barcelona SINCE leaving for PSG.

go it. but i wouldn't say the two cases are similar.

neymar was always seen as a mercenary. while mbappe is french and born in paris.

so it's natural that fans saw him as the future of the club. they have a team full of mercenaries and hardly any of their own players as stars.

that's why psg fans feels betrayed about mbappe joining madrid and don't give a fuck about neymar.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Because they lose Mbappe for nothing. I know you referenced Neymar being booed and wanting to leave but he still had years on his contract and PSG had more leverage and power in the situation.

Right now it's reached a point where PSG are needing to decide if having Mbappe for 1 extra season worth the 180 mil they are turning down. Plus the fans will boo him out the door all season knowing he's definitely going, it just seems like a toxic environment and one that will sour the whole season.

I hear what you are saying and there are certainly distinctions between him and Neymar. That said, goals and trophies mend all wounds in football, man.

Its a coin-toss situation because while everything you stated is possible, on the flip side and they have done this on several occasions, promise to release them for free next summer, start them as much as possible for six months and then offer them another contract to see if they change their mind.

That way they have actual time to plot another move rather than have to rush a replacement in 48 hours.

i_bleed_blaugrana

go it. but i wouldn't say the two cases are similar.

neymar was always seen as a mercenary. while mbappe is french and born in paris.

so it's natural that fans saw him as the future of the club. they have a team full of mercenaries and hardly any of their own players as stars.

that's why psg fans feels betrayed about mbappe joining madrid and don't give a fuck about neymar.

All of that is why if I was in his situation, I would just stay at PSG and try and make my own history at the club. From an ego/legacy perspective, I would rather be the di Stefano of a new club rather than be a clout chaser like Cristiana but that is just me.

malvolio

All of that is why if I was in his situation, I would just stay at PSG and try and make my own history at the club. From an ego/legacy perspective, I would rather be the di Stefano of a new club rather than be a clout chaser like Cristiana but that is just me.

i think social media plays a big part in this. all about stats and who shines brighter.

even in here you see barcelona fans thinking about messi's legacy not being all that because he didn't win more CLs or a WC. imagine that, greatest player ever and still not satisfied because probably those folks were laughed at by their friends on social media.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't find it weird at all that a Parisian chooses Madrid over Paris.

United, Barcelona and Real Madrid are the three clubs that'll always have a special pull despite having some worse periods.

Doesn't matter how good PSG or City are. If you want your ego to be etched into history it's Barca or Real you choose from, clubs which historically have had the most Ballon d'Or winners.
Those two clubs have more of a superstar culture where one player gets more attention than others. Even before Messi and Ronaldo. Mbappe fits perfectly.

Messi983

the whole 'keep him in the stands for a year' theory is stupid when applied to players of this caliber. you cannot lose 180M of investment just like that, because you want to act high and mighty.

don't know what was milan thinking when they didn't put donnarumma on the market. fat rat screwed them over.

I didn't think they would put him in the stands and doubt that would be their plan either. They would keep him and try to win a CL before letting him go for nothing. They want that title more than they need money and they would have better chances with Mbappe. They don't need to sell him to bring Camavinga, Pogba or whoever they want. That's why I still doubt transfer will go through in the end.

Pramodkumarca

Happy to see that PSG bending down on this. 180 millions is not much a deal as real was saving for this deal for long term potential solve two issue one they has a player who can play on wing as well as striker and bring 30 goal and other they have a star player which is much need after cr7 exit

Wambo

I want him see to fail and be forgotten just like Robinho, Kaka and Bale. He is an narcissistic ego maniac that needs to be put in his place.

Newcomer

It's great for La Liga and push Barca more to rise to the challenge.

It's good news.

No, it is bad news. Perez said that they are ruined and can't do anything without the Super League. And now, they are back to ruining football with indecent money. Proposing 180 millions for 1 year of contract left will set a terrible precedent and will inflate prices in the market.

Home of Barca Fans