Kylian Mbappé

Morten

He probably renews sometimes next year, he just wants to see who can give him the biggest offer and thats prob still PSG.

Can we just get a striker this window?

Horatio

You're welcome
Looks like they will do just that. Left out of the squad traveling to Japan and apparently they have made it clear that all players who are left out are not part of the club's future plans.
Pretty sure thats not going to happen. Theres going to be tremendous backlash from fans. How you gonna play your cl games while benching your starplayer?!

serghei

Good for him. Sucks for PSG, but you reap what you sow. Used PSG to get filthy rich as a youngster, and now wants to go to a real team to win big titles. Makes sense.

Birdy

He's not trying to pull anything. He's well within his rights to not extend and that's all he communicated. They're trying to stop him leaving and will want to give selves time to do so by any means necessary.

I thin they have accepted that he will leave by now. They don't accept that he will leave for free.
That's a different issue, and they are doing what they can to force him bring an offer now and leave now rather than for free

Yes, it's something he is pulling on them, like many players with inflated brains helped by agents try to pull on clubs nowadays

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah nothing conclusive here to say they're happy to let him go. Too many people viewing their actions as actions of a 'normal club. It's exactly how leaks to Romano and press are presenting them as, which is against their image to date. In reality comms so far are designed to smear him and make PSG fans turn on him for wanting to milk club dry, and discourage him from doing so, ideally by committing to at least fulfil rest of his contract.
They're prideful and don't care about making money from his sale. They won't admit defeat this easily. Haven't even rolled out big guns like last time with pressure from government to keep him

Too early to say for sure

Mbappe so far well within his rights to communicate intent to depart in 2024. Club just needs to play their cards to try and keep him longer correctly. If try to bench him for a few months but he's introduced later and helps them to CL final for instance it'd be a good way to turn the negotiations on its head and entice him to play out final year of contract at least

Would be very surprised if we don't hear their "we received no offers reflecting his value yet" line several times till September

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

I won't be surprised if he rejects real Madrid yet again

Small team being treated like trash. Nothing new.

Perez needs to get down on his knees and beg for him at this point.

Morten

So i guess Al-Hilal are after him too now, would be hilarious if he went there, but i dont think even Mbappe is that obsessed with money.

Birdy

Would be very surprised if we don't hear their "we received no offers reflecting his value yet" line several times till September

To know whether they are not bluffing with this one, Perez has to submit an offer actually reflecting his value even with 1 year remaining on his contract.
Something in the region of 120-180 m is that.
That didn't happen last time around (summer 2021) when Perez tried to play the smart bird and buy him for under his market value money.

So if he tries again to lowball with an unreflective offer, they will be justified to say that

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can’t fault Mbappe for not renewing and wanting at big fat loyalty bonus from PSG, but he is a prick to leave for free to Madrid, to screw PSG’s financial FairPlay (without selling him it effects their FFP drastically I read) and to get a fat sign on bonus from Madrid as a result of joining them for free.

I have zero love for PSG but it is disheartening to see Madrid getting him for free. Madrid needs to bleed.

serghei

They won't be getting him for free. 100m signing-on bonus for Mbappe in these conditions is a given. It's just that he's pocketing all the money involved in the deal and PSG are screwed basically. And it's a cheaper deal for Madrid obviously, by 25-50% depending on the size of that sign-on bonus.

PSG seem to have woken up finally about the dangers of using money as your single argument basically. But it's too late with Mbappe. He's in his prime now and if he doesn't move now... he's in danger of wasting his best years at PSG.

El Gato

Villarato!
To know whether they are not bluffing with this one, Perez has to submit an offer actually reflecting his value even with 1 year remaining on his contract.
Something in the region of 120-180 m is that.
That didn't happen last time around (summer 2021) when Perez tried to play the smart bird and buy him for under his market value money.

So if he tries again to lowball with an unreflective offer, they will be justified to say that
Nah
There were two bids, of minimum 160. Latter was debatable around 200+20 or 40 depending which report you believe.

Perez knows he should lowball to get his way anyhow. Only question is whether he's willing to gamble on Mbappe not changing mind again. But would think he unfortunately learned his lesson and might agree to pay close to asking price. Which will be in excess of 200 if they're ever going to actually consider being open to a sale

Then again I might eat my words cuz he's always been a gambler

Porque

You can’t fault Mbappe for not renewing and wanting at big fat loyalty bonus from PSG, but he is a prick to leave for free to Madrid, to screw PSG’s financial FairPlay (without selling him it effects their FFP drastically I read) and to get a fat sign on bonus from Madrid as a result of joining them for free.

I have zero love for PSG but it is disheartening to see Madrid getting him for free. Madrid needs to bleed.

Thing is PSG were delaying the inevitable, and probably should have sold him when Madrid offered 200m.

In the end it did not benefit them sportingly to keep him. And in turn, they also created the beast, paying him way too much, way too early into his career.

Madrid will face the same problems as we did with Messi if they chose to keep him and keep renewing him. And Mbappe has already showed his face, that he will prefer a short/medium term contract and keep the power to himself. What he done to PSG he might do to Madrid, and move to the next big bidder... a Saudi owned top tier side in Europe (when Newcastle arrive there or someone else).

Porque

Nah
There were two bids, of minimum 160. Latter was debatable around 200+20 or 40 depending which report you believe.

Perez knows he should lowball to get his way anyhow. Only question is whether he's willing to gamble on Mbappe not changing mind again. But would think he unfortunately learned his lesson and might agree to pay close to asking price. Which will be in excess of 200 if they're ever going to actually consider being open to a sale

Then again I might eat my words cuz he's always been a gambler

How about 100m for 'Arry and 100m (sign on) for Mbappe next year. Two for the price of one, and if Mbappe flip-flops again, you still got one WC player who already speaks French.

serghei

Doubt Madrid will be as dumb as we were with Messi. Ronaldo precedent shows they don't cave under player pressure nearly as fast as Barcelona. They will use Mbappe to win about 2 more CLs and they will have no problem letting him go for a good sum.

Home of Barca Fans