Kylian Mbappé

JamDav1982

We will need a top striker soon. Regardless of our midfield problems, Suarez is deteriorating and Paco pretty much useless, you can't just rely on Messi to score all of our goals.

Dont even think Barca could get him even if moved for him.

Rather wait a year and pay Griezmann 100m clause and try to get Coutinho now with the money.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We will need a top striker soon. Regardless of our midfield problems, Suarez is deteriorating and Paco pretty much useless, you can't just rely on Messi to score all of our goals.

Mbappe is out of the question. We don't have the money to meet his transfer price and salary demands. We should start looking around though for a young striker talent.

Andrea Belotti.

[tw]901849155026513926[/tw]

JamDav1982

Rather Griezmann if the 100m clause is accurate.

Belotti seems more of a target man balls into box type player from what little have seen of him.....not just based on that goal.

vlad

Mbappe is out of the question. We don't have the money to meet his transfer price and salary demands. We should start looking around though for a young striker talent.

Inaki williams would be me choice, only 23 years old, great talent, reminds me a bit on eto'o, would not cost, but its for another thread, mbappe is expensive and impossible right know

JamDav1982

Inaki williams would be me choice, only 23 years old, great talent, reminds me a bit on eto'o, would not cost, but its for another thread, mbappe is expensive and impossible right know

He is nowhere near good enough in my opinion.

See his name pop up from time to time but has never looked even all that great in the Bilbao side.

DonAK

Rather Griezmann if the 100m clause is accurate.

Belotti seems more of a target man balls into box type player from what little have seen of him.....not just based on that goal.

He's a complete #9 with great movement.

Griezmann not really a CF in that sense. Often finds himself playing off a striker or a man further forward than him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isnt a choker.

Just a shitty label that means fuck all.

He is not prolific enough compared to top strikers and he always almost fails to score in important games.

What is the point of getting a 27 year old striker? We might as well get Lewandowski or Aubameyang.

JamDav1982

He's a complete #9 with great movement.

Griezmann not really a CF in that sense. Often finds himself playing off a striker or a man further forward than him.

Griezmann more versatile and proven in Spain.

Jut think a proper no.9 is not what is needed. Need more pace, movement and versaitility than that for me.

Garrus

Nah, I don't want Griezmann at all, will be 27 next year and a choker.

I remember constantly being told that Suarez is a choker against big teams, And there was even true stats showing that he hardly ever scored against the top 5 EPL teams.

But we all know how things turned out to be with Suarez, And all of that choker talk was buried and forgotten.

But i agree about the age, I'd like a younger player with bigger potential that can serve us for many years.

Last edited:

DonAK

Griezmann more versatile and proven in Spain.

Jut think a proper no.9 is not what is needed. Need more pace, movement and versaitility than that for me.

And Belotti is hardly slow.

He's the closest to Suarez there is when it comes to CF prospects right now.

Being proven in Spain not necessarily the best thing. We learned the hard way with that recently.

JamDav1982

He is not prolific enough compared to top strikers and he always almost fails to score in important games.

What is the point of getting a 27 year old striker? We might as well get Lewandowski or Aubameyang.

He regularly scores v Barca and Madrid and plays well.

Does more than just score as well.

People put too much focus on that pen miss in CL final. He scored the pen in shoot out and scored twice to put Barca out earlier on in that CL run. Scored his pen v Real last season as well and scored in other games vs Barca and Real.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I remember constantly being told that Suarez is a choker against big teams, And there was even true stats showing that he hardly ever scored against the top 5 EPL teams.

But we all know how things turned out to be with Suarez, And all of that choker talk was buried and forgotten.

Suarez proved himself at Liverpool, Greizmann on the other hand never was convincing enough for me. Just my opinion.

JamDav1982

And Belotti is hardly slow.

He's the closest to Suarez there is when it comes to CF prospects right now.

Being proven in Spain not necessarily the best thing. We learned the hard way with that recently.

Never said he was slow.

I get it you like him. I dont think he is what is needed to play with Messi etc. See how it pans out.

Nothing like Suarez when I have seen him.

Home of Barca Fans