Kylian Mbappé

Morten

You supported PSG for Snakemar :coffee:

Shamelessgician

As for switching sides, Rassvet voiced his displeasure over Mbappe renewing, though knowing him, can't rule out that he will be on the Mbappe-train come autumn.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think Tebas' idea of financial discipline is not wrong and his goal of reducing debt is great and overall I like what they were trying to achieve with the CVC deal, my problem with him is that during these years when clubs are clearly impacted by COVID, he refused to relax it other than the first year.

He is caught between a rock and a hard place. They are doing all they can do to try to lift up La Liga but obviously with other leagues not being subject to the same set of rules and when Europe-wise FFP is not being enforced, La Liga takes a bit. Still a worthy hit in my opinion in the long run, I can only hope the new FFP from UEFA will be more stringently enforced. It might end up hurting us more in the short run, actually but if it actually does its job and curbs the power of the state clubs, it is good.

Long run will never comes if short run doesn't arrive
It is a business of glamour and pride.
If you lose your allure, it can take ages to get it back.
I liked what Tebas has initially done, and it had good intentions.
BUT, you need to deal with current changes all the time, rules are put as a mean to achieve things, not to be worshipped.
Tebas not being flexible was insanity, betting on a stubborn politician like Laporta to kneel to his wishes, betting in a guy he despise to save his ass while providingnothing to help. That is mental.

His 1st term was great, but Liga clubs are just like our Sporting department, they still think what worked before can work now

JamDav1982

Malvolio the mink has become PSGs no1 fan.

Glad on ignore as can call out his nonsense without having to get his dirge in reply.

Only ever argues for all the amigos and PSG now Messi there.

Weasel.

Rassvet

As for switching sides, Rassvet voiced his displeasure over Mbappe renewing, though knowing him, can't rule out that he will on the Mbappe-train after come autumn.

Not so fast there dearie. I’m glad Mbappe isn’t going to Madrid, but just don’t think it is a good career move for him or good for the game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for switching sides, Rassvet voiced his displeasure over Mbappe renewing, though knowing him, can't rule out that he will on the Mbappe-train after come autumn.

Tru.

He'll be spending the summer researching who and which team to glory hunt for next season.

Rory

Kind of torn on whether Mbappe staying at PSG is good for us or not. I'm mostly glad. Short term it's great for us as we wouldn't have a sniff of the league title. They'd probably add to their ucl's before us too.

On the other hand la liga as a whole will have less attention, tv deals not what they could have been sponsors etc. Also think the better Real are the higher target we have to aim at. Maybe Real having someone like Mbappe pushes us to higher heights?

Catta

As for switching sides, Rassvet voiced his displeasure over Mbappe renewing, though knowing him, can't rule out that he will be on the Mbappe-train after come autumn.

Rassvet was preparing to become a full time Madridista. With Benz winning the BdOr, Real the CL, and them signing Mbappe, it was the perfect next club for him. His plans are now ruined, and he is now in a dilemma who to chose as the next club and individual to simp for.

malvolio

Kind of torn on whether Mbappe staying at PSG is good for us or not. I'm mostly glad. Short term it's great for us as we wouldn't have a sniff of the league title. They'd probably add to their ucl's before us too.

On the other hand la liga as a whole will have less attention, tv deals not what they could have been sponsors etc. Also think the better Real are the higher target we have to aim at. Maybe Real having someone like Mbappe pushes us to higher heights?

All true what you're saying. But Barca has to climb a bit to even challenge this Madrid first. And then we can talk about us wrestling against a Madrid with Mbappe.

La Liga will have to find its own way. And that's a good thing.

khaled_a_d

It is true that La Liga depends on Madrid and Barca but I don't think you can ever design a set of rules that have different criteria for different participants. It will never work.

You don't set different rule, you apply it differently.
Sounds corrupt, but there is a reason it literally happens everywhere

Morten

All true what you're saying. But Barca has to climb a bit to even challenge this Madrid first. And then we can talk about us wrestling against a Madrid with Mbappe.

La Liga will have to find its own way. And that's a good thing.

You are a Lewandowski-signing away from being league-challengers imo, or just Benzema dropping to the level a 34/35 year old is supposed to be playing at.

Not necessarily that simple, but just a couple of small things and there won't be much to separate.

Home of Barca Fans