La Liga 2019/20

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

soul24rage

Having my adrenaline level back to normal and seeing the 3 incidents in different angles, I think all 3 calls were correct (Under the rule that it is written, the Sociedad goal was imo correctly ruled out even though I think it is a stupid rule)

However, seeing the Messi goal vs ATM in the supercup in 2020 being disallowed even though the ball has touched the exact same place as Benzema's was, you really have to call out the consistency that these refs have.

Same thing happened when we visited the Anoeta having conceded a penalty for shirt pulling and we should have gotten a penalty for that exact same reason.

El Gato

Villarato!
For me, the disallowed Sociedad goal is just ridiculous. As soon as that call went your way, I knew the title race was over.

This sort of thing has been called before, not just in Real or Barca games even. Last season Modric goal was disallowed with Varane in an offside position interfering with the action, just as Merino was here obstructing Courtois vision. Tibo was standing quite close to the left post so would have had time to react had it not been for lack of view caused by the offside player.

Eb-En-Kk1-Wk-AASuv-E-format-jpg-name-large.jpg

+ Barca benefitted from it not being ruled before too (Undiano being Undiano):

Vinicius was briefly tripped, not very visible from the side view we saw in-game very well, which led to his stumble.
Eb-Em-Ml-JWk-AIEHJJ-format-jpg-name-900x900.jpg

Shoulder call was debated for a long while.

All three correct.

Last edited:

Messi983

Villarreal vs Sevilla is going on now, Paco has just scored. Villarreal are doing their best Atletico impression winning 1-0 after the break, we'll see if they can do it another time. If they win they'll be just 2 points behind 4th place.

There should be some pretty good competition for 3rd/4th position between AM, Sevilla and Villarreal with Getafe and especially Sociedad not being in the best form since the return. Can't totally write off Valencia either.

The Real Madrid social media cover up campaign mainly consists of highlighting a change in the handball rule which only take place at the beginning of next season.

As the rule stands now , that is as clear a handball as you are likely to ever see. Those who dispute it would love to see any other examples of similar goals being allowed in the VAR era. Of memory can remember all goals of this type being chalked off including Leo's vs Athleti, which was even higher up the arm than Benz's.

Home of Barca Fans