Kylian Mbappé

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Tebas' idea of financial discipline is not wrong and his goal of reducing debt is great and overall I like what they were trying to achieve with the CVC deal, my problem with him is that during these years when clubs are clearly impacted by COVID, he refused to relax it other than the first year.

He is caught between a rock and a hard place. They are doing all they can do to try to lift up La Liga but obviously with other leagues not being subject to the same set of rules and when Europe-wise FFP is not being enforced, La Liga takes a bit. Still a worthy hit in my opinion in the long run, I can only hope the new FFP from UEFA will be more stringently enforced. It might end up hurting us more in the short run, actually but if it actually does its job and curbs the power of the state clubs, it is good.

Spoiler alert: It won't

UEFA won't enforce the new FFP rules, and even if they do what stops Man City and PSG from signing more sponsorship deals with companies owned by their owners for inflated values?

Jadentheman

Since Mbappe signed:

a) PSG apparently dismissed Mauricio Pochettini
b) and they now negotiate with Zidane
c) Apparently Leonardo is also gone now

make of that what you will.
just saying that the info that Mbappe has power now (while originating from EL Chiringuito, a garbage source) has been backed by Romain Molina, who is very much Tier 1+ in France.

This means Demb?l? might come to PSG as well. We shall see as the transfer rumors get louder on his renewal

JamDav1982

Lets see if Zidane can sub the likes of Messi without him trying to put the coach in his place.

Difficult dressing room but Zidane would carry more respect from them.

Porque

I think Tebas' idea of financial discipline is not wrong and his goal of reducing debt is great and overall I like what they were trying to achieve with the CVC deal, my problem with him is that during these years when clubs are clearly impacted by COVID, he refused to relax it other than the first year.

He is caught between a rock and a hard place. They are doing all they can do to try to lift up La Liga but obviously with other leagues not being subject to the same set of rules and when Europe-wise FFP is not being enforced, La Liga takes a bit. Still a worthy hit in my opinion in the long run, I can only hope the new FFP from UEFA will be more stringently enforced. It might end up hurting us more in the short run, actually but if it actually does its job and curbs the power of the state clubs, it is good.

This. Ligue 1 (or rather Ligue PSG) also have a FFP rules but chose to relax them after Covid. Tebas on the other hand tightened them. Ligue1 understand the benefit to succumb to it's biggest club for the benefit of the overall product.

There is definitely a need for financial prudence but you can not assign the same model to Real Madrid and Barcelona than to Valencia or further down Eibar. The two Spanish giants have historically shown they lead European football revenues without statebacked funding and financial doping

Clearly you have to work with them and in away behind them as their strength is your spearhead for LaLiga in the international market.

They die, you die. They retract, you retract.

They grow, you grow
[Ernesto 4:12]

Home of Barca Fans